Avançar para navegação
Collect Avios with Barclays Premier Banking
Get closer to the travel you want with the only UK current account that can collect Avios for you.
With Barclays Premier Banking1 and British Airways, you can now collect Avios to put towards your next trip with British Airways.
For just £12 per month, you’ll receive the following rewards:
A joining bonus
25,000 Avios when opening your first Barclays current account
- If you’re a new Barclays customer and complete a full switch using the Current Account Switch Service within 3 months3
- Enough for a peak British Airways return economy (Euro Traveller) flight to Lisbon 2
Join Barclays Avios Rewards
2,500 Avios if you have had a Barclays current account for 4 months or more
- Added together with your monthly reward, this means you could receive at least 20,500 Avios by the end of your first year – enough for a peak British Airways return economy (Euro Traveller) flight to Milan 2
Switch on Barclays Avios Rewards
- A British Airways cabin upgrade voucher every year for use on an Avios reward flight.4
- Flights that you book using Avios are called reward flights. You can book to any worldwide destination, where there’s availability, with British Airways and our oneworld® partners. You pay with your Avios plus a cash amount for taxes, fees and carrier charges.
Barclays Premier Banking benefits
As a Barclays Premier customer, you'll also get:
- Access to a dedicated team of Financial Guides
- 24/7 UK-based support when you need it from our Premier Telephone Banking team
- An exclusive black Barclays debit card with up to £1,000 daily cash machine withdrawals
- Fee-free international payments online or in the Barclays app
Find out more about what Barclays Premier Banking could offer you, and whether you’re eligible.
Eligibility, terms and conditions
You can opt in to Barclays Avios Rewards if you’re a Premier Banking customer or have a personal Wealth current account with us – you’ll need to register for the Barclays app and have a British Airways Executive Club account too. There’s a £12 monthly fee and you have to opt out of Barclays Blue Rewards and go paperless for all your accounts and services with us. To access Barclays Avios Rewards in the Barclays app, you need to be over 18. You can join Premier Banking if you have an income of £75,000 or £100,000 held with us. T&Cs apply.
To switch on Barclays Avios Rewards, you’ll need to have a valid British Airways Executive Club membership account and will be required to link your nominated Barclays account to your British Airways Executive Club account. You will need to agree to go paperless for all accounts and services you have with Barclays. You will also have to close your Barclays Blue rewards. Barclays Avios Rewards terms and conditions apply. If you have a Blue Rewards Saver Account, this can remain open. You’ll need to be registered for the Barclays app and be 16 or over.
- To join Barclays Premier Banking, you’ll need to have a minimum of £100,000 in savings or investments with Barclays, or have an annual gross income of £75,000 or more paid into a Barclays current account. Barclays will review your eligibility for Premier Banking regularly. If your circumstances change and you no longer meet the Premier eligibility criteria, Barclays will switch your account to the Barclays Bank Account in its Personal Banking service.
- Reward Flight Saver fare quoted below is subject to availability. Terms plus £9 for your taxes, fees and carrier charges per person apply. To be eligible for Reward Flight Saver, you need to have collected at least 1 Avios in the last 12 months. Other pricing options are available. Visit ba.com to learn how to use your Avios and for more information about Reward Flight Saver. All tangible examples accurate as May 2022.
- To qualify for the 25,000 Avios joining bonus, you’ll need to join Barclays Avios Rewards within four months of opening your first Barclays current account. Then, you’ll need to complete a full switch of your old current account to Barclays, using the Current Account Switch Service, within 3 months of joining Barclays Avios Rewards. You will then receive your joining bonus in the fourth month of Barclays Avios Rewards membership.
- You can find out more information about the cabin upgrade voucher in the Barclays app. Cabin upgrade vouchers must be used on Avios reward flight bookings. Reward flights and cabin upgrades are subject to availability. Taxes, fees and carrier charges per person apply. Additional Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the cabin upgrade voucher. See full Terms and Conditions below.
Mostrar tudoOcultar tudomostrarocultarexpandidofechado
Termos e Condições
Cabin upgrade voucher
- To be eligible to earn the Cabin Upgrade Voucher, you must be both a member of the British Airways Executive Club (“Member”) and a Barclays Premier Banking or Wealth customer who has joined Barclays Avios Rewards. You must remain a Member in order to redeem your Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- Your Cabin Upgrade Voucher will be issued to the British Airways Executive Club account linked to your Barclays Premier Banking account within five working days of your Barclays Avios Rewards anniversary which is defined as 12 monthly payments for Barclays Avios Rewards.
- You are entitled to earn a maximum of one (1) Cabin Upgrade Voucher per 12-month anniversary of Barclays Avios Rewards being linked to your Barclays Premier Banking account.
- A Cabin Upgrade Voucher will be valid for 24 months from the date of issue which will be visible in the e-Voucher section of your British Airways Executive Club account. To use your Cabin Upgrade Voucher, your booking must be made, and travel must have commenced within 24 months following the date of issue, after which the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will expire and cannot be replaced or extended. When using your Cabin Upgrade Voucher on a multi-sector trip which includes a domestic connecting flight, the final leg of outbound travel must have commenced within 24 months following the date of issue.
