An adult-only, All Inclusive hideaway with a beautiful beach, spacious rooms, intimate atmosphere and choice of restaurants – perfect for couples and honeymooners.
Set on 40 acres of tropical grounds that stretch down to a 3/4 mile stretch of sandy beach, Galley Bay Resort & Spa by Elite dates back to 1964 and features a mix of old West Indian charm and Gauguin-inspired Tahitian architecture. It is located close to the islands capital, St John's.
The luxurious rooms and cottages enjoy features such as oversized bathrooms, terraces and balconies. The rooms include hand-crafted furnishings, tropical motifs and offer great views. The Gauguin Cottages have enchanting thatched-roofs.
Unwind at the Spa Indulge, choose from a full range of facials, skincare and therapeutic massage treatments using world-class Pevonia Botanica skincare products. Try individual treatment cabanas. You can also enjoy the spa pool and surrounding deck, either pre or post-treatment.
Galley Bay was named in the Top 100 resorts of the World and among the Top 10 Best Resorts for Romance in the Caribbean by the readers of TripAdvisor. It delights guests with its refined, unpretentious atmosphere and its relaxing, All Inclusive pricing.
Normal Check-in: 15:00
Normal Check-out: 12:00
3.3 mi / 5.3 km from city centre
Room types and facilities
Total Number of Rooms - 98
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Minibar, Refrigerator, Television
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Minibar, Refrigerator, Television
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Refrigerator, Television
PREMIUM BEACHFRONT SUITE
Sleeps 3, Bed Type: King(s) and rollaway Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Refrigerator, Television
PREMIUM BEACHFRONT SPA SUITE
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) and double(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Private bathroom, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Refrigerator, Television
- 1 Pool
- Massage services
- Live entertainment
- Exercise gym
- Internet services
- Tennis court
- Hair dryer
- On-Site parking
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Bicycle rentals
- Complimentary in-room coffee or tea
- Beauty shop/salon
- Laundry/Valet service
- 3 Lounges/bars
- 4 Restaurant
- Gift/News stand
• One daytime tennis court with astro turf surface
• Boutique with logo items and sundries
• Indulge Spa - luxury spa in a posh treehouse-like setting overlooking a bird sanctuary lagoon. Two elevated open air treatment “pods”, one for couple's massages and one for single massages. In addition to single and couples air-conditioned treatment rooms, a spa pool and a soothing space to relax before and after treatments
• Library and lounge with internet access and book exchange
• Air conditioned Fitness Centre
• Hair & Nail Salon
• Traditional American Croquet lawn, horse shoes
• Game room with table tennis
• Lagoon for fly fishing
• Golf clubs
• Open air pool table
• Stand up paddle boarding.
• Sea Grape Restaurant - spacious open air elegant beachfront restaurant with a waterfall where you will be treated to exotic flavours of the Caribbean with award-winning sumptuous a la carte dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Gauguin Restaurant - a smaller more intimate Oceanside venue with casual, grill-type fare with an eastern theme beneath individual thatched huts. Dinner reservations required
• Ismay's - a stunning timber building situated at the southern end of the white sand beach adjacent to the beautiful shell bay. The menu offers guests the best of international and island flavours. Open for dinner only. A supplement applies per person, payable locally
• Barefoot Grill - serves paninis, quesadillas and burgers under thatched umbrellas and right on the sand. Open noon to 17:00
• Lounge Bar - after dinner lounge bar
• Teepee Bar - a cone-shaped, thatched roof bar located on the beach. Hors d'oeuvres are served in the early evening at 18:00
• Gauguin Bar - open from 11:00 until 23:00
• Galley Bay Coffee Shop - open daily from 07:00 to 22:30 serving cappuccino, espresso, café latte and a selection of herbal teas and fresh juices. Treats to eat include home made pastries, croissants, banana muffins, coco bread as well as macaroons, chocolate meringue, brownies, freshly made cakes and evening cookies & home made chocolates. Enjoy your drinks and sweet treats in the indoor lounge or in the garden in the sunshine. The new Coffee Shop is located by the library area, close to the lagoon
• Rum Shack - set in the garden by the lagoon, the new Rum Shack opens daily from 18:00 to 23:00. Experience the Caribbean through its famous Rums, straight, on ice or in a cocktail. The Rum Shack stocks 20 rums from across the Caribbean from Antigua to Trinidad for you to sample
• Dress code: in the restaurants, shoes are to be worn and bathing suites are to be covered. After 18:30, men should wear shirts with collars and short or long sleeves (no t-shirts or tank tops) and long pants or stylish jeans (no shorts, Capri or 3/4 pants). Women should wear dresses, skirts, long pants or stylish jeans, culottes or in June, July and August, tailored Bermuda-length shorts (no short shorts or cutoffs). A standard dress code applies for Ismay's.
• American Express Credit Cards are NOT accepted, due to ongoing issues with American Express credit card processing, therefore cannot be used to pay for any local charges and incidentals whilst in resort, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are welcomed
• We strongly recommend that transfers are booked in this destination. Transfers must be booked as additional items, for which separate vouchers will be required.