The inspiration for
Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island
A serene Caribbean sanctuary
The inspiration for
Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island
Tobago holidays from
GMT -4 hours
Unspoiled beaches, a picturesque port town, pretty fishing villages and palm trees gently swaying in the breeze: Tobago is the perfect place to head for a relaxing Caribbean holiday. With its low-key reputation and incredibly diverse vistas, you can experience everything from swimming in secluded coves to visiting lush nature reserves and rainforest habitats.
Breathtakingly beautiful, Tobago packs a punch for such a tiny island. Its natural beauty makes it a marvel to look at and a serene destination for an unforgettable holiday that refreshes and rejuvenates. Some of the best beaches on Tobago lie at the southern tip of the island, including Store Bay and Pigeon Point, offering a slice of paradise with street food vendors, sparkling turquoise waters and sun loungers to soak up the sunshine. Head off the coast of Pigeon Point Beach for snorkelling at the famous Buccoo Reef, a solid starting point for beginners.Experienced divers should book a glass-bottomed boat tour to explore the best diving spots in Speyside. Or simply swim in the peaceful blue waters around Cottton Bay. Whether you’re after a quiet holiday with the family, a romantic getaway or an adults-only retreat, Tobago has everything you need for a relaxing Caribbean beach holiday. Book your flights to Tobago now and experience paradise for yourself.
Tobago flights + 7 nights hotel
from London, Sep 2023Start planning
Enjoy these great benefits:
Book flight + hotel or flight + car for the best deals
23kg baggage pp Deposits from £60pp Collect bonus Avios
New: Avios part payment on holidays
Customer Promise ATOL protection
24-hour support helpline during your trip
93% of our customers would book with us again
There’s a holiday in laidback Tobago for every budget, with all-inclusive resorts like the popular Coco Reef Resort & Spa with its own private white sand beach and luxury spa, the affordable Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort, or the Starfish Tobago Resort, surrounded by lush tropical gardens with stunning sea views from every room.
If you’re looking for pure island luxury, you can’t go wrong with the Bacolet Beach Club, an exclusive boutique hotel set on an idyllic crescent-bay, just a short drive from the best attractions on the island including Pigeon Point, Buccoo Reef and the Argyle Waterfall. Book a beachfront room or bungalow at Blue Waters Inn, nestled in 46 acres of lush grounds opposite a nature sanctuary, Bird of Paradise island, making it an ideal retreat for both friends and family. Or check in at the charming Shepherd’s Inn Tobago, situated close to the best beaches.
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Bacolet Beach Club
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort - Adults Only
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
A holiday in Tobago is one that’s guaranteed to be completely relaxing. This tiny Caribbean island is incredibly laidback with plenty of things to do and see, or you can just simply sunbathe on a pristine beach and gaze out at the aquamarine waters. A tranquil escape, a honeymooner’s paradise, a tropical island adventure, a fun-filled family holiday; this idyllic Caribbean island has something for everyone.
1. There’s no better place to start your Caribbean holiday in Tobago than a tour of its best beaches. Quieter than its sister island Trinidad, even Tobago's most well-known beaches aren’t very crowded. Head to the island’s most popular beach, Pigeon Point, and sample the restaurants and lively bars to complete a chilled out day. Or go snorkelling in the picture-perfect Pirate’s Bay, a hidden gem of a beach that can only be accessed down concrete steps around a cliff or by boat. Just outside the capital city of Scarborough is Store Bay, a pristine white-sand beach popular with locals. Go swimming in the crystal clear waters, take a glass-bottomed boat tour to Buccoo Reef or visit the brightly coloured shops and food stalls.
2. Both children and adults will marvel at Argyle Falls, Tobago’s highest waterfall that measures 54 m and cascades from three levels. Go for a 20-minute hike up to the second or third level and you’ll be rewarded with exhilarating pools of water to soak and swim in – a truly unforgettable and unique experience.
3. For a wonderful day trip, head to Castara Bay, a picturesque fishing village at the edge of a rainforest. You can watch the local fishermen haul their daily catch in fishing nets on the beach, admire the passing pelicans and enjoy the freshest fish for lunch at one of the local restaurants. Next, head to the Main Ridge Forest for some excellent bird-watching – try to spot the rare White-Tailed Sabrewing Hummingbird.
4. The Botanical Gardens are a must-see attraction in the capital city of Scarborough, with an impressive variety of exotic trees, African tulips and orchids. A soothing oasis away from the heat, it’s the perfect respite if you’re looking for a peaceful break in between sightseeing.
5. If you’re looking for adventure, Tobago has an impressive number of dive sites for such a small island, suitable for both beginners and experienced divers. Speyside is the site of one of the Caribbean’s most spectacular dive sites, with its abundance of marine life, magnificent reefs and coral, and crystal clear waters. One of the most popular dive sites is on the edge of Goat Island, filled with brilliantly coloured coral that resembles its namesake – Japanese Gardens. If you’re searching to spot some seahorses, Mount Irvine is home to several dive sites, you may also spot hawksbill turtles and moray eels while you're there.
A true tropical gem in the Caribbean, Tobago is a haven for beautiful white-sand beaches, lush rainforests and a completely relaxed atmosphere. It’s easy to fill up your days just marvelling at nature’s wonders, with captivating views to take in from every vantage point.
The sheer biodiversity of the island is breathtaking. You can relax on the beach one minute and wander the Caribbean's oldest, protected rainforest the next. With more than 220 species of birds, Tobago is truly one of the world’s top bird-watching destinations so keep your eyes peeled for the beautifully coloured variety.
Stonehaven Bay is a great place for snorkelling and one of the few beaches in Tobago where you can spot leatherback turtles nesting at certain times of year. Or take a glass-bottomed boat to Buccoo Bay and admire the colourful fish and coral as you slowly glide across the turquoise waters.
LIttle Tobago is a highlight and is only a short boat ride from the village of Speyside. Also known as the Bird of Paradise Island, this tiny island was home to a 19th Century cotton plantation and is now a seabird sanctuary offering picturesque walking trails and beautiful scenic views. The remarkably clear water, colourful coral reef and thriving sea life make it very appealing for snorkelling.
At all-inclusive resort hotels in Tobago, you can sit back and relax with the knowledge that all expenses are covered. There’s truly something for every budget, from more cost-effective three-star resorts to luxurious five-star ones, you can take your pick from family-friendly resorts to romantic escapes for two. Enjoy the luxury of having your own private white-sand beach when you stay at the stylish Coco Reef Resort & Spa, only a stone’s throw from the lively Pigeon Point Beach. For an all-inclusive resort experience, look no further than the Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort, nestled between Mount Irvine Beach and Stonehaven Bay Beach.
If you’re looking for a boutique hotel experience for your romantic escape, the Bacolet Beach Club is a truly unique experience with colourful decor, luxurious touches and a marvellous restaurant that serves a unique fusion of Creole-Cuban-Asian food. Only a short drive to the island’s most popular attractions, it offers an indulgent experience and the canopied beds in the deluxe rooms are a romantic touch for honeymooners.
Golfing fans will love staying at the Mount Irvine Resort, next to an 18-hole PGA Championship golf course and nestled on 18 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. Located on a former sugar and coconut plantation, overlooking the tranquil Caribbean Sea, it’s the perfect spot to kick back and enjoy Tobago. The resort’s Garden Cottages are ideal if you’re looking for just a bit more room for your family or a group of friends. Or immerse yourself in nature at the Blue Waters Inn, close to Speyside and Little Tobago. You’ll be close to the Main Ridge Forest Reserve so you're bound to wake up to a sunshine-filled morning surrounded by birdsong.