Skip to Navigation
Show allHide allshowhideexpandedcollapsed
Random Acts of Kindness at British Airways
Terms and Conditions
- British Airways Plc is the promoter of this competition (“BA”).
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in the UK aged 18 years or over who has participated in the British Airways competition (“Eligible Participant”). British Airways reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.
- To be counted as an Eligible Participant, an entrant to the prize draw must submit their entry by replying to the Twitter post, posted by @British_Airways on 17 February 2019 about Random Acts of Kindness day and in their reply to the social media post provide a summary of an act of kindness experienced by them or someone they are travelling with due to the kindness of a British Airways employee. All entries must include the hashtag #randomactsofkindnessday and be in response to the original social media post posted by British Airways. All entries must be submitted between 00:00 GMT 17 February 2020 and 23:59 GMT 17 February 2020 ("Competition Period"). Any user found to be using multiple accounts to enter this promotion will have their entry/ entries disqualified.
- Entries which are incomplete, misspelt, incomprehensible or confirmed to not have occurred are void and will not be entered into the competition.
- No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
- No third-party entries are permitted and only one entry per eligible participant is allowed.
- The following prize is available: 2 x business (Club Europe) return flights in the British Airways Network. (the "Prize").
- Travel must occur before 17 February 2021, there are no alternative dates available as part of this Prize.
- The tickets are for mainline British Airways network and flights only. Travel on British Airways Franchise, code share or alliance partner airlines is not included in this agreement.
- Flights will be inventory controlled and subject to availability, capacity control and agreement by British Airways; therefore, access during school holidays and major sporting and cultural events, as well as other dates where capacity is limited, will be restricted. British Airways reserves the right to limit the number of seats made available on any flight; and, it is possible that seats allocated for prize tickets on a particular flight may be fully booked even though seats may show available for sale on ba.com. British Airways does not accept any responsibility in the event we are unable to book your preferred flight(s).
- Flights must be booked at least 60 days prior to intended departure date following the instructions provided and in combination with these Terms and Conditions.
- Guests under 18, children and infants may not be eligible for these tickets. Children and infants will not be accepted in the First or business (Club Europe) if eligible for these tickets.
- Confirmation of the booking will be sent to the person requesting your flight/ticket as soon as possible or at least 7 days prior to the departure date requested.
- Once a booking is confirmed it will be ticketed and e-tickets as advised.
- Between 00.00 GMT 18 February 2020 and 23.59 GMT 25 February 2020 a winner will be selected at random from those Eligible Participants who submitted an entry form under independent supervision in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Once the winner of the Prize has been chosen, they will be contacted on Twitter, and asked to Direct Message ("DM”) British Airways. The DM must be sent to British Airways before 23:59 GMT 28 February 2020 to confirm their acceptance of the prize. ("Claim Period"). Winners must confirm their acceptance of the Prize in writing within the Claim Period by utilising the medium by which they were contacted. If any winner of the Prize does not claim the Prize within the Claim Period, or the Prize is declined by any winner, British Airways reserves the right to select a supplementary prize-winner from the remaining Eligible Participants' entries at British Airways' discretion and this winner will be sent the relevant notification.
- Reservation changes are not permitted after tickets have been confirmed and issued.
- Tickets are not transferable, have no cash value and are not for resale.
- Tickets are booked in business (Club Europe).
- No upgrades are allowed.
- Passengers must travel together.
- The winner is responsible for any additional expenses, including transportation to and from the airport and all incidental expenses.
- Prize flights cannot be used in conjunction with any loyalty programme points such as Avios, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer(s) by British Airways or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, award.
- The prize-winner and their travelling companion are responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and arranging any relevant travel insurance, medical insurance or car hire prior to commencing any flights.
- No organisers of the competition are eligible to win this prize.
- Tickets for Prize travel are valid for the prize-winner accompanied by one travelling companion, who must be aged 18 or over. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the winner and the travelling companion and references to the prize-winner include (where the context permits) the travelling companion.
- British Airways reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value should the specified prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
- British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond British Airways’ control.
- All travel on British Airways flights is subject to British Airways' general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
- All third-party Terms and Conditions relating to the prize apply.
- Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition. Where imposing such condition is legal, participation in the competition constitutes the winner's (and companion's) consent to British Airways' and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- For the winner’s name, please send a stamped self-addresses envelope after 28 February 2020 to Jack Calway, British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB.