Set in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mystras, the five-star Euphoria Retreat offers a blend of treatments, therapies and experiences to guide you towards physical and emotional transformation.
Located at the foot of Mount Taygetus, this retreat is surrounded by lush green forest, with the hilltop Castle of Mystras dominating the landscape. One of the most important archaeological sites in Greece, Mystras is dotted with Byzantine churches, ruins and old footpaths – making this town the ideal place for hiking. The city of Athens is two and a half hours’ drive away, and Kalamata Airport can be reached in just over an hour.
Décor at Euphoria is stylish but homely – with minimalist, trendy interiors, elevated by design features drawn from Byzantine architecture. Rooms and suites are decorated in comforting colours and are furnished with solid wood furniture and marble or wooden floors. Sleep on mattresses that are handmade specifically for Euphoria, supporting the contours of the body, with fibres infused with olive oil, helping to make your skin feel smooth. Accommodation is equipped with bathrobes and slippers, toiletries made with ancient Greek recipes for herbal therapy, a yoga mat and tea making facilities. Upgrade to a suite to enjoy a separate seating area and more space or indulge in a Byzantium Grand Suite for two bedrooms, views of the castle and valley of Mystras, as well as a dedicated concierge service.
Inspired by Hellenic and Chinese healing philosophies and practices, wellness plans at the retreat are designed to encourage you to focus on the relationship between the mind and body. Your personal consultant is on hand to help with health and nutrition, and to support you with activities including yoga, Pilates and detox therapies. Euphoria’s spa is central to the wellness programme and is dominated inside by a sphere-shaped pool with hydrotherapy jets. Other spa facilities include a hammam, steam room, cold plunge pool, salt room, ice fountain and fitness room. To further clear the mind and work the body, the retreat offers biking, trekking and outdoor classes in the picturesque surrounding areas.
Cuisine at Euphoria focusses on local produce, most of which is organic and catered to different dietary requirements, including gluten-free and vegan diets. Most vegetables and herbs are provided from the on-site garden, and the remaining ingredients are sourced from producers known on a first-name basis. The retreat’s restaurant, GAIA, serves varied dishes created to nourish the body, which can be based around your own personal diet plan.
Normal Check-in: 15:00
Normal Check-out: 12:00
0.3 mi / 0.5 km from city centre
- Health club
- Laundry/Valet service
- Concierge desk
- Exercise gym
- Internet services
- Bicycle rentals
- 1 Restaurant
- 2 Pool
- Aerobics instruction
- Outdoor pool
- 1 Lounges/bars
- Pool Bar
- Room service
- Massage services
- Indoor pool
- Safe deposit box
- Steam bath
• GAIA – taking its name from the Greek word for earth, GAIA is influenced by the nurturing soil of the Peloponnese and offers freshly prepared a la carte dishes, set menu options and meals which form part of a personalised dietary wellness plan. Expect fresh herbs, antioxidant packed spices and essential nutrients to aid digestion and support metabolism.
Tables are arranged to encourage a community feel and guests are welcome to share their day’s experience – though there is the option for privacy if desired. Dine with panoramic views of the valley and citrus groves or dine underneath the mulberry trees of the terrace, or under the grapevines of the inner courtyard.
• Guests are encouraged to have an alcohol-free stay, though light-alcoholic drinks are served at the restaurant and bar
• Coffee is not served; only specific types of coffee are available on request. A variety of teas are available instead
• A casual chic dress code is recommended for the GAIA restaurant, reception/lobby and common areas. Bathrobes, swimming costumes and slippers are appropriate for the spa areas and the swimming pools.
When booking some rooms, you can enjoy a free treatment included per day. This is one treatment per room per day, so if it is two guests in a double, one guest will have the treatment. Select which treatment and time you would like to schedule either before arrival or upon arrival. Please find below a list of our exclusive Treatments (50-minute duration):
• Signature Muscle and Tension Release Massage - This intense full body massage uses bespoke techniques for releasing tension, pain and stiffness, with focus on joints and connective tissue, leaving you feeling energised and free
• Signature Euphoria Light & Relax Aroma Massage - This sensorial massage, with our signature blend of natural and essential oils, uses gentle techniques for relaxing the body, calming the mind and inviting a quiet sense of joy.
• Sensorial Scrub Ritual - This skin softening ritual, with natural Greek cosmetics, feels like a beautiful massage as much as a scrub. Guaranteed to relax you inside and out.
# night(s) ---