1. To enter please submit a photograph taken while onboard a British Airways flight. By submitting your photographs you agree to grant Cedar Communications and British Airways (BA) a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your photograph worldwide and/or to incorporate your photograph in other works and publications in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your photograph. By submitting your content you warrant that you have the right to grant this license. The licence is capable of sub-license by Cedar Communications and BA to other entities and brands in the BA group of companies and to agents, suppliers and publications (in any media) of our choosing. If you do not want to grant to Cedar Communications and BA the rights set out above, please do not submit your photograph.
1.2. To the extent permitted by law, you waive your moral rights (e.g. the right to be identified as the author or to object to derogatory treatment) in your Content.
This clause 1 means, for example (without limitation), that we can:
- Continue to publish all or part of Your Content, including your photos, comments, profile, name, town and country, even if you change your mind and want us to remove it.
- Remove your Content, even if you have not breached these Terms of our content guidelines.
- Use all or part of Your Content in promoting our products and services (e.g. we may use Your Content in our advertising and other publications).
- Edit your Content, which may result in a part of it being modified and displayed, including without your name.
2. Your Content - what you are not allowed to do:
2.1 You must not submit any material to Business Life that is:
o Defamatory, malicious, threatening, false, misleading, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, harassing, blasphemous or racist
o A breach of confidentiality or of somebody's privacy
o Indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature
Or is likely to:
o Cause someone alarm, anxiety or distress
o Encourage violence or racial or religious hatred
o Infringe any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trademarks. This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit (e.g. photos and comments) or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material.
o Advertise any products or services
o Impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status
o Prejudice any active legal proceedings of which you are aware
o Technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data or other malicious or harmful software, data, components or conduct)
o Encouraging or teaching conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful
2.2 You must not include links to any websites or webpages
2.3 You must not try to circumvent (i.e. get around) any protections we put in place for the security and operation of ba.com
2.4 You must not re-submit content that you are aware has been removed.
2.5 You will be responsible for infringement on the copyright, moral rights, rights of privacy of any person depicted in a photograph, and the intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
3. Your personal information:
4. Further to paragraph 1 above, by submitting your photograph to Business Life.
4.1 warrant that your photograph is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Cedar Communications and BA for all the purposes specified above;
4.2 warrant that your photograph does not infringe any law.
4.3 agree to indemnify Cedar Communications and BA against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Cedar Communications and British Airways as a result of your breach of the above warranties; and
4.4 agree to waive any moral rights in your photographs for the purposes of its submission to and publication on babusinesslife.co.uk and for the purposes specified above.
5. Entries that are incomplete, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason will not be accepted. Any photos that we consider (in our absolute discretion) to be vulgar, offensive, indecent, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or others will be immediately removed. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
6. The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
7 We will not enter into any discussion on any platform about this competition.
8. These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Cedar Communications Ltd may disclose your information, under strict terms of confidentiality and restriction of use, to partners of Cedar Communications Ltd who supply services on behalf of Cedar Communications Ltd and who need to process personal data in the provision of such services. When you use Cedar Communications Ltd Magazines you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to Cedar Communications Ltd’s partners. Cedar Communications Ltd will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your express consent. However, under certain circumstances the force of law may require the provision of information to legal authorities. In order to maintain the integrity of its Magazine and safeguard the interests of its subscribers Cedar Communications Ltd will comply with any such legally binding request.
3. Information Collected
3.1. Identifiable information - Your information is collected when you register or fill in a form on a Cedar Communications Ltd magazine, or you send an email to Cedar Communications Ltd. The information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information. You may inform Cedar Communications Ltd at any time if you wish Cedar Communications Ltd to cease using your personal information.
3.2. Non identifiable information - Cedar Communications Ltd will from time to time collect information from you that does not reveal your personal identity. Cedar Communications Ltd uses this information for editorial purposes, and occasionally for other internal purposes. This information is only used in aggregate form and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information.
4. Use of personal information
Check with BA: Cedar Communications Ltd processes personal information for the purpose of providing a personalised service, conducting market research surveys, running competitions and providing you with information about products and services on offer. Cedar Communications Ltd may from time to time use your contact information to tell you about news or events provided by Cedar Communications Ltd or one of its strategic partners if you have opted-in to direct marketing. You may opt-out of receiving such mailings, either when you register with Cedar Communications Ltd or at any time afterwards.
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. They are used to identify you when you visit the site, and to make your use of the site more convenient for you. Cookies are used to remember usernames, passwords and preferences and to deliver a faster and more personalised service. We use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our Web site. This company may use information (not including your name and address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique ‘cookie’ or web beacon on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please click here.
If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer you can disable Cookies on your Internet browser. Turning them off however will mean that you will not be able to enjoy the Cedar Communications Ltd web sites to their fullest.
There are links on Cedar Communications Ltd web sites to third party web sites which Cedar Communications Ltd has no control over. Cedar Communications Ltd and / or British Airways accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party magazines. Cedar Communications Ltd advises you to carefully read 3rd party privacy statements prior to the use of any third party magazine.
7. International Transfers
Cedar Communications Ltd shall take steps to ensure that any transfer of data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal data than that provided under English law, shall be made subject to contractual arrangements which will require that your data be processed to at least a standard compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Magazine has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information under Cedar Communications Ltd 's control. However no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst Cedar Communications Ltd strives to protect your personal information, Cedar Communications Ltd cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once Cedar Communications Ltd receives the transmission, Cedar Communications Ltd makes best efforts to ensure the security on the system.
9. Contact Details
10. Children and parents