Add some peace of mind to your flight by purchasing your preferred seat in advance when booking your flight or afterwards
by using Manage Booking. You can also purchase
your seat by contacting our customer service or your travel agent.
Charges depend on travel class, seat type, ticket type, length of your flight and your frequent flyer status.
Seat types and prices
- Economy Comfort seats are located on the first five rows in the Economy Class cabin and they are available on all
our intercontinental flights and on some European flights.
- Enjoy 8–13 cm (3–5 inches) of extra legroom, noise-cancelling headphones at your disposal during your intercontinental flight plus boarding and exit among the first customers.
- On intercontinental flights we provide you with a new amenity kit including a sleeping mask, earplugs, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste encased in a small cotton bag with a classic Marimekko pattern.
- €65–85 or 15,000 Finnair Plus points
- Seats are located on exit rows or at the front of the aircraft.
- Offer up to 127 cm of legroom on short-haul and 140 cm on long-haul flights.
- €15–60 or 5,000–15,000 Finnair Plus points
- Seats are in the front row of each cabin section.
- Some of the front row seats in the rear cabin are also suitable for cot/bassinet.
- €12–40 or 4,000–14,000 Finnair Plus points
Window or aisle
- Standard seats when you want to make sure you get a window or aisle seat or sit together with your travel companions.
- €6–20 or 2,000–7,000 Finnair Plus points
You can select a seat free of charge in the following cases:
- You’re travelling with a Business Class ticket.
- You’re travelling with a PRO/fully flexible ticket.
- You’re travelling with a Finnair Plus award ticket (window/aisle seats).
- You’re a Finnair Plus Platinum member.
- You’re a Finnair Plus Gold member (excluding Economy Comfort seats)
- You’re a oneworld Emerald member (reservations through Finnair Customer service).
- You’re a oneworld Sapphire member (excluding Economy Comfort seats. Reservations through Finnair
- You’re travelling to or from Japan on a Finnair operated flight (excluding Economy Comfort and Extra legroom seats).
Passengers with need for assistance are seated free of charge. Please contact Finnair Customer service.
If you haven’t reserved a seat in advance, you can still purchase an Economy Comfort seat, a seat with extra legroom or a
front row seat at check-in. Other seats are free of charge at the check-in phase. Online check-in opens 36 hours
If you are travelling with children and you decide not to reserve seats in advance, the system will make sure each child
is seated at least with one adult from your group.
Make your travel experience with Finnair even more peaceful – select your seat today!
Select your seat now
Note: You can reserve a seat in advance for a flight operated and marketed by Finnair. If you are travelling on a flight
operated by Finnair but your ticket has been issued by another airline, please contact our
or choose your seat at check-in. If you are travelling on a flight operated by Finnair’s
partner airline, the rules of this airline apply (including baggage policies, purchasing travel extras
and special service requests).
Terms and conditions
A requested seat cannot be guaranteed, as it may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons.
Passengers sitting on exit row seats must be at least 12 years old, speak and understand English or Finnish and they must be able to open the exit door if needed and assist the crew. It is not possible to use an extra seat belt on exit row seats.
The fee is non-refundable if you cancel the flight, are involuntarily upgraded, or in case you are not suitable to sit in the seat type selected.
The fee may be refunded if you use your Finnair Plus points or an upgrade voucher to upgrade your travel class, or if you cannot be seated in the reserved seat or in a suitable alternative seat due to Finnair.
Changes of dates are possible according to the terms and conditions of your ticket. If you have reserved a paid seat and you change your flight times in accordance with your fare rules, you need to reserve your paid seat again for the new flight. You may then apply for a refund of the costs of the seat reservation on the original flight.