China Southern Airlines have no liability for compensation of passengers’ fault leading to checked baggage delayed, damaged, and lost. China Southern Airlines is only liable for the delay, damage and loss due to the fault of CSAir’s. Compensation will be made based on China Southern Airlines’ related regulations.
Coverage of compensation:
1. China Southern Airlines will be liable for any delay, loss, or damage during the period from the consignment to delivery.
2. China Southern Airlines will not take any liability when CSAir has proven that all necessary measures have been made or measures are impossible to make to avoid the delay or loss.
3. China Southern Airlines will not take any liability when losses of checked baggage are totally caused by its natural property, quality or defects.
4. China Southern Airlines will not take any liability when harm or damage to passenger or baggage is caused by the items inside the baggage. Furthermore, China Southern Airlines will claim demand compensation when the items inside the baggage cause harm or damage to other passengers, other passengers’ belongings, or China Southern Airlines’ properties.
5. Any damage and loss of the items that are prohibited to be transported in checked baggage, those items will be regarded and compensated as general checked baggage by China Southern Airlines.
Claimants need to file a written objection to China Southern Airlines if demanding compensation for missing or damaged check in baggage.
1. If missing baggage is unable to be found and delivered within twenty-one days after original flight arrival, passengers have the right to make claims to China Southern Airlines.
2. If baggage is found damaged or stained, passengers must request the carriers or their authorised agencies for baggage transport accident record before leaving the baggage claims area. Besides, the further claims must be raised within seven days after the issuance of the record.
3. If baggage is delayed, passengers must raise a claim within twenty-one days after the receipt of delayed baggage.
Yes. If the flight is changed or cancelled due to the reasons ascribable to China Southern Airlines and the passenger is arranged to another flight with corresponding changes to the baggage, the overweight charge will be refunded for any overpayment but not be supplemented for any deficiency.