Ambre Hotel is located at Palmar, on the east coast of Mauritius. The resort boasts 700-metres of long white sandy beach, running along a sheltered bay. WiFi is available throughout the resort.
Ambre is a four-star resort set in a tropical, easy-going environment, where island living can be experienced at its best. The adjacent tropical lagoon is a haven for fish and marine life, with many bathing and diving areas.
All day entertainment provides DJs, live music and the Ambre also hosts beach and club parties. The Function Room becomes a trendy nightclub in the evenings.
All guest rooms are sheltered by a garden of green tropical plants and provide a quiet oasis. The swimming pool is at the heart of the resort.
Inclusive water sports such as kayaks, glass-bottom boat trips, snorkelling, wind surfing, water polo and more are provided by the Ambre. Land sports include tennis, aerobics, yoga, badminton, Frisbee, volleyball and table tennis.
Ambre guests have preferential access to Le Touessrok Golf Club, with championship course, academy and more. The hotels Spa offers four treatment rooms, a hammam, sauna and Jacuzzi. A beauty parlour and team of experienced therapists are on hand to cater to every demand.
From 1 November 2013, children under 16 will not be accepted at this hotel.
Normal Check-in: 14:00
Normal Check-out: 12:00
19.4 mi / 31.3 km from city centre
Room types and facilities
Total Number of Rooms - 297
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: Double(s) or single(s) Satellite television, Minibar, Air conditioning, Private bathroom, Separate Shower, Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Television
Sleeps 4, Bed Type: Double(s) or single(s) Satellite television, Minibar, Air conditioning, Private bathroom, Separate Shower, Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Television
Sleeps 3, Bed Type: Double(s) or single(s) Satellite television, Minibar, Air conditioning, Private bathroom, Separate Shower, Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, Television
Sleeps 4, Bed Type:
- Laundry/Valet service
- Onsite laundry
- Baby sitting
- Non-smoking rooms (generic)
- Concierge desk
- Exercise gym
- On-Site parking
- Tennis court
- Bicycle rentals
- Currency exchange
- 3 Restaurant
- 2 Pool
- Aerobics instruction
- 2 Lounges/bars
- Pool Bar
- Room service
- Massage services
- Water sports
- Live entertainment
The steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi at Le Spa at Ambre is only free of charge for guests who have a treatment booked.
• Indigo - the main restaurant. Live interactive buffet stations feature Indian, Chinese and Creole specialties as well as international cuisine
• Dolce Vita - Trattoria style dining, with emphasis on homemade antipasti and pastas, pizzas and grill specialties
• La Plage - a beach restaurant with a cool feet-in-the sand attitude. The casual atmosphere is enhanced by a selection of Mediterranean and Mauritian authentic specialties, grilled seafood, snacks and sandwiches
• Coral Bar - offers a selection of fresh juices, exotic cocktails, energy drinks, full coffee range and snacks. In the evenings there are DJs and live music
• Beach bar - provides a selection of wines and beers, cocktails and fresh juices.
A Sun Card, issued on arrival (one card per room), provides:
• For guests staying a minimum of 7 nights, enjoy two nights in a Standard room at La Pirogue or Sugar Beach without supplement. (Interchange is possible on a half board basis and upon availability only, excluding the Christmas and New Year period. Bookings can only be requested after check IN at the booked hotel)
• Guests staying at Ambre on half board can dine at any Ambre restaurant
• Privilege access to Ile aux Cerfs.
• A fee will apply for water skiing activities
• Access to Ilot Mangenie, subject to prior reservation, for a fee of 55 Euros. That includes return boat transfer, sun lounges, towels and a small bottle of mineral water, a 3 course set menu lunch and one alcoholic or non alcoholic beverage
• Cross-billing facilities for other Sun Resorts in Mauritius
• We strongly recommend that transfers are booked in this destination. Transfers must be booked as additional items, for which separate vouchers will be required.