New York Newark
All British Airways flights arrive at, and depart from, New York Newark Terminal B.
Which London airport and terminal?
British Airways flights also operate to and from London Heathrow Terminal 3 and Terminal 5, as well as London City and London Gatwick airports.
Everything you need to know about flight connections with British Airways, including travelling between London airports.
Check when your flight arrives or departs, and if it is on time or delayed.
You must meet the following times to be able to travel:
- Check in closes 60 minutes before your flight departs.
- Pass through Security at least 35 minutes before your flight departs.
- Be at your boarding gate at least 30 minutes before your flight. Please check how long it will take you to get to the gate. If we have your contact details, we will try to contact you when it is about to close but we will not delay the aircraft's departure to wait for late customers.
The quickest way to check in is online, 24 hours before your flight departs.
- Check in at Manage My Booking and print your boarding pass.
- Use the British Airways app to check in and download your boarding pass to your mobile device.
When you need to check in at the airport on the day of departure:
- If you are travelling in a group of more than nine people, please use a check-in kiosk or go to a check-in desk.
- If your child is travelling alone, or with you but on a separate booking, please go to a check-in desk.
Check-in desks open 3 hours before departure and close 60 minutes before your flight departs.
British Airways check-in is located at Newark Terminal B on Level 1 and is open daily from 04:55-06:55 and 15:00–20:30.
If you have baggage to check in, drop it at a Bag Drop desk. Desks open 3 hours before the flight departure time.
If you are travelling with hand baggage only and have already checked in, you can go straight through security to the gate. If your hand baggage exceeds your allowance, you may need to check it in and charges may apply.
You must enter airport Security at least 35 minutes before your flight departs.
Fast Track Security is available:
- When travelling in First and Business (Club World)
- Executive Club Gold and Silver Members
- oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members (plus one guest)
There are two lounges available at Newark airport.
British Airways Galleries Lounge
Terminal B, near Gates B50-58
Opening daily 05.00-08:00 and 15:00-22:45
• First and Business (Club World) customers
• Executive Club Gold and Silver Members
• oneworld Business customers
• oneworld Emerald and Sapphire Members
American Airlines Admirals Club
Terminal A, near Gates 30-39
Open Sun-Fri 05:00-19:30; Sat 05:00-18:30
• First customers
• Executive Club Gold Members
• oneworld First customers
• oneworld Emerald Members
You need to be at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the flight departs. If we have your contact details, we will try to contact you when it is about to close but we can't delay the aircraft's departure to wait for late passengers.
You will notice a group number on your boarding pass which shows your boarding priority. Please be ready to board the aircraft when your group is called.
If you want to take advantage of pre-boarding or priority boarding, please arrive at the gate early.
Pre-boarding is available when:
- Travelling with small children
- Requiring disability or mobility assistance
Priority boarding is available:
- When travelling in First, Business class (Club World) or premium economy (World Traveller Plus)
- Executive Club Gold, Silver and Bronze Members
- oneworld Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby members
If you arrive after your priority group has been called, you can use the priority lane to board at your leisure.
Disability and mobility assistance
If you need additional help for your journey, such as getting through the airport, boarding the aircraft or reaching your onward travel connections, please let us know at least 48 hours before you travel on Manage My Booking and we can arrange this for you with New York Newark airport.
Once you have disembarked from the aircraft and are in the terminal building, you will need to pass through Passport Control.
After Passport Control, follow the yellow signs for 'Arrivals/Baggage Reclaim' and look for your flight on the information screens to see which carousel your bags will arrive on.
Once you have your baggage, you may need to pass through Customs.
Getting to and from the airport
The AirTrain is a simple way to get to, from and around Newark airport. It operates 24 hours a day and provides easy connections to NJ Transit and the rail lines that run in to New York City and beyond.
There is a taxi stand located outside Terminal B. For more information on ground transportation, visit the Port Authority Welcome Centre located in the arrivals area.
There are a number of bus services running into New York City and beyond, available through NJ Transit bus lines.
The Newark Airport Express Bus runs a fast service in between the airport and three locations in New York City. The bus stop can be found outside the Arrivals Level of Terminal B, lane 2. The bus arrives at each stop every 15 minutes during the day, 365 days a year.
View a map of New York Newark airport to help plan for your journey ahead.
Fly to New York
It's time to book your flight to the Big Apple and explore all that New York has to offer.
If you need to stay overnight, we offer a wide range of conveniently-located hotels.