Nestled between mountains and sea, the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a five-star eco-paradise showcasing the incredible flora and marine life of the southern tip of Africa.
Home of the Marine Big Five - whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins - with unparalleled floral diversity, Grootbos offers you a one-of-a-kind luxury African experience. Only two hours from Cape Town on the way to the world-renowned Garden Route, Grootbos is perfectly situated between the classic attractions of the Cape and is most certainly a highlight on any itinerary.
The name Grootbos, an Afrikaans word meaning Big Forest, is derived from the presence of our ancient Milkwood Forests. It is amongst these ancient forests that Grootbos has artfully laid out its exquisite two five-star lodges and exclusive villa, with breath-taking views across the fynbos plains towards the sparkling whale sanctuary of Walker Bay in the distance.
Whether your interests are birding, wild flowers, whale watching, diving with great white sharks or relaxing on unspoilt beaches, Grootbos has it all. The gourmet cuisine on offer at this luxury destination is crafted from the finest and freshest local ingredients, including seafood specialties and excellent South African wines.
Grootbos is about more than just luxury accommodation and eco adventures. Your visit directly contributes to the conservation efforts of the Grootbos Foundation as well as the development of sustainable nature-based livelihoods amongst local communities.
on the R43 between Stanford and Gansbaai
Hermanus & Kleinmond
Normal Check-in: 14:00
Normal Check-out: 11:00
11.6 mi / 18.7 km from city centre
Room types and facilities
Sleeps 4, Bed Type: King(s) and sofa bed Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
Sleeps 3, Bed Type: King(s) and rollaway Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
- Massage services
- Game room
- Internet services
- Outdoor pool
- Baby sitting
- Safe deposit box
- Bicycle rentals
- Business center
- Concierge desk
- Beauty shop/salon
- Laundry/Valet service
- Onsite laundry
Garden Lodge: The Garden Restaurant
Forest Lodge: Red Indigo Restaurant
Breakfast: Continental Buffet and hot English Breakfast Menu from 08:00 - 10:30
Lunch: 3-course Lunch from 13:00 - 15:00
Dinner: 5-course Dinner from 19:00 with last seating at 20:30.
RATES ARE BASED ON FULL BOARD
• Accommodation in freestanding luxury suites
• Welcome drink served upon arrival
• Fresh fruit daily in suite
• Light lunch
• 5-course dinner
• Breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu
• Horse riding for non and experienced riders through the reserve (please note that the weight limit is 90kg/198lbs per person/ children under the age of 12 are only allowed on guided pony rides)
• Guided Walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks
• Nature, marine & coastal drives and walks including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk, Klipgat Cave combined with seasonal land-based whale watching (whale watching especially during July to mid December - please note that we cannot guarantee the sightings of whales)
• Bird-watching - experience a great variety of bird species on the reserve, various maps of the reserve and the area for self-guided walks
• Transfers to/from all activities.
# night(s) ---