Terms and conditions - Free Wi-Fi for First customers
Free WiFi may be provided to First boarding pass holders based on the Terms and Conditions stated below.
Free Wi-Fi will only be available to First customers travelling on a Connected Aircraft.
“Connected Aircraft” means aircraft, operating a First cabin and flying a long haul route, on which Wi-Fi has been installed and is available for use as indicated by the presence of the ‘BAWi-FI’ SSID on a Wi-Fi enabled device.
In these terms, the words “Connectivity” and “Connected” should be understood to mean instances where Wi-Fi is fully installed and available for use as indicated by the presence of the ‘BAWi-FI’ SSID on a Wi Fi enabled device.
The following customers are eligible for free Wi-Fi (“Eligible Customers”):
- Customers who have purchased a First ticket;
- Customers who are moved/upgraded to First on the ground before the flight is closed;
- Customers who pay for an upgrade to First or are upgraded on the ground involuntarily.
A customer is not an Eligible Customer if they are moved to the First cabin in the air.
- Connectivity is being progressively rolled out across our fleet and will not be available on all aircraft, regardless of whether an aircraft has a First cabin on board.
- If a customer is travelling on an aircraft with First but the cabin is being sold as a Club World seat, then this is not a Connected Aircraft and no customers will be eligible for free Wi-Fi.
- If a customer is travelling on an aircraft with First but the cabin is being sold as a Club Europe seat, then this is not a Connected Aircraft and no customers will be eligible for free Wi-Fi.
- Free Wi-Fi is available for Eligible Customers to use on one device only and cannot be switched between devices.
- Eligible Customers may choose to purchase additional Wi-Fi by following the steps listed in the ‘How to connect‘ section of ba.com.
- Eligible Customers will not be eligible for a refund or service recovery if the flight is not operated on a Connected Aircraft.
- Eligible Customers will not be eligible for a refund or service recovery if there are intermittent losses in Connectivity and free Wi-Fi during the flight.
- There can be intermittent losses in connectivity in situations such as, but not limited to, the following:
- There are passes from one satellite to another.
- The aircraft flight path is above 66 degrees north (close to poles) – no coverage.
- The aircraft flight path is over India or China – no coverage due to regulatory restrictions.
- An Eligible Customer can access free Wi-Fi by enabling Wi-Fi on a device and joining the ‘BAWi-Fi’ network, then follow the steps on screen, only available on a Connected Aircraft. How do I access Free Wi-Fi
- If an Eligible Customer on a Connected Aircraft follows the steps in point above and enters their details as per their boarding pass but authentication is still not approved, then British Airways cabin crew may advise customer to purchase a 1 x full flight ‘Browse and Stream’ package for use on one device only and contact ba.com for a full refund.