Passenger may purchase and book a seat to transport over-sized cabin baggage, i.e. Cabin Baggage (CBBG); most of them are musical instruments, statues, precise instruments, electrical appliances, valuable and/or fragile objects.
Note: Large numbers of valuables (such as gold, cash) may only be accepted as CBBG. When checking in, passengers should present carrying certificates issued by relevant management departments.
1. Size requirements for CBBG:
(1) Where the baggage carried by passengers to the cabin exceeds 55cm×40cm×20cm in size and meets the CBBG transport standards, the passengers shall purchase CBBG tickets, but the size of CBBG shall not exceed 145cm×50cm×30cm (the maximum applicable size in ERJ Economy Class is 55cm×40cm×20cm), and the weight should not exceed 75kg.
(1) Where the baggage carried by passengers to the cabin does not exceed 55cm×40cm×20cm in size, if CBBG tickets are still needed, please follow the applicable CBBG transport rules.
2. Packing requirements for CBBG
CBBG must be packed properly by passenger himself/ herself; the package material must not be made of glass. And if it is instrument, it should be installed with handle outside for fixation.
3. Arrangement rules for CBBG:
(1) In Economy Class, CBBG shall be arranged in a seat near window and next to the passenger’s seat. Generally, it is arranged in the last three rows, but if there are no vacant seats in the last three rows, it may be moved forward, but not preceding the second row behind the emergency exit.
(2) In Business Class and First Class, CBBG will be arranged in a middle or window seat next to the passenger’s seat in rear rows.
(3) In special circumstances, for example, the travel of a large orchestra, the seats are arranged as the case may be.
(4) CBBG shall not impede or obstruct the use of any exit and cabin passage; it shall not prevent other passengers from seeing "fasten seat belt", "no smoking" and "exit" lights.
4. Booking of CBBG tickets
To book a CBBG ticket, the passenger should call 95539 or visit the ticket offices directly under China Southern Airlines 72 hours before the flight departure to make request and reservation with the customer service staff. Only after the confirmation by China Southern Airlines may CBBG be transported.
For passengers who carry large musical instruments and other baggage, and need to purchase CBBG tickets, but fail to make reservation 72 hours in advance, if the flight has a specified location for CBBG, the passengers may purchase CBBG tickets on spot; if there is no specified location, the passengers have to reschedule to other China Southern flights or give up such requests.
For passengers who carry precious metals, statues and other baggage with the sum of the three sides no more than 100*60*40cm, need to purchase CBBG tickets, but fail to make reservation 72 hours in advance, if the flight has consecutive adjacent seats available for sale, the passengers may purchase CBBG tickets on spot; if there is no adjacent seats, the passengers have to reschedule to other China Southern flights or give up such requests.
5. Billing rules for CBBG
(1) CBBG shall be at the same physical class (i.e. service class) as the passenger's. CBBG shall be charged according to the applicable fare for the number of seats actually occupied by the CBBG. The applicable tax is charged based on the actual number of passengers on board.
(2) Advanced seat selection is inapplicable to CBBG. The seat is designated by the system or by the manual counter.
(3) There is no free baggage allowance for CBBG.
(4) Baggage value statement is inapplicable to CBBG. The passenger shall bear the responsibility for protecting and storing CBBG.
(5) CBBG cannot be jointly transported with other airlines.
(6) Mileage is not accrued for CBBG.
(7) Extra Seat is inapplicable to CBBG.
Click an airline logo to find out about the services.