This competition is run by British Airways Plc (the “Promoter”) with registered office at, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No 1777777 and The Folding Lady (the “Influencer”) with registered office at Paddocks, Myddle, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom, SY4 3RY.
Conditions of entry
1. The Promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a UK resident [excluding Northern Ireland], aged 18 or over and excluding employees and agents of (a) the Promoter or (b) any company connected with the production or distribution of this Promotion, as well as their relatives or members of their family or household.
2. Eligible Participants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request. By entering the Promotion you are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Promotion is free to enter and entrants can enter by tagging people on either (i) the Influencer’s Instagram or TikTok social media post promoting the contest on ‘The Folding Lady’(@thefoldinglady) or (ii) the Promoters (@british_airways) Instagram or Tik Tok accounts. Only one entry will be accepted per person or email address.
4. The Promotion will start at 18.00 GMT on April 20, 2023 and the closing time/date for the Promotion is [23:59] on May 4, 2023
5. There will be one winner who will be selected in a random draw by an independent judge from all eligible entries, held on May 5, 2023. The winner will be notified by the Promoter by email/direct message within seven days of this date and will be given details of how to accept their prize. If the winner fails to accept the prize and its terms and conditions within seven days of the Promoter's email, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner (again selected randomly in a draw) from all remaining eligible entries who will be contacted directly, as outlined above.
6. The one individual holiday prize to be won is as follows: -
6.1 4 nights at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Aruba Resort for 2 adults and 2 children staying in a Sunrise/Nature room including return British Airways flights in World Traveller (economy) from London Heathrow to Aruba. Prize is valid for travel: 9 May to 20 December 2023 (holiday must be completed by 20 December 2023), excluding the following dates 23 to 26 November 2023. Rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking. This prize consists of accommodation on an all-inclusive board basis.
6.2 For avoidance of doubt, the winner must be aged 18 or over.
6.3 All incidental expenses are the responsibility of the prize-winner. Once the holiday is booked, it is non-changeable, exchangeable or refundable. There is no cash alternative to the prize in whole or in part. If you miss your flight, or fail to take the outbound leg, your flight will be void and cancelled. It is the responsibility of the winners to organise any necessary visas and passports required for travel. Winner and their guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary. All parts of prize must be used in conjunction with the same booking. The prize does not include travel between the winner’s home and the UK airport, any transfers to or from their overseas hotel, travel insurance, food and drink (outside what is previously declared in the board basis,) personal expenditure or incidental costs. Winner and their guest(s) are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation (including passport/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel insurance and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations (including Covid-19 tests) for foreign travel at their own expense.
6.4 The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
6.5 In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value. Travel restrictions may apply, please check FCDO advice before travelling.
6.6 World Traveller (Economy) flights provided include a 23kg luggage allowance per passenger.
6.7 The winner must book their prize within 60 days of receipt of the prize confirmation letter from British Airways Holidays.
6.8 Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
8. Any personal information provided to the Promoter or the Influencer during the entry process (including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth) must be correct. We accept no responsibility for any incorrect personal information provided to us.
9. The determination and decision of the Promoter on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on any website of the Promoter, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
10. No entries will be accepted in bulk, from agents or third parties.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by law (and subject to paragraph 12 below), the Promoter hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liabilities (whether express or implied) relating to this Promotion and/or the prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the Promoter's liability for: (i) death or personal injury as a result of its negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion should virus, bugs, tampering, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter corrupt or hinder the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion.
13. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.