Cancun holidays from
Vacaciones en Cancún
Sun, sea, sand and stylish digs
Discover Cancun’s colourful culture
Cancun sits along the stunning limestone coast of the Yucatan Peninsula – popular for its tantalising tropical beaches fringed with turquoise lagoons, lush rainforests and mystical cenotes. Step back in time as you traipse alongside acclaimed archaeological sites, whose dramatic relics reflect the nation’s rich heritage – or simply plonk down at a contemporary oceanfront resort to experience the ultimate indulgence.
You can set up fort in Cancun’s buzzy Hotel Zone, a 14-mile strip that exudes Vegas vibes. It overflows with restaurants and bars – including Coco Bongo, where you can mingle into an A-lister’s entourage.
To swerve the phalanx of university students sunning (and imbibing) during spring break, take to Riviera Maya, where the beaches are equally fine and less crowded. Or further retreat to the sapphire waters of Cenote Azul for a serene swim. Visit the bohemian town of Tulum and its ancient ruins perched on a cliff facing the sea. Fancy more culture? Marvel at the Mayans’ most renowned build: the pyramidal temple of Kukulcan at Chichén Itzá. Book your Cancun flights to begin your journey of a lifetime.
Carefully selected Cancun holidays
Best hotels in Cancun for all types of traveller
It’s no secret that Cancun is home to an exclusive selection of luxury five-star resorts. Indulge at all-inclusive, family-friendly hotels: Moon Palace and Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, which has an exhilarating water park. For a romantic retreat, Barcelo Maya Grand Resort offers a chocolate body wrap at the U-spa, while Dreams Sapphire Resort & Spa boasts exclusive beachfront swim-out suites. Find adventure at Occidental Xcaret Destination inc. Xcaret Park, with unlimited access to Xcaret Park. For total relaxation visit Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa, an AAA Four Diamond Award-winning resort.
Hoteles de tres estrellas
Hoteles de cuatro estrellas
Hoteles de cinco estrellas
HOTELES CON TODO INCLUIDO
Cancun hotels we recommend
Cancun holiday FAQs
Make the most of your Cancun holiday
Playas vírgenes de arena blanca, una animada vida nocturna, emocionantes aventuras ecológicas y monumentos antiguos impresionantes es lo que encontrarán los viajeros durante sus vacaciones en Cancún.
What are the best things to do in Cancun?
1. Party the night away at Coco Bongo, Hotel Zone’s iconic A-list club. Think unlimited drinks, on-stage dancers, flying acrobats and celebrity DJs. Its unique show production of foam and high-tech videos make Coco Bongo extraordinarily memorable.
2. Uncover the mystery of Chichén Itzá, one of the new wonders of the world. This treasured UNESCO World Heritage Site draws in crowds during the Spring Equinox. Legend has it, that the light-and-shadow effect on the temple during this month, reveals a serpent god crawling out from the side of the pyramid.
3. Explore Xcaret, a remarkable water park and eco-archaeological site, set in the Mayan jungle. Take a boat ride on the underground river or indulge in a massage by the lagoon. But do not miss the Xcaret Mexico Espectacular, an impressive show with over 300 performers who re-enact key moments of Mexico’s turbulent history.
4. Take a trip on Xoximilco, a lively Mexican boat fiesta. Grab your friends for an unforgettable evening to experience the true essence of Mexico – including authentic tacos and salsa, live Mexican music, carnival games and an open bar with local beer, rum and tequila.
5. Discover The Underwater Museum of Art. Put on your snorkelling gear and dive down into the depths of the ocean to uncover impressive underwater sculptures. If diving isn’t your thing, you can explore the galleries from a glass-bottom boat. Either way, the collection displays an astounding array of lifelike sculptures.
Where are the best places to visit in Cancun?
Explore vibrant Fifth Avenue, which is packed with American boutiques, as well as quaint local arts and crafts shops. Ever dreamed of dining in a jungle? Aldea Corazon, is a hidden gem – with a cenote and small waterfall – claiming some of Mexico’s best tacos to boot.
It’s no secret that Cancun beaches are popular among tourists. Relax at Playa Mujeres, regarded by locals as one of the best places to visit in Cancun. The beach is famous for its aqua blue waters and endless golden sands, framed by waving palm trees. Why not soak up the Caribbean vibes by catamaran? Complete with a delicious picnic and copious amounts of cocktails to keep you cool.
Looking for a little more adventure? For a breathtaking experience, snorkel with adorable turtles in Akumal or kayak in the crystal clear waters of Dos Ojos Cenote (a naturally occurring sinkhole). It’s the world's largest underwater cave system and most visited double cave cenote in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Where is the best location to stay in Cancun?
For electric nightlife, head to Hotel Zone, the ultimate clubbing spot – with amazing Cancun holiday package deals. Close by, Playa Mujeres has a beautiful pearl white beach and first-class golf course, designed by Greg Norman. While a short boat trip takes you to the unparalleled paradise of Playa Norte, at Isla Mujeres. Nature lovers will adore Mayakoba “little village,” dedicated to preserving the country’s marine turtle population. Meanwhile, Playa Del Carmen and Akumal have a coral reef teeming with marvellous marine life. Continuing south, Riviera Maya is home to Calakmul, one of the Yucatán Peninsula’s largest archaeological sites, enveloped in the depths of the jungle. Whilst one of the best places to stay for families is Puerto Aventuras, home to Xcaret eco-adventure park, inhabited by flaming pink flamingos. End your holiday by experiencing the beauty of Tulum, renowned for its enchanting Mayan ruins.
What is Cancun famous for?
Cancun is a luxury location that appeals to couples, families and thrill seekers. With its captivating coastal reefs, blissful beaches and ancient Mayan history, you’ll always be left wanting more. The Yucatán Peninsula is famous for its sea turtles, but these rare creatures are under threat. If you’re staying in the Hotel Zone you can be part of the Turtle release programme, which helps to maintain this species, by setting the baby sea turtles free into the ocean.