1. “One-Ticket” Service
Passengers holding CSAir conjunction tickets for two segments (within the same PNR and same-day transit) may request boarding passes and baggage checks for both segments at the departure airport, and they do not need to collect baggage at the transit airport.
“One-ticket” service is currently being tried out on the Tbilisi and Baku route for international flights departing from other countries and transiting in Urumqi, but passengers need to collect their baggage for customs clearance by themselves.
2. Express Check-in Service
Passengers transiting to domestic flights in Urumqi who have not purchased CSAir conjunction tickets (or whose two segments of the conjunction tickets are not within the same PNR and do not support “one-ticket” service) can go to the CSAir transit counter by No. 1 baggage carousel in the Arrivals Hall of T3 to collect boarding passes and check in baggage.
3. Express Boarding Service
Passengers transiting to domestic flights in Urumqi who are supported by the “one-ticket” service or have checked in at CSAir transit counters can take the CSAir transit elevator to the Arrivals Hall, where they can go through security checks before going directly to the Departures Hall, saving time and effort.
4. Transit Lounge Service
The transit lounge area is located by the transit elevator in the Domestic Arrivals Hall.opens from 8:00 to 20:00 every day.It provides drinks, books and magazines, and wireless Internet access.Free breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided to transit passengers every day at 9:30, 13:30 and 19:30 respectively. Meals are in limited supply. Passengers with a transit time of more than 2 hours may enjoy a comfortable wait.
5. “One-on-one” Service for First/Business Class Passengers
CSAir provides our first/business class passengers transiting in Urumqi with “one-on-one” service.with dedicated personnel receiving passengers at cabin gate and providing transit guidance.
6. Express “Plane-to-Plane” Service
Passengers with a transit time shorter than the minimum connecting time (MCT) will be greeted by transit personnel at the cabin door and taken to their onward flights. The service is provided under the following four circumstances:
Domestic-to-domestic passengers: Passengers with a connecting time that is between 30 and 50 minutes will be guided by transit personnel to complete procedures and taken to the boarding gate. If the passenger has checked baggage, the transit personnel will collect the baggage from under the aircraft and bring it to the onward flight, ensuring that the passenger and his/her baggage can arrive at the destination on the same flight whenever possible.
Domestic-to-international passengers: If the connecting time is less than 100 minutes, transit personnel will greet the passenger at the cabin door. If the passenger has checked baggage, he/she needs to collect the baggage himself/herself and proceed to the International Departures Hall to complete check-in procedures, after which the transit personnel will send the passenger to the boarding gate.
International-to-domestic passengers: If the connecting time is less than 90 minutes, transit personnel will greet the passenger at the cabin door. If the passenger has checked baggage, he/she needs to collect the baggage himself/herself and proceed to the Domestic Departures Hall to complete check-in procedures, after which the transit personnel will send the passenger to the boarding gate.From 00:00 on February 28, foreign tourists entering Urumqi for the first time need to input their fingerprint at the border inspection checkpoint. Transit staff will help guide passengers in registering fingerprints during border inspection.
International-to-international passengers: If the connecting time is less than 60 minutes, transit personnel will greet the passenger at the cabin door. If the passenger has checked baggage, he/she needs to collect the baggage himself/herself and proceed to the International Departures Hall to complete check-in procedures, after which the transit personnel will send the passenger to the boarding gate.From 0:00 on February 28, international passengers entering China for the first time are required to register their irises at the Urumqi Public Security Office. The transit staff will assist the border inspection authority in guiding passengers for information collection.
7. Baggage consignment service
From January 1, baggage service is provided to China Southern passengers with a domestic transfer in Urumqi in which the transit time is less than the MCT.
Specific operations are as follows:
1)For passengers with a domestic transfer and a transit time of less that the MCT, and where their luggage cannot be collected due to a short transit time or other reason, China Southern transit staff shall inform passengers that their luggage can be transported to their destination on the next scheduled flight. Passengers need to pick up their luggage from the destination airport. Upon receiving passenger approval, a Letter of Entrustment is signed and three copies provided (one each for the passenger, transit, and luggage check), and the passenger's contact number is recorded.
