Jordan flights from
Flights and Holidays to Jordan
A holiday of biblical proportions
A safe haven in a region riven by conflict, Jordan has been beguiling travellers for millennia. Generations of explorers and conquerors have left behind a trail of imposing monuments that continue to delight visitors today. Discover fascinating ancient civilisations, vast awe-inspiring deserts, modern metropolises and the warmest of welcomes.
Comb through the red desert expanses of Wadi Rum, described by T E Lawrence as “vast, echoing and godlike”. For a total contrast, swing by the modern city of Amman with its souks and cafes, stopping for a tasty falafel at the legendary Hashem Restaurant. Visit Jerash, a vast Greco-Roman settlement 30 miles outside Amman that boasts well-preserved theatres, colonnades, a hippodrome, triumphal arches, squares and intricate mosaics. Then revive yourself by bobbing about in the healing, salty waters of the Dead Sea, whose shoreline is the lowest point of dry land on the earth's surface. Allow two full days to explore the jewel in Jordan’s bestudded crown, the incredible Petra, which is stuffed to the gills with prized antiquities amid a vast rocky landscape that seems to shift shapes as the day’s light gradually fades. Book your flights to Jordan today and let your adventure begin.
Jordan holiday FAQs
Make the most of your Jordan holiday
After the heat and dust of Wadi Rum and Petra, there’s welcome relief in the laid-back Mediterranean resort of Aqaba. Don’t overlook the Dana Reserve Biosphere and its archaeological treasures – from ancient copper mines and Byzantine churches to Neolithic villages and a Roman aqueduct.
What are the best things to do in Jordan?
- Explore the spectacular ancient city of Petra. Built in the 4th Century BC by the Nabataeans who carved out great temples, tombs and other buildings from the sheer sandstone rock cliffs, Petra is a treasure trove of archaeological wonders. Hike your way past the Theatre, the Treasury, the Royal Tombs and other iconic sights. Stay at the Petra Marriott Hotel and swim in the outdoor pool with breathtaking views of the Petra Mountains.
- Float on the Dead Sea. Perhaps the world’s most famous salt lake, the Dead Sea has water that’s ten times saltier than sea water. It lies around 430 metres below sea level and is said to confer various health benefits. The heavy salination means you can literally float in the warm, soothing, salty waters. Stay at the Hilton Dead Sea Resort and Spa where you can enjoy direct lift access to the beach.
- Discover Wadi Rum. Jordan’s red-rock wilderness is an extraordinary untouched stretch of desert the size of New York City. Witness colossal rock formations, rippled sand dunes and clear night skies. Hike, see it from a hot air balloon, take a jeep safari tour or stay overnight in a Bedouin camp for the ultimate experience.
- See the Temple of Hercules. Considered the most important Roman structure in the Amman Citadel, the temple was built around 160 AD. See the giant hand that’s all that remains of a mighty statue of Hercules, along with two complete 30-foot-high pillars and the ruins of four other pillars. Stay at the Fairmont Amman with its Willow Stream Spa and the city's only day-light ballroom.
- The sprawling, westernised city of Amman contains many surprises. Historic attractions such as the Citadel, Roman Amphitheatre, the Jordan Museum and Al Balad with its Arabic souks share space with a lively cafe culture and luxury hotels exuding warm hospitality. Stay at the Kempinski Amman with its unique design and lavish rooms.
Where is the best place to stay in Jordan?
We have a great choice of Jordan hotels. The Crowne Plaza Jordan – Dead Sea Resort & Spa has a pool bar with an adult-only infinity pool offering sweeping views of the Dead Sea. The Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea has a luxurious spa that uses natural Dead Sea products, while the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea offers gardens dotted with lagoons, waterfalls and private pools, where ancient olive trees mingle with bamboo palms.
Prenota con noi la tua vacanza ideale
Trova le offerte migliori e risparmia combinando volo, hotel e noleggio auto. Abbiamo più di 12.000 alberghi tra cui scegliere. In più, prenotando con noi la tua vacanza accumuli Avios bonus.
Depositi online ridotti
Prenota in anticipo e garantisciti la vacanza dei tuoi sogni solo con un piccolo deposito online.
Numero verde attivo 24 ore su 24
Abbiamo un team dedicato disponibile 24 ore su 24 per qualsiasi problema.
Hotel attentamente selezionati
Abbiamo più di 12.000 hotel in destinazioni popolari di tutto il mondo.