Using your voucher
This page is for vouchers issued as part of our Book With Confidence policy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Want to use your eVoucher?
Our eVouchers offer a quick and simple way of paying for flights online.
You can use either the full value of an eVoucher or some of it to pay for a less expensive booking. If you don’t use all of it, we’ll simply send another eVoucher covering the difference. Vouchers are valid for travel until 30 September 2025.
How to use an eVoucher
- Find the flights you'd like to book
- Review your booking and enter your eVoucher details
- See your updated total and continue to payment
If you received an eVoucher for a flight cancelled between 9 March and 19 November 2020, updated options are available.
Want to check your eVoucher details?
If you're unsure whether you’ve got an eVoucher to use, or need a reminder of the value of your voucher, you can use our handy eVoucher reminder tool to find out quickly and easily without having to call us.
The voucher expires on 30 September 2025.
You can use an eVoucher to pay or part-pay for a new booking. Any trip booked using your eVoucher must conclude – departure and return – by 30 September 2025.
Your eVoucher value includes the cost of any extras such as seating, baggage and meal purchases.
You can use an eVoucher to pay for flights. You can’t currently use it to pay for a BA Holidays booking online or extras, such as seating or baggage.
If you wish to redeem your eVoucher for a BA Holiday booking, please contact us.
Yes, you can use an eVoucher on any British Airways marketed route with a BA flight number, apart from bookings on Sun-Air.
You’ll need the eVoucher number as well as the registered surname and email address. You can find these details in your eVoucher email.
No, eVoucher holders don’t need to travel on a booking made using their eVoucher. Although for security reasons, bookings made within four days of departure must include all eVoucher holders.
Yes, you can apply up to four eVouchers per booking.
However, eVouchers issued directly from our Customer Relations team can’t be combined with any other eVoucher.
You can’t currently combine eVouchers issued in different currencies.
We'll issue a new eVoucher covering the difference. You'll see this new eVoucher value before you pay for a booking, where you'll also be able to choose who receives it.
The new eVoucher recipient can be any passenger on the new booking and will be issued to their chosen email address.
The new eVoucher will be valid for travel (to be completed) by 30 September 2025.
You'll need to pay any difference if the new fare is more expensive.
Flights booked using eVouchers will be subject to the new booking’s regular Terms and Conditions, and the new booking will also be subject to the relevant policy Terms and Conditions.
You can book journeys using your eVoucher to and from most countries we’re currently serving on ba.com. Although there are a few exceptions where you’ll need to get in touch with us to book.
Please call us to use your eVoucher if your journey begins in any of these countries:
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Republic of Korea
eVoucher Terms and Conditions
- Your eVoucher is personal to you and not for resale. Sale, auction or retendering of an eVoucher for money or otherwise are strictly prohibited. You may make a booking on behalf of someone else using your eVoucher. However, any third party using your eVoucher must book at least four days before departure.
- You can use eVouchers to purchase British Airways flight tickets on ba.com. You cannot use eVouchers to purchase tickets using Avios, On Business points or group bookings.
- You cannot use an eVoucher towards British Airways Holiday bookings online or other products, such as seats.
- You can use up to four eVouchers of the same currency per flight booking.
- You cannot combine an eVoucher you applied for with any eVoucher issued by our Customer Relations team. If you only use part of an eVoucher, we’ll issue the remaining credit as a new eVoucher to the recipient as selected on the payment page.
- We'll issue this eVoucher in the same currency as your new booking. By agreeing to these eVoucher Terms and Conditions, you agree that we’re authorised to issue any remaining eVoucher credit to the recipient as selected on the payment page
- An eVoucher is valid until the expiry date shown and cannot be renewed or exchanged for cash. All flights booked using eVouchers issued following an application must conclude by 30 September 2025.
- If you cancel a booking made using an eVoucher you applied for, any refund will be issued in accordance with our Conditions of Carriage and the relevant fare rules. Where you cancel the booking and a refund is due, the amount paid for using the eVoucher will be issued under a new eVoucher. If we cancel your flight, you will be entitled to a full refund of your booking.
- If you cancel a booking made using an eVoucher issued by our Customer Relations team or we cancel your flight and you’re eligible for a refund in accordance with our Conditions of Carriage and the relevant fare rules, the amount paid for using the eVoucher will be issued as a new eVoucher.
Want to use your holiday voucher? Please contact us to make a new booking and redeem your holiday voucher.
We are refunding all Future Travel Vouchers issued against bookings made directing with us.
If you hold an unused Future Travel Voucher, you do not need to contact us. We will automatically refund your original form of payment and credit back any Avios onto your account. You’ll receive a confirmation email when we process your refund, and the payment will show on your statement approximately 30 days after the refund is issued.
If your Future Travel Voucher was converted to an eVoucher (starting with 125-42xxxxxxx), you can redeem your voucher online.
Ready to book?
Your next adventure awaits
Book a trip to look forward to with great deals on flights.
What if you could go anywhere in the world?
Get holiday inspired with our destination guides.