London City Airport
Take advantage of this well-connected airport located in the city, while enjoying the ease of a smaller airport, with just one terminal and a great selection of shops and eateries.
Which London airport and terminal?
British Airways flights also operate to and from London Heathrow Terminal 5 and Terminal 3, as well as London Gatwick airport.
Everything you need to know about flight connections with British Airways, including travelling between London airports.
Check when your flight arrives or departs, and if it is on time or delayed.
There is only one terminal at London City airport so travelling through the airport can often be quicker than at other London airports.
Check in opens 2 hours before your flight. Please do not arrive earlier than 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
You must meet the following times to be able to travel:
- If you've checked in online, you must deposit your bag(s) at our Bag Drop facility at least 30 minutes before your flight departs.
- Check-in closes 20 minutes before your flight departs.
- Pass through security at least 20 minutes before your flight departs.
- Be at the boarding gate at least 15 minutes before your flight departs.
- Airport information screens will display your gate number approximately 30 minutes before your scheduled flight departure time.
Airport facilities can be found after Security.
The quickest way to check in is online, 24 hours before your flight departs.
- Check in online at Manage My Booking and print your boarding pass.
- Use the British Airways app to check in and download your boarding pass to your mobile device.
When you need to check in at the airport on the day of departure:
- Please use one of the many kiosks in the corridor to print your boarding card. This will avoid longer queuing time at the airport.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than two hours before your time of departure, as we will not be able to accept your baggage.
- Families with buggies will be directed to an appropriate check-in facility by one of our hosts, who are located at the entrance to the terminal.
- If you are travelling in a group of more than nine people, please use one of the many kiosks in the corridor to print your boarding card.
The airport opens at 05:00. We can only accept your bags up to 2 hours before your flight departs.
If you have baggage to check in, please ensure you have a printed boarding card or your boarding pass downloaded to the British Airways app and our hosts will direct you to an appropriate bag drop area.
Overnight Bag Drop is available if you are travelling on a flight departing before 10:00. You can check in your bags between 16:00–20:30 the day before.
If you are travelling with hand baggage only and you have already checked in, please go straight through security and to the gate. If your hand baggage exceeds your allowance, you may need to check it in, and charges may apply.
With the installation of advanced imaging scanners at London City Airport, you’re able to leave liquids and electronics in your hand baggage when going through security. This includes liquids and gels in containers of up to two litres, as well as laptops and tablets.
Please check and follow the applicable liquid and electronics scanning requirements and restrictions when arriving and departing from other airports on your journey.
After you clear Security, please check the information screens at regular intervals and find out how long it will take you to get to the gate.
If you use the British Airways app, you will receive gate notifications directly on your mobile.
You need to be at the gate no later than 15 minutes before the flight departs. If we have your contact details, we will try to contact you when it is about to close, but we can't delay the aircraft's departure to wait for late passengers.
You will notice a group number on your boarding pass, which shows your boarding priority. Please be ready to board the aircraft when your group is called.
If you want to take advantage of pre-boarding or priority boarding, please arrive at the gate early.
Pre-boarding is available when you are:
- Travelling with small children
- Requiring disability or mobility assistance
Priority boarding is available when you are:
- Travelling in First, Club World, Club Europe or World Traveller Plus
- Executive Club Gold, Silver and Bronze Members
- oneworld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby Members
Once you have disembarked from the aircraft and are in the terminal building you may pass through Passport Control.
After Passport Control, follow the signs for 'Arrivals/Baggage Reclaim' and look for your flight on the information screens to see which carousel your bags will arrive on.
Once you have your baggage, you may need to pass through Customs.
Disability and mobility assistance
If you need additional help for your journey, such as getting through the airport, boarding the aircraft or reaching your onward travel connections, please let us know at least 48 hours before you travel on Manage My Booking and we can arrange this for you with London City airport.
Please note, all boarding and disembarking of aircraft will require the use of stairs.
Getting to and from the airport
The London City Airport DLR station makes transport to and from the airport fast and convenient. Trains depart every 8-15 minutes, and it takes less than 7 minutes to reach Canning Town or Woolwich Arsenal, and 17 minutes to Stratford International.
London City Airport is located in Zone 3.
London City Airport offers 30 minutes of free parking to Blue Badge holders. Please follow signs to the Pick Up Area.
If you are being dropped off by car, head to the Drop Off Area in front of the Terminal building.
London City Airport is within the Ultra Low Emissions Zone so you may need to pay the ULEZ charge.
Make your journey easier with our parking partners. Leave your car at a nearby car park with quick transfers, drop it off right outside the terminal with valet parking, or combine an overnight stay with parking and transfers at an airport hotel.
Plus, earn 5 Avios per £1 spent when you pre-book car parking.
View a map of London City airport to help plan for your journey ahead.
If you need to stay overnight, we offer a wide range of conveniently-located hotels.
Fly from London City airport
Discover where you could fly to within Europe and the UK from this well-connected location.