1. This competition is only open to eligible participants ("Eligible Participants", or in the singular, an "Eligible Participant"). An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 years or over, lives in the UK and is not an employee of British Airways ("BA") or Cedar Communications Ltd ("Cedar") or Sky UK Limited (“Sky”) or The Promotions Factory or their affiliates, or their family members. BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this competition, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the terms and conditions set out below ("Terms and Conditions").
2. To be counted as an Eligible Participant, an entrant to the competition must submit the winning letter for the Business Life letters page ("Activity") between 00:01 and 23:59 GMT during the following magazine issue periods ("Competition Period"):
o 01.02.2017 and 28.02.2017 (February 2017)
o 01.03.2017 and 31.03.2017 (March 2017)
o 01.04.2017 and 30.04.2017 (April 2017)
o 01.05.2017 and 31.05.2017 (May 2017)
o 01.06.2017 and 30.06.2017 (June 2017)
o 01.07.2017 and 31.08.2017 (July-August 2017)
and provide contact details (in the form of an email address and/or telephone number) ("Contact Details"). This will automatically submit entry to the draw. No entries outside the Competition Period will be accepted.
3. No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
4. No third party entries are permitted and only one entry per Eligible Participant is allowed.
5. The following prize is available each month (there are six prizes in total across six months): 1 x Sky Q TV subscription for 12 months to include the following:
o 1 x Sky Q Complete Bundle TV package including Sky Sports and Sky Cinema;
1 x Sky Q Multiscreen subscription; and
o Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions
o We’ll also loan the prize winner 1 x Sky Q 2TB box and 1 x Sky Q Mini box at no charge
The Prize will be subject to the Prize Conditions set out below.
• a) The winner will be required to enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract. If the winner is an existing Sky TV customer, your existing Sky TV subscriptions will come to an end and you must enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract.
• b) After your 12 month free Sky Q TV subscription comes to an end, standard subscription charges will apply (at time of going to press £92 a month in the UK), unless you change or cancel your package, giving Sky at least 31 days’ notice. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland.
• c) The Prize does not include:
o A broadband subscription (to experience Sky Q features to the full, we recommend connecting your boxes to home broadband);
o Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view services and events
• d) Watching on an extra TV screen comes at a one-off cost of £99 in the UK (€120 in the Republic of Ireland) and we’ll loan you an extra Sky Q Mini at no cost (recommend connecting no more than 4 Sky Q Minis in total)
• e) Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
• f) Engineer set-up required. Sky pay for free standard installation as detailed at the top of Section 5.
• g) The winner must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s) prior to installation.
• h) Winners must redeem the prize within a year being advised that they have won a prize. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
• j) Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
• k) Prize winner will own the Sky dish. The Sky Q box, the Sky Q Mini and all other Sky Q kit is loaned to the winner at no cost and must be returned when the winner’s 12 month prize subscription terminates or when the winner leaves Sky, whichever is earlier. Mechanical faults with the Sky Q kit will be repaired at no cost. If the winner already owns a Dish then this Dish will be upgraded to service Sky Q
6. Sky Q Terms:
• Requires Sky Q 2TB box, Sky TV and Sky Q Multiscreen subscriptions, HD TV, Sky Q app, compatible tablet (see sky.com/SkyQdevices and Sky Q Mini(s) connected to home broadband.
• Around home: watch recordings included in Sky TV channel pack and most free-to-air channels (see sky.com/SkyQchannels
• Red Button and BBC on-demand content unavailable via Sky Q app.
• Save selected recordings from last 90 days to compatible tablet connected to home broadband to watch offline. Viewing limits apply.
• Record/Store More: compared with standard 500GB Sky+ box.
• Content depends on subscription: Sky Cinema required for movies, Sky Sports required for sport, Box Sets Bundle required for box sets.
• Watching Ultra HD content requires Ultra HD TV. Ultra HD unavailable on Sky Q Mini(s).
7. At the completion of the Competition Period a winner from those Eligible Participants will be the person who has submitted the best letter in the opinion of the editor. The editor’s decision is final.
8. Once the prize winner has been chosen, the Contact Details will be used to contact each chosen winner via email or telephone call. The winner will then have 14 days by which to confirm their acceptance of the prize ("Claim Period"). If a winner is contacted via email, winners must confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing within the Claim Period by utilising the medium by which they were contacted. If the winner is contacted by telephone, they must confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing to Sky Competition, Business Life Magazine, 85 Strand, London WC2R 0DW. If any winner does not claim the prize within the Claim Period, or the prize is declined by any winner, supplementary winners may be drawn from the remaining Eligible Participants' entries at THE PROMOTER's discretion and these winners will be sent the relevant notification. In the event THE PROMOTER cannot locate any potential winners, the prizes may go unawarded.
9. Any other incidental expenses relating to the Prize are not included in the above Prize and must be paid for by each winner, where relevant.
10. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s), or special offer(s), by THE PROMOTER or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, awards or certificates.
11. All THE PROMOTER and third party terms and conditions relating to the prize apply.
12. THE PROMOTER accepts no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from the Eligible Participant's error, computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes.
13. THE PROMOTER does not accept any responsibility in the event that any prize winner is unable to claim their Prize within the Claim Period.
14. All Prizes are non-changeable and non-transferable.
15. No cash or credit alternatives are offered for any Prize.
16. THE PROMOTER reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of a similar value, should the specified Prize or any element thereof, become unavailable for any reasons beyond its control.
17. THE PROMOTER is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to this competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the competition.
18. Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition.
19. By entering the competition you assign to BA the complete copyright and all other rights in or to any entry or the content contained within any entry, which shall be for the full period of copyright. In addition, upon request you will provide BA a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entry or make use of the content contained within any entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other materials, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, the entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for BA or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights the entrant is granting, to use the entry or the content contained therein.
20. Where imposing such condition is legal, participation in the competition constitutes the winner's (and companion's, if applicable) consent to BA's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
22. The winners' names can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope, 30 days after the competition period closes, to Sky Competition, Business Life Magazine, 85 Strand, London WC2R 0DW, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org requesting this information.
23. THE PROMOTER's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. THE PROMOTER reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any Prize issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond THE PROMOTER's control.
24. THE PROMOTER reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or terminate any Prize won by any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition, or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or, in THE PROMOTER's sole discretion, in an inappropriate, offensive or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, THE PROMOTER reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
25. THE PROMOTER's failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
26. Except as otherwise expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, THE PROMOTER and its affiliates shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of their respective obligations that are caused by events outside of their reasonable control. THE PROMOTER's total liability for all claims arising out of or in connection with the competition shall be limited to the value of the Prize won by the Eligible Participant. THE PROMOTER and its affiliates shall not be liable under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in relation to the event for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by an Eligible Participant (or, if applicable, their guest) in any way. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate to exclude or limit THE PROMOTER's or its affiliates' liability for death or personal injury resulting from THE PROMOTER's or its affiliates' negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
27. These Terms and Conditions apply to every Eligible Participant attending the event or entering the competition with no exceptions.
28. If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
29. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
30. This competition is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
31. THE PROMOTER is Sky UK Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD