This large, spacious resort has a fantastic long, sandy beach, which offers up fun activities. The hotel has great kids facilities, including clubs, activities and excursions, free WiFi and a selection of restaurants and bars.
The rooms of La Pirogue are located in traditional Mauritian-style thatched cottages that nestle among 14 hectares of palm groves and gardens. A relaxed atmosphere, scented by the soft aromas of Frangipani, can be felt throughout the grounds. Enjoy majestic coconut grove views from your ground level private terrace.
It enjoys a good location on the west coast of Mauritius, adjacent to La Pirogue's sister property Sugar Beach and 20km from the Island's capital, Port Louis. The airport is about a 60 minute drive away.
All of the accommodation is sited within the cottages, with each cottage holding one superior guest room or two standard rooms. All rooms are at ground level and open out onto the palm grove and Indian Ocean with a furnished terrace. The cottages have a rustic charm, with interiors decorated in soothing shades.
The hotel offers a good choice of restaurants. The main restaurant provides a varied buffet every night. In addition, a beachside restaurant, Paul and Virginie, serves fresh seafood such as scallops, oysters, giant prawns and lobster. It is a romantic setting, with thatched dining pavilions overhanging the infinity pool and fabulous views of golden sunsets. Why not upgrade to the All Inclusive package for the best value for money.
The resort has a great selection of complimentary water and land sports including kayaking, pedal boats, glass bottom boat excursions, snorkelling, sailing, tennis and yoga. There is also a fun crazy golf course and an impressive dive centre. For further entertainment, the hotel has its own resident band and an in-house entertainment team, which puts on different shows every night. Guests are also able to share the facilities of the nearby Sugar Beach hotel. Golf enthusiasts can also make use of free green fees (terms apply) at Ile aux Cerfs.
Children are also well catered for with a kids' and teens' club. There are activities to suit all different age groups, including educational excursions, special menus, barbecues, pony riding, windsurfing and more.
Flic en Flac
Normal Check-in: 14:00
Normal Check-out: 12:00
12.6 mi / 20.3 km from city centre
Room types and facilities
Total Number of Rooms - 248
Sleeps 3, Bed Type: King(s) or single(s) and rollaway Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Trouser/Pant press, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
PREMIUM GARDEN BUNGALOW
Sleeps 4, Bed Type: King(s) or single(s) and rollaway Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Private bathroom, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
Sleeps 4, Bed Type: King(s) or single(s) and rollaway Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Trouser/Pant press, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
GARDEN FAMILY BUNGALOW
Sleeps 4, Bed Type: King(s) or single(s) and rollaway Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Bathtub/shower combination, Private bathroom, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
DELUXE BEACH FAMILY PAVILION
Sleeps 6, Bed Type: King(s) or single(s) and rollaway Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Private bathroom, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
- 1 Pool
- Massage services
- Live entertainment
- Pool Bar
- Game room
- Coffee shop
- Exercise gym
- Tennis court
- Hair dryer
- Kids Club
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Complimentary in-room coffee or tea
- Beauty shop/salon
- Laundry/Valet service
- Room service
- 2 Lounges/bars
- 3 Restaurant
Complimentary non motorised water sports. Water skiing, scuba diving, parasailing and deep sea fishing, all at a charge, use of facilities at Sugar Beach Resort.
There are 7 tennis courts shared between Sugar Beach Resort and sister property La Pirogue. One of the courts can also be used for basket-ball and hand-ball.
• Wolmar Restaurant - open for breakfast and dinner and features a variety of sumptuous themed buffets including weekly Mauritian Barbeque, served al fresco, in the adjacent tropical gardens. Early bird continental breakfast served daily for the those off for a fishing trip or for an early golf tee time
• Van Der Stel Wine Bar - offering a choice of 60 wines by the glass, served from state of the art dispensers and a membership card control system. The sommeliers will help you make the perfect wine pairing with the meal of the day. Also open for light meals, or a glass of wine to end the evening with friends
• The Medine Bar - enjoy one of the signature cocktails or a drink at any time of the day from a comprehensive list of international
beverages including one of the best local rum selections. Nightly live music and entertainment on selected evenings
• Le Morne Beach Bar - offers casual all day drinking, light meals and the ideal place to enjoy a sundowner. In the evenings linger to enjoy a nightcap around the bonfire to the sounds of a DJ or live musical ensemble
• Magenta Grill - beachside restaurant under thatched pavillions. Featuring an a la carte menu with an emphasis on inventive Seafood and grilled dishes. A seafood beach barbeque is provided every
• Coconut Cafe - Mauritian street food and local cuisine in a very casual poolside setting
• Citronella's Cafe - oceanside Italian market-place styled restaurant offering light meals, featuring wood fired baked pizza and salads at lunch time and authentic regional Italian cuisine at dinner
• Tides - seafood cuisine. Located at the beach front, this restaurant offers a World Seafood Cuisine for lunch and dinner. Here, guests compose their own seafood platter from fresh shellfish, mussels, oysters and a variety of handmade Sushi and Sashimi.
Transfer time is approximately 1 hour. We strongly recommend that transfers are booked for this destination. Transfers must be booked as additional items, for which separate vouchers will be required.
# night(s) ---