2)After transit staff have shown the passengers to the boarding gate, they shall return to the luggage carousel to pick up their luggage, and then submit the Letter of Entrustment and the luggage to Urumqi Luggage Inquiry for transfer on the next scheduled flight.
3)Transit staff shall send a message to the number provided by the passenger to inform them of the subsequent flight number, the expected arrival time, and the phone number for luggage inquiries at the destination.
8. Free Accommodation Service
(Applicable only to passengers holding connected tickets of China Southern Airlines that transit in Urumqi, that is, the two segments must be in the same reservation code)
1. Passengers taking a China Southern Airlines flight, passengers taking a China Southern Airlines international codeshare flight, and passengers taking a China Southern Airlines domestic codeshare flight operated by Chongqing Airlines or XiamenAir that connects with a China Southern Airlines international flight or China Southern Airlines international codeshare flight
2. Transfer time:
International flights: Passengers for whom it will take no less than 8 hours and no more than 48 hours to transfer between international flights or between an international flight and a domestic flight;
Domestic-domestic flights: Passengers for whom it will take no more than 24 hours to transfer from a domestic flight which is scheduled to arrive at 23:00 or later to another domestic flight which is scheduled to depart at 06:00 or later the next day.
Note：Domestic - Domestic codeshare flights are ineligible for accommodation.
1. VIP passengers, passengers who transfer between a domestic flight and an international flight or between international flights and travel in first class or business class for the international flight or all of the flights, passengers holding a China Southern Airlines Sky Pearl Gold card, and SkyTeam Elite Plus members are entitled to stay at a Grade A partnered hotel of China Southern Airlines.
2.In Domestic (International) - International interchange, only passengers of first class/business class in domestic leg and hold a China Southern Airlines Sky Pearl Silver card, SkyTeam Elite Plus members are entitled to stay at a Grade B partnered hotel of China Southern Airlines.
3.Other transfer passengers eligible for free accommodation are entitled to stay at a Grade C partnered hotel of China Southern Airlines.
4. A rewards ticket for connecting flights will be deemed an ordinary ticket, and passengers who travel with a rewards ticket for connecting flights will be provided with accommodation based on the category of the passenger and the class.
5. This service includes a bed in a standard room for one night (including breakfast) and shuttle service between the terminal and the hotel are free of charge. Other services shall be at the expense of passengers, if any. The check-in time is subject to the rules of the hotel.
Due to abnormality in the departure flight, it may be that passengers are unable to connect to the scheduled transfer flight (both flights must be operated by China Southern Airlines).After passengers meet the above connection time standard for free accommodation upon rescheduling, China Southern Airlines Transit Services at Urumqi will provide free accommodation, lodging, and an airport shuttle for the affected passengers.
1. Transit Service – Free Accommodation is a free service offered by China Southern Airlines and is not included in your ticket fare.
2. Free accommodation is not provided to passengers who are not in transit, where the two consecutive flights on the same ticket are considered a return flight.
3. Passengers who have booked a hotel for a transfer in Urumqi need to go to the transit accommodation counter after the arrival of the flight, and the counter staff will confirm the information about your stay and arrange for a free shuttle to the hotel.
4. When arriving on domestic flights, please check in at the transit accommodation counter next to Baggage Carousel 4 in the Domestic Arrivals Hall of T3.When arriving on international flights, please check in at the transit accommodation counter at the entrance to the International Arrivals Hall of T3.
5. As required by the public security authority of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region: all Chinese citizens must show their ID cards when checking in to hotel accommodation in Urumqi.
6. Transit accommodation hotline: 0991-3800215
9. Accommodation Reservation Service
A group of 10 or more passengers may apply to CSAir Transit Services for group hotel reservation. In such a situation, they need to send passenger names, arrival flight, arrival date, arrival time, connecting flight number, transit date, contact persons and phone numbers in a form by fax to 0991-3808877 – 9771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Then they need to call 0991-3800215 to confirm that the fax is received and get the reservation number. Once the reservation is successful, CSAir Transit Services will arrange reasonable accommodation for passengers in advance.
10. 24-hour transit service hotline: 0991-3800215.