Using your voucher
This page is for vouchers issued as part of our Book With Confidence policy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Want to use your eVoucher?
Our eVouchers offer a quick and simple way of paying for flights online.
You can use either the full value of an eVoucher or some of it to pay for a less expensive booking. If you don’t use all of it, we’ll simply send another eVoucher covering the difference. Vouchers are valid for travel until 30 September 2024.
How to use an eVoucher
- Find the flights you'd like to book
- Review your booking and enter your eVoucher details
- See your updated total and continue to payment
If you received an eVoucher for a flight cancelled between 9 March and 19 November 2020, updated options are available.
Want to check your eVoucher details?
If you're unsure whether you’ve got an eVoucher to use, or need a reminder of the value of your voucher, you can use our handy eVoucher reminder tool to find out quickly and easily without having to call us.
The voucher expires on 30 September 2024.
You can use an eVoucher to pay or part-pay for a new booking. Any trip booked using your eVoucher must conclude – departure and return – by 30 September 2024.
Your eVoucher value includes the cost of any extras such as seating, baggage and meal purchases.
You can use an eVoucher to pay for flights. You can’t currently use it to pay for a BA Holidays booking online or extras, such as seating or baggage.
If you wish to redeem your eVoucher for a BA Holiday booking, please contact us.
Yes, you can use an eVoucher on any British Airways marketed route with a BA flight number, apart from bookings on Sun-Air.
You’ll need the eVoucher number as well as the registered surname and email address. You can find these details in your eVoucher email.
No, eVoucher holders don’t need to travel on a booking made using their eVoucher. Although for security reasons, bookings made within four days of departure must include all eVoucher holders.
Yes, you can apply up to four eVouchers per booking.
However, eVouchers issued directly from our Customer Relations team can’t be combined with any other eVoucher.
You can’t currently combine eVouchers issued in different currencies.
We'll issue a new eVoucher covering the difference. You'll see this new eVoucher value before you pay for a booking, where you'll also be able to choose who receives it.
The new eVoucher recipient can be any passenger on the new booking and will be issued to their chosen email address.
The new eVoucher will be valid for travel (to be completed) by 30 September 2024.
You'll need to pay any difference if the new fare is more expensive.
Flights booked using eVouchers will be subject to the new booking’s regular Terms and Conditions, and the new booking will also be subject to the relevant policy Terms and Conditions.
You can book journeys using your eVoucher to and from most countries we’re currently serving on ba.com. Although there are a few exceptions where you’ll need to get in touch with us to book.
Please call us to use your eVoucher if your journey begins in any of these countries:
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Republic of Korea
eVoucher Terms and Conditions
- Your eVoucher is personal to you and not for resale. Sale, auction or retendering of an eVoucher for money or otherwise are strictly prohibited. You may make a booking on behalf of someone else using your eVoucher. However, any third party using your eVoucher must book at least four days before departure.
- You can use eVouchers to purchase British Airways flight tickets on ba.com. You cannot use eVouchers to purchase tickets using Avios, On Business points or group bookings.
- You cannot use an eVoucher towards British Airways Holiday bookings online or other products, such as seats.
- You can use up to four eVouchers of the same currency per flight booking.
- You cannot combine an eVoucher you applied for with any eVoucher issued by our Customer Relations team. If you only use part of an eVoucher, we’ll issue the remaining credit as a new eVoucher to the recipient as selected on the payment page.
- We'll issue this eVoucher in the same currency as your new booking. By agreeing to these eVoucher Terms and Conditions, you agree that we’re authorised to issue any remaining eVoucher credit to the recipient as selected on the payment page
- An eVoucher is valid until the expiry date shown and cannot be renewed or exchanged for cash. All flights booked using eVouchers issued following an application must conclude by 30 September 2024.
- If you cancel a booking made using an eVoucher you applied for, any refund will be issued in accordance with our Conditions of Carriage and the relevant fare rules. Where you cancel the booking and a refund is due, the amount paid for using the eVoucher will be issued under a new eVoucher. If we cancel your flight, you will be entitled to a full refund of your booking.
- If you cancel a booking made using an eVoucher issued by our Customer Relations team or we cancel your flight and you’re eligible for a refund in accordance with our Conditions of Carriage and the relevant fare rules, the amount paid for using the eVoucher will be issued as a new eVoucher.
Want to use your Future Travel Voucher?
If you have a Future Travel Voucher and you’re ready to use it, please call our contact centre and quote your voucher code so we can assist with your booking.
If you choose not to use your voucher you may be able to get a refund. You don’t need to do anything - we’ll be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Future Travel Voucher FAQs
Yes, the voucher can be used on any routes sold by British Airways with the exception of bookings on Sun-Air.
Yes. This means you’re free to book flights operated by our partners, such as American Airlines, using your voucher.
Yes, the voucher can also be put towards a new British Airways Holidays purchase. A minimum of 7 days' notice is required if making a hotel-only reservation. Find out more.
ATOL protection applies to confirmed package holidays originating from the UK and selected EU countries, therefore once you have exchanged your voucher for a future Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car booking, that holiday will be protected under the ATOL scheme. A credit voucher from cancelled British Airways Holidays package bookings will therefore not be ATOL protected until redeemed for a new package holiday reservation. Find out more.
A voucher may only be redeemed towards a new British Airways Holidays booking made once you have received the voucher. Vouchers are not eligible to be used in payment or part-payment towards an existing holiday booking. Find out more.
The voucher expires on 30 September 2024.
Your voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a new future booking. Your new trip booked using your voucher must be fully completed by 30 September 2024 (departure and return).
If you have an existing voucher with an expiry date prior to 30 September 2024, please note that your voucher will automatically be extended to 30 September 2024.
The voucher allows you to make a future booking in the name of the person on the original ticket. If you had multiple bookings each person will receive their own voucher to use. The voucher is non-transferable.
For flight + hotel and flight + car packages, one voucher per booking will be issued. The vouchers are non-transferable but we recognise that some of the original customers may no longer be able to travel - so we ask that the new booking contains at least one of the travellers from the original booking.
We’ll issue another voucher covering the fare difference.
You’ll need to pay any difference if the new fare is more expensive.
Flights booked using vouchers will be subject to the new booking’s regular Terms and Conditions. Please refer to the itinerary receipt you received at the time of booking or go to Manage My Booking for more information about your standard changes and cancellation options.
Alternatively, you can check information about options available to you should your flight be delayed or cancelled.
No, if you have taken a voucher it cannot be converted to a cash refund in the event that your original flight does not operate.
Want to use your holiday voucher?
Find information on how to use your holiday voucher and frequently asked questions to help you with your booking.
Ready to book?
Your next adventure awaits
Book a trip to look forward to with great deals on flights.
What if you could go anywhere in the world?
Get holiday inspired with our destination guides.