Pigeon Island was first used
by pirates in the 1550s
Great fares and up to €200 holiday savings
Offer ends 31 JanuarySearch flights and holidays
More than just a honeymooner’s paradise
Pigeon Island was first used
by pirates in the 1550s
GMT -4 hours
Call off the search: you’ve found paradise. St Lucia is the perfect Caribbean island for your next holiday – unlike some tropical islands, which offer little beyond the beaches, St Lucia has hidden depths (and heights). Not only is it one of the Caribbean’s more mountainous islands, but it even has a ‘drive-in’ volcano and the UNESCO-listed Pitons, twin peaks that dominate the west coast’s shore.
St Lucia stuns on sight. Its luscious outline, all dramatic mountains and white beaches, will have you reaching straight for your sunglasses. If you turn to the towns, Castries, the capital, has a lively outdoor market, whilst Soufrière has a botanic garden with mineral baths. On this fun-sized Caribbean island you can snorkel and hike to your heart’s content. But just because it’s got mountains, you don’t have to climb them. There are a hundred places to do nothing in St Lucia – on a beautiful beach, in an amazing spa, by a fantastic hotel pool… as a family, or as just the two of you. All told, St Lucia is pretty much the perfect place for a Caribbean holiday, whether you’re taking the kids on a catamaran cruise, or having an adults only retreat where you can go all-inclusive. Book your flights to St Lucia now, the possibilities are endless.
For an affordably-priced holiday, why not try the Coco Palm in vibrant Rodney Bay, or stay at Bel Jou for its laid-back charm and all-inclusive package. At BodyHoliday you can choose to be as active or as idle as you like. So, whilst you get a pristine beach and a luxurious hotel, you'll also find the resort fantastically well-equipped for its retreat programmes, fitness classes and holistic approach to well being. Check-in to the all-inclusive Coconut Bay Resort & Spa – you'll love the restaurants, bars and oceanfront spa, while little ones will spend their entire time in the five pools, at the onsite waterpark Cocoland or the paintball zone. For a luxury holiday in St Lucia, choose an incredible five-star adult-only resort like Calabash Cove or Landings Resort and Spa, situated on one of the island's best beaches.
Secure your holiday with a low deposit and flexible installments – you can decide when you make the payments and how much they are.
If your perfect holiday starts and ends with a perfect beach, St Lucia’s got you covered, but if you want a little more from your holiday, then you’ll be rewarded by this adventurous island.
1. Soufrière is a great place to start a St Lucia adventure, and organised half-day hikes to summit Gros Piton are high on the agenda for adventurous tourists – the hike can be completed in an afternoon. Kids will love a drive through the island’s famous ‘Drive-In Volcano’ at the local Sulphur Springs – whilst adults will look forward soaking in the natural, mineral-rich pools.
2. It wouldn’t be a Caribbean holiday without a good beach, and St Lucia has several. Reduit Beach at Rodney Bay is a mile long, and immeasurably beautiful, but it’s Anse de Pitons, that takes the crown for best location, right at the feet of the magnificent Piton Mountains. When it comes to water sports: the best diving is near Soufrieres, but good snorkelling can be had off many of the beaches. A boat trip lets you explore beyond the island – so why not book onto a sunset cruise.
3. When it comes to local ingredients, St Lucia is gastronomically blessed: exotic fruit, spices and seafood are easy to come by on the island – don’t miss trying the local banana ketchup. Grilled fish comes served with great live music at Gros Islet Jump Up every Friday near Rodney Bay and even the most exclusive hotels turn toincorporate local ingredients in their dishes: try Boucan by Hotel Chocolat where everything is flavoured with – you’ve guessed it – cocoa from the on-site plantation.
4. Don’t miss the spectacular St Lucian Carnival. Events and festivities start in May and run until summer. There are concerts and competitions, plenty of calypso and soca music – and the search for the year’s Carnival Queen. Events culminate with a two-day fiesta in July – when a frenzy of feather plumes, sparkling costumes and steel pans splashes through the streets of Castries, St Lucia’s capital.
5. Behind St Lucia’s indolent resorts there’s a backdrop of exciting hiking trails. Walk amidst massive towering trees and explore this stunningly beautiful habitat on a rainforest walk.
Many of St Lucia’s main attractions are on its west coast, including most of its beaches. Castries is the capital of St Lucia, and is a busy port on the west side of the island. Cruise traffic and Caribbean island hoppers visiting the small George F. L. Charles Airport mean the town is always lively, and there’s plenty to eat. Castries Market stalls sell authentic local Caribbean produce, from bagged bundles of cinnamon to fresh fruit, whilst lots of authentic restaurants serve regional specialties around town. After lunch, head north and you’ll stumble across lovely Vigie Beach. Travel further up the coast and you’ll hit the leafy Cap Estate, where there are good golf courses.
Rodney Bay, on the north western side of the island, is one of St Lucia’s most developed areas, and it gets lots of visitors. It’s easy to reach and has lots of popular hotels, including the Bay Garden Beach Resort which is on the amazing Reduit Beach, the longest stretch of sand on the island. Rodney Bay may be relatively built-up, but a man-made causeway links the town to Pigeon Island National Park, where there’s an old fort to visit, and plenty of pirating history.
Soufrière, the former capital of St Lucia, sits on the attractive southwest coast. It’s around an hour and a quarter’s drive down winding roads – or a boat trip – from Castries. These days, it’s a popular town to visit for its surrounding attractions: including the botanic gardens, a ‘drive-in’ volcano and the Pitons. You can climb up Gros Piton – then come back down for a restorative soak in some of the area’s sulphuric springs. There are lots of great hotels around here – including the amazing open-air rooms at Jade Mountain.
At our all-inclusive hotels in St Lucia you can relax in the knowledge that nearly all expenses are covered. These cost-effective options range from three- to five-star, including family-friendly or romantic, adults-only accommodation. Take advantage of complimentary water sports at St James’s Club Morgan Bay by Elite if you’re taking the family. Or take indulgence to a new level with delicious local produce at East Winds, with fish delivered straight off the boat every day of the week. If you’re after a couples-only hideaway, there’s plenty of choice on the island. Choose rooms at Rendezvous where you can enjoy champagne and candlelit dinners, or swan over to Sandals Halycon Beach, which features swim-up rooms with butler service. Sip Champagne in your villa’s private Jacuzzi at Cap Maison, a boutique hotel in the north of the island with two fantastic restaurants.
Enjoy an unparalleled five-star experience during your luxury holiday in St Lucia. Combine breathtaking natural beauty with unforgettable hotel experiences. For a breath of fresh air, book into Jade Mountain, where you can have a jaw-dropping view of the island from your own personal plunge pool – or hit the fantastic beach at Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort, which sits snugly between the Piton Mountains.
Children will love playing on St Lucia’s flawless beaches, while the hiking trails and rainforest will satisfy thirsts for adventure. Our carefully selected family-friendly hotels offer everything you could want for your family holiday – from adjoining rooms, to kids' clubs and dedicated children’s dining options. The award-winning Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort has excellent clubs for both young children and teenagers. Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa boasts the island’s largest water park, while kids can have fun tackling the open-water floating obstacle course at Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa.