Whether you’re a regular or occasional traveller, knowing how to take control in the highly unlikely event of an emergency gives you added confidence in flying.
The British Airways Flight Safety Awareness Course was originally developed for companies that are conscious of Health & Safety and keeping their personnel safe when travelling. It’s now available for anyone who travels.
The course is designed to enhance confidence in flying by increasing knowledge and awareness of safety procedures.
At our pilot and cabin crew Training Centre at Heathrow in London, you are given the opportunity to experience a simulated aircraft emergency situation and are then given a full debrief with safety advice and techniques for travelling on board and staying in hotels around the world. You’ll also experience opening aircraft doors, jumping down evacuation slides and a whole lot more. We give expert, hands-on training in a safe and fun environment. It’s fascinating and informative.
This half-day course is fully inclusive of the following:
• Tea and coffee on arrival.
• Course commencement and Health & Safety introduction.
• Simulated flight on a full motion Boeing 737 cabin simulator, leading to an emergency landing and full aircraft evacuation from a smoke-filled environment.
• Full exercise debrief on the simulator with safety advice, information and techniques.
• Practical door and overwing exit operation on a Boeing 737.
• Break for tea, coffee and biscuits.
• Emergency evacuation slide descents from an Airbus A320.
• Discussion on Ditching ( aircraft landing on water ), including a demonstration of life jackets.
• Discussion on Decompression ( loss of cabin pressurisation ), including the use of oxygen masks.
• Smoke training with information relevant to aircraft and hotel environments.
• Guidance on hotel safety.
It's a practical course which is loads of fun and ultimately demonstrates just how safe flying actually is!
The course is excellent value at just £135, excluding VAT, per person (£162, including VAT, per person).
Courses for Corporate Customers
For Corporate customers wanting an exclusive team course, we have a choice of start and finish times and bespoke courses can also be arranged:
Morning Courses: 08:00 hrs to 12:30 hrs
Afternoon Courses: 13:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs
Bespoke Course: Approximately 10:00 - 15:30 hrs
There is a minimum charge for 20 delegates of £2,700, excluding VAT.
With between 30 and the maximum of 40 delegates, due to the practical nature of the course, please add approximately 20 minutes to the course duration.
A buffet lunch can also be arranged.
For more information, availability and to discuss your requirements, please contact:
Tel +44 (0) 20 8562 5734
Courses for Individual Customers
For individual customers, please click on the link below for the latest course dates and timings.
Click here to book and pay for a course on-line
If you prefer to talk to us to book and pay for a course, please contact:
Tel +44 (0) 20 8562 5734
Tel +44 (0) 20 8562 7723