Stronger together - British Airways and Iberia
Our merger with Iberia is now complete, creating Europe's third largest scheduled airline.
Both airlines will continue to offer a great service but now this will be available across an extended network of destinations worldwide. Here are 5 good reasons why the merger will make your travel experience with us even better.
Booking made easier
- You will be able to book through either airline’s website or call centres.
- There will be more choice of flights and itineraries across our extended network.
- You will be able to combine British Airways and Iberia flights to find the cheapest fares available between the two airlines.
A simplified journey
- You will be offered aligned baggage allowances to make it easier for you to transfer between flights.
- If you travel in First or Business Class you can take advantage of priority security and boarding at some airports.
- Customer service teams, from either airline, will be on hand to help you. So if you miss your connection due to a delay, you will be offered a seat on either airline, regardless of who you booked with.
- Together we will offer you an expanded worldwide network covering Europe, North America, the Far East and Australia, Africa and South America.
- There will be more than 120 dedicated British Airways or Iberia airport lounges worldwide for you to enjoy when you fly.
Frequent flyer programmes
- Whether you are a member of the British Airways Executive Club or Iberia Plus programme you will be recognised and rewarded no matter which airline you fly with.