The free upgrade to First is available one-way on either the outbound or the inbound part of the journey; simply purchase an eligible published semi-flexible R, D, or C class, or a fully flexible J class Club World fare. Upgrades are subject to availability on selected flights.
Offer now available on all services between the USA and the UK with British Airways and our partner American Airlines.
Please note, customers must request the upgrade at the time of booking and the upgrade is subject to availability.
A qualifying flight must compromise of one longhaul sector that is booked in either J, C, D or R class and another sector that is booked in A class (subject to availability) on fare basis codes which include ‘C3O3’ or ‘C3O1’ within the naming convention.
All Atlantic Joint Business routes from the USA to the UK
|Book business class fare basis codes||Must combine with one of the following fare basis codes in either direction:||Book 'A' class for BA and 'F' for AA marketed and operated services
which will show as business fare basis code with '1' indicator in the 4th position.
Travel will be in First cabin
Please note: when using Online Booking Tools access to the First cabin needs to be activated as part of Travel Policy to enable combination at business class price
1. This promotion is only open to residents of the United States of America and Canada aged 18 years or over. (“Participants”) who book and travel on a qualifying flight. British Airways (“BA”) and American Airlines, Inc (“AA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participants. There is no limit to the number of times a Participant may take advantage of this offer during the Promotional Period.
2. This offer is not available to book online. No pre-registration is required for the upgrade.
3. Participants who book and travel Participants who book and travel on selected qualifying business class operated by British Airways or American Airlines from the United States of America and Canada to the United Kingdom during the Promotional Period will qualify for a one-way upgrade to first class (in 'A' inventory for BA marketed flights and in “F” inventory for flights marketed and operated by AA) on one transatlantic leg of that journey at no extra cost. Upgrade is subject to availability at time of booking.
4. Participants must request the upgrade at the time of booking. The upgrade can be taken on either the outbound or return sector. The upgrade is valid on eligible flights that have a first class cabin. Assigned seating is not guaranteed.
5. A qualifying flight must comprise of one sector that is booked in either J, C (BA only) R, or D class and another sector that is booked in A class for BA marketed flights and F class for AA marketed and operated flights. (subject to availability).
The following fare basis codes will be eligible for this promotion:
6. Certain route exclusions may apply.
7. Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for an upgrade unless their revised travel arrangements also qualify under the terms of this promotion. Changes and fees are subject to fare rules of purchased fare.
8. Upgrade is valid on qualifying flights that operate with a first class cabin. If the aircraft has to be substituted for one which does not have a first class cabin, participants will be seated, subject to availability, in business class.
9. American Airlines and British Airways accept no responsibility for an inability to take up this offer if seats in ‘A’ or ‘F’ class are not available on a given date within the Promotional Period. American Airlines and British Airways reserve the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion, without notice, in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of American Airlines and British Airways.
10. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, deal or promotion including but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent discounted fares, inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares; or (iii) bookings made with vouchers or coupons.
11. All qualifying flights must start and finish in one of the countries listed in clause 1, and all tickets must be purchased and ticketed in one of the countries listed in clause 1.
12. There is no limit to the number of times an eligible participant can redeem the offer during the promotional period.
13. No upgrades are available on connecting flights, transfers or add-ons, or any other non-qualifying flights, which the Participant may wish to take. Upgrades may not be requested at the airport.
14. AAdvantage® miles or Avios will be awarded for the cabin flown in.
15. No booking fee applies through American Airlines, or British Airways reservations. Travel agent credit card charges may apply.
16. On refundable tickets, the maximum refund will be the amount actually paid. Upgrades are not transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered.