You can collect Avios when you fly with any oneworld member airline. Just use your Executive Club number when you make your reservation or when you check in for your flight. We'll credit the Avios to your account automatically within 30 days of your flight. You can check your Avios credits by logging in to your account at ba.com.
To claim missing Avios, please complete the Claim missing Avios form.
The number of Avios you can earn when flying on oneworld member airlines depends on your fare class and which airline you're travelling on.
Find out how many Avios and Tier Points you can earn with each airline.
When you have enough Avios you can start spending them on flights with British Airways and our partner airlines. With oneworld airlines, you can fly to almost 1,000 destinations using your Avios.
See how you can spend your Avios.
Relax in more premium lounges around the world
If you are an Executive Club Gold or Silver member (equivalent to the oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tiers), or you are travelling in a First or Business Class cabin on any oneworld member airline, you can access more than 600 airport lounges throughout the world. This means you can relax or catch up with work in comfort and style before departure.
- To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline.
- Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.
- A non-affiliated third party may operate some lounges on behalf of the individual airline. Access to some lounges operated by third-parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times.
- Arrivals lounges are excluded.
- Spa and Pre-Flight Dining facilities are excluded.
- British Airways Concorde lounges are excluded.
oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with Executive Club Gold and Silver status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use any lounge offered by any oneworld airline when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown.
- Executive Club Gold (oneworld Emerald) tier members can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
- Executive Club Silver (oneworld Sapphire) tier members are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. *Does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.
- Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
- You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
The following exceptions apply:
- American Airlines and Qantas offer programmes enabling customers to pay to gain access to their lounges. These programmes are not part of the oneworld agreement, and members of these programmes are not entitled to access lounges under the oneworld agreement.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, cannot access American Airlines lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit American Airlines.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members, regardless of their oneworld tier status, cannot access Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.
oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers
Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
- Customers flying First Class or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
- First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
- First Class and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). (*a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours).
- Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First Class or Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First Class or Business Class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
The following exception applies:
First Class and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean, other than the exception listed below:
- Customers travelling in First Class or Business Class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
We know your time is precious and you would prefer to be in one of the 600 oneworld lounges rather than waiting at airport security. At some airports worldwide, oneworld Emerald frequent flyers can access the ‘Fast Track’ or ‘Priority Lanes' at security no matter which cabin they are travelling in.
See where this privilege is available
Due to restrictions or local agreements with Security Fast Track facility operators, not all oneworld carriers are currently able to extend this benefit to all Emerald tier customers.