Skip to Navigation
Your baggage information
Choose from a line-up of baggage options when travelling with British Airways, BA Cityflyer or BA Euroflyer, including hand baggage only fares.
Our standard checked baggage allowance is 23kg per bag. Discover how many checked bags you can take on your trip. You’re also allowed a hand bag and cabin bag each, in these permitted sizes and weights.
- Up to 40 x 30 x 15cm (16 x 12 x 6in)
- Up to 23kg (51lb)
- Guaranteed in the cabin
- You can bring a small bag for essentials like medication, mobile phones, other electronic devices and passports. This is guaranteed to travel with you in the cabin as part of your British Airways, BA Cityflyer or BA Euroflyer baggage allowance.
- You can travel with this bag in the cabin, please place it under the seat in front of you.
- Up to 56 x 45 x 25cm (22 x 18 x 10in) including wheels and handles
- You can travel with a small suitcase, duffel bag or holdall which can weigh up to 23kg (51lb) You must be able to lift your bag into the overhead locker
- It may need to go in the hold
- A larger bag is allowed in the cabin, subject to available space. Keep medication, travel documents and valuables in your small hand bag as well as electronic devices containing lithium batteries, spare batteries and power packs, as these are not allowed in the hold.
- Duty-free purchases count towards your hand baggage allowance, so please store them inside your bag before boarding your flight.
Standard checked baggage
- Up to 90 x 75 x 43cm (35 x 30 x 17in)
- Up to 23kg (51lb) in Economy and Premium Economy
- Up to 32kg (70lb) in First and Business
- Checked in to the hold
- You must check in your baggage before you fly. Label all your checked bags inside and out with your name, mobile number and/or email address.
Want to take more bags?
If you need more than what’s included in the standard British Airways, BA Cityflyer or BA Euroflyer baggage allowance, you can pay to add extra baggage in Manage My Booking.
Extras for your British Airways baggage allowance
You can travel with all the things that are important to you, including musical instruments and sports equipment. You can also find out about excess baggage and unclaimed or lost baggage below.
Travelling on partner airlines
If your flight number begins with anything other than ‘BA’ (e.g. AA123456X), you’re flying with one of our partners and your baggage allowances may be different.
If a journey with connecting flights includes ‘BA’ and other airline codes, your baggage allowance is generally determined by the airline that operates the longest flight in your itinerary.
SUN-AIR: You can take 1 checked bag up to 90 x 75 x 43cm (35.5 x 29.5 x 16in) and 23kg (51lb).