Located at the top of North Bridge in Edinburgh’s historical Old Town, The Scotsman, which takes its name from the ground-breaking national newspaper which used to reside in the Baroque building, offers a luxurious and characterful stay.
The hotel retains many of its original features, including wood panelled rooms and an impressive marble staircase and boasts unrivalled views of Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street Gardens and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Calton Hill, with many rooms sharing these views.
Whilst the hotel is known for its history, guests can relax with modern comforts, such as GHD hair straighteners and unique touches such as room service which can be discreetly collected through a compartment without needing to open the bedroom door. Rooms are also equipped with signature amenities including specially selected luxury toiletries, and personally chosen reading recommendations. Why not treat yourself to an exclusive and intimate cinema experience at The Scotsman Picturehouse, taking viewers back to a bygone era of cinematic opulence. With just 48 seats, this remarkable place can be found within The Scotsman Hotel.
Perfectly positioned to explore the city, Edinburgh’s Royal Mile is within 1 minutes’ walk from the hotel, and Edinburgh Castle is just 10 minutes’ walk away.
20 North Bridge
Normal Check-in: 14:00
Normal Check-out: 11:00
0.1 mi / 0.1 km from city centre
- Live entertainment
- Internet services
- Off-Site parking
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Ironing board
- Laundry/Valet service
- Room service
- 1 Lounges/bars
- 1 Restaurant
• Working Desk Area
• Bathrobes and Slippers
• Laptop safe
• Complimentary Scotsman Newspaper
• Complimentary bottled water
• Tea and Coffee facilities
• Luxury toiletries
• Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms
Meeting and Event Space also available.
• Enjoy a Scottish breakfast with ingredients sourced from local suppliers in the hotel’s lounge, served from 7am until 10:30am weekdays, and until 11am during the weekend. Indulge in a Full Scottish Breakfast, Eggs Benedict, Loch Fyne Kippers, or Steak and Eggs
• Grande Café – the former Advertising and Notices Department of The Scotsman Newspaper, the café’s current offering evolves throughout the day, from brunch served until 5pm, and cocktails with live jazz and piano into the small hours.
# night(s) ---