Temperatures rarely fall below 20°C
A slice of island bliss
Temperatures rarely fall below 20°C
GMT -4 hours
Explore an island bursting with colour during your Antigua holidays. With its sweeping stretches of white sand beaches, swaying palm trees and tropical harbours, the Caribbean is irresistible. Whether you want to lay out on a sun lounger, tip-toe through forts or bob about on a boat – you can do it all in Antigua.
Discover an island haven with pristine beaches, superb sailing and local charm. Bask on the beaches, then take a plunge into the azure ocean. Snorkelling and diving enthusiasts will discover a thriving underwater world in the sunken coral reefs. Visit the exquisite Georgian buildings along Nelson's Dockyard or take a picture postcard shot from the spectacular Shirley Heights. You can inspect the throng of shiny yachts afloat in the English Harbour or take a boat trip across to beautiful Barbuda. Start discovering this Caribbean paradise and be sure to try a rum punch at sundown. Book your flights to Antigua and start slathering on the sun cream.
Take a look at our carefully selected hotels in Antigua – we’ve got hotels for every budget. If you’re looking for a purse-friendly break in the Caribbean, we offer a variety of good three-star accommodation, with a choice of facilities and idyllic beach locations. Book a stay at Hawksbill By Rex Resorts; with its four sandy beaches, this hotel is ideal for budget-conscious travellers. Or go all-out at the five-star, all-inclusive Royalton Antigua, An Autograph Collection. There's a fantastic kids’ club, an array of activities from beach volleyball to open-air theatre shows in the evening, all whilst you unwind in the spa or enjoy a romantic dinner.
Located on the idyllic southern coast of Antigua, the Carlisle Bay offers the perfect blend of adventure and relaxation. Enjoy complimentary water sports or unwind in the Blue Spa. There’s a kids’ club to keep the youngsters entertained, as well as four restaurants and four bars to choose from. Looking for a couple’s escape? Feel the romance blossom at the all-inclusive, adults only Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa. Lounge around on the silky-sand beach , take a couples’ massage or go paddle boarding across the turquoise ocean.
Secure your holiday with a low deposit and flexible installments – you can decide when you make the payments and how much they are.
When you think of the Caribbean, sandy-white beaches, turquoise waters and smouldering sunsets spring to mind – but it’s time to discover more in Antigua. From inland island excursions and striking sailing experiences, to heritage landmarks, there’s another side to see on this luscious isle.
1. Antigua is home to an abundance of beautiful beaches, so choosing which ones to visit will be the trickiest decision you make on holiday. Discover Runaway Beach, where the white sands stretch for miles, let romance flourish on a boat ride over to the secluded Green Island or see the pink-hued sands at Half Moon Bay, where surf fanatics can catch waves. From the thriving restaurants, bars and array of water sports on offer at Dickenson Bay, to the tranquil weekday atmosphere and sweeping views at Pigeon Point Beach.
2. Famous for its fantastic sailing conditions, Antigua plays host to world-class sailing events. With the annual Antigua Sailing Week at the end of April and the annual Jolly Harbour Yacht Club Regatta every November – it’s easy to see why water sports are hot on this island. Take a cruise on a catamaran, try kayaking along the shoreline or head out wind-surfing. Make a splash when you snorkel or scuba-dive beside the florid coral reefs. Whether you’re looking for easy-going or adrenaline-fuelled activities, plenty of our hotel resorts offer a variety of water sports. Take a break at the boutique Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort located on the seafront of Falmouth Harbour, providing a prime spot for spectators.
3. The best way to explore Antigua is by hire car. Create your own island itinerary and tick off must-see sights, as well as off-the-beaten-track treats. Make a pit stop to see the candy-coloured colonial architecture in St. John’s – and if you’re peckish, try a plate of Ducana (sweet potatoes and coconut wrapped in a banana leaf) . Drive south to English Harbour to explore the coves or head west to where you can find exhilarating zip line adventures amongst the rainforest treetops. Afterwards, make tracks further west to Ffrye’s Bay or Darkwood Beach for a mesmerising sunset.
4. Experience a dash of Antigua’s history and discover some of the island’s most iconic spots. No trip to Antigua is complete without a visit to the old fort at Shirley Heights. Soak up the sweeping views across the Caribbean Sea and English Harbour. If you plan to visit on a Sunday afternoon, you can join the Sunday barbeque party, with the sounds of steel-pan drums in the zestful atmosphere and tasty bites. Head down to Nelson’s Dockyard, in Antigua’s largest National Park and wander around the marina. If you have time, pop into the naval museum, or stay outdoors and walk the hiking trail to Fort Berkeley.
5. The Caribbean is the perfect place to unwind and Antigua is no exception. Savour a slice of the spa life on a rejuvenating break. Lounge next to pristine pools, relax in fragrant treatment rooms and let any stress ebb away in a bubbling hot tub or steam room.
Start your trip relaxing on the postcard-perfect beaches of Antigua as you bask in the blissful sunshine. You’ll be spoilt for choice with the coves and bays of Antigua. From the popular Dickenson Bay on the north of the island, to the quieter, laid-back Pigeon Point in the south, and secluded spots along the sublime Half Moon Bay, there is a beach for every day.
Then up the ante and choose from an array of exhilarating water sports – go paddle-boarding, cruise over the ocean by catamaran, snorkel beside the coral reef and watch out for manta rays at Dickenson Bay. Venture to the tropical rainforests of Antigua for a chance to whiz through the green canopy on a zip line. For a slower pace , join a guided hike and listen for the calls of exotic birds. Then, for a snapshot of history and striking views, make a move to the iconic Shirley Heights. Looking for a little culture? Visit the capital, St. John’s, and tuck into a bowl of local Creole cuisine.
Make the most of an all-inclusive holiday in Antigua. With meals, drinks, activities and more – almost everything is included in the price. It’s easy to add excursions to your break, or to add spa treatments and other wellness activities at a variety of our resorts. Perched along Long Bay, Pineapple Beach Club by Elite Island Resorts offers an affordable adults-only beachside break. Laze on the beach as you catch a tan or go snorkelling around the reef – and this all-inclusive also offers plenty of water sports. Or stay at the sumptuous Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa and savour pampering at the Red Lane® Spa. Alternatively, bask in the spa at Galley Bay Resort & Spa by Elite, then savour adults-only dining and sip tantalising drinks as you take in the breathtaking panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea.
Enjoy every drop of opulence on our luxury holidays in Antigua. From fine dining and butler service to exceptional facilities – you can expect the best from our luxury hotels. Stay at Hermitage Bay for incredible beachfront luxury. Or stay at Jumby Bay Island, where you can hire a bike and cycle around its private island.
Antigua is also ideal for families looking to blend their beach break with adventurous activities. Whether you’re looking for brilliant facilities, kids’ clubs, babysitting services or a variety of exciting experiences for the whole clan – take a look at our selection of family-friendly hotels is Antigua. There's something for everyone to smile about at St James's Club & Villas by Elite., with its award-winning kids’ club, sandy beaches, water sports and variety of restaurants and bars. The Verandah Resort & Spa by Elite is a great choice for spending quality time together too. Go kayaking, play on the tropical 18-hole mini-golf course or spend an afternoon on a catamaran. When you’re ready for some down time, there’s a kids’ club for your little ones to socialise at. Or indulge your adventurous side at Blue Waters Resort & Spa with sailing, snorkelling or kayaking. Play a spot of tennis, then make a splash in one of three pools. There’s even a rustic rum shack on the beach, perfect for a tasty sundowner.