- The Cabin Upgrade Voucher must be used at the point of booking a flight through the British Airways Executive Club account. It is not possible to amend an existing booking to utilise the Cabin Upgrade Voucher and nor can a Cabin Upgrade Voucher be redeemed at the airport.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers can only be used for British Airways flight-only itineraries with departures from the United Kingdom, and are available for British Airways mainline and City Flyer franchise operated flights issued with a British Airways flight number only. Partner and code-share flights are excluded and will not be eligible for the Cabin Upgrade Voucher, including Sun Air.
- A Cabin Upgrade Voucher entitles you to a cabin upgrade for two passengers on a one-way journey or one passenger on a return or one-way trip, when you make a reward flight booking. Airline taxes, fees and carrier charges must be paid on all tickets booked. Outbound travel must have commenced before the expiry date on the Cabin Upgrade Voucher. You may redeem your Cabin Upgrade Voucher for journeys consisting of multiple sectors, however where an upgrade is not available for all sectors and you choose to redeem your Cabin Upgrade Voucher, you will not be entitled to reuse or partially use the Cabin Upgrade Voucher for future bookings.
- A Cabin Upgrade Voucher enables you to upgrade your booking by one cabin class (where available). For example:
a. From economy (Euro Traveller) to business (Club Europe)
b. From economy (World Traveller) to premium economy (World Traveller Plus); or
c. From premium economy (World Traveller Plus) to business (Club World)
- Bookings cannot be upgraded to a First Cabin using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- In order to be eligible for an upgrade using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher, bookings must be reward flight bookings, paid for using full Avios redemption where you pay with your Avios plus a cash amount for taxes, fees and carrier charges. There must be availability in the cabin class you want to upgrade to for such reward flight booking. Members must pay for the base cabin in Avios. Bookings paid for using ‘Avios and Money’, ‘Pay with Avios’ and full cash bookings are excluded and will not be eligible for an upgrade using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- Airline taxes, fees and charges, or Reward Flight Saver (“RFS”) cost if applicable, must be paid on all tickets booked at the time of booking. The member will be personally responsible for any tax payable for them as a result of this offer. Members who upgrade their journey using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will have to pay airline taxes, fees and charges or RFS costs applicable to the cabin class that the Member upgrades to. For more information on RFS visit ba.com.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers can be used on both short haul and long haul Reward Flights.
- The Barclays Premier Banking customer to whom the Cabin Upgrade Voucher was awarded must be the person to make the booking using a Cabin Upgrade Voucher. The Member does not have to be the person to travel to use the voucher.
- A Member can use up to two (2) of their own Cabin Upgrade Vouchers earned with Barclays Premier Banking for any one booking.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be pooled across British Airways Executive Club Household Accounts and must be redeemed personally by the Member who earned the Cabin Upgrade Voucher. Household Account members who earn a Cabin Upgrade Voucher are subject to the applicable Household Account redemption rules detailed in the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Please visit ba.com for more information.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any offer, nor can they be exchanged for cash or credit and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be used in combination with any other vouchers a Member may hold that haven’t been earned with Barclays.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be used on British Airways Holidays bookings where the flights are included within the holiday package.
- Rules of the ticket are governed by the original fare paid. In the case of Reward tickets, standard redemption rules apply. Please visit ba.com for more information.
- If you cancel a booking made using a Cabin Upgrade Voucher, the rules of the original ticket apply. If a cancellation is made more than 24 hours before departure, the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will be re-issued to the Member’s British Airways Executive Club account for the remainder of its original validity which is 24 months from the date of issue. If travel using a Cabin Upgrade Voucher is cancelled within 24 hours of travel, the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will not be re-issued to the Member’s British Airways Executive Club account.
- If an upgraded booking contains an infant travelling on an infant fare, the infant will automatically be upgraded with the adult on the booking. Child fares will be subject to the same rules as adult fares.
- Use of the Cabin Upgrade Voucher and/or Avios is made in accordance with the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Please visit ba.com for more information.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers are not an entitlement to travel and are subject to reward flight availability which is not guaranteed.
- To view your Cabin Upgrade Voucher/s, please visit ‘Manage my Executive Club’ on ba.com and view ‘My eVouchers’.
- Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. British Airways and Barclays reserve the right to refuse to issue or honour any Cabin Upgrade Voucher in the event that the customer is in breach of the terms of Barclays Premier Banking and/or British Airways Executive Club membership.
- All bookings under this promotion will be covered by the fare rules of the original fare. This includes any applicable refund and change fees. All refunds are subject to the fare rules for the class of ticket booked. Fare rules and conditions appear in your booking details when you access your booking on ba.com through the ‘Manage my booking’ functionality.
- All Passengers are carried by British Airways in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided.
- British Airways and Avios Group (AGL) Limited is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party website or homepage access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.
- British Airways and Avios Group (AGL) Limited’s failure to enforce any clause of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that promotion.
- These Terms and Conditions of the Cabin Upgrade Voucher may be changed by British Airways and Avios Group (AGL) Limited at any time.
- Se qualquer um destes Termos e Condições for considerado inválido ou inexequível, os restantes Termos e Condições permanecerão válidos e aplicáveis.
- Promotional materials form a part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotion materials.
- This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.