If you book flights directly with us, you deserve the very best deal. Which is exactly what you’ll get with our Best Price Guarantee.
If you book with us, but find a qualifying British Airways flight for less elsewhere and let us know on the same day as you book, we’ll give you a voucher for the difference. Even better: if you're a member of our Executive Club, we'll give you double the difference. Subject to Terms and Conditions below.
To be eligible for a best price guarantee claim your screenshot of the website should include as a minimum:
You may need to take more than one screenshot to capture all of this information.
Yes, you are required to show a full breakdown of the fare, with all passengers included.
Here's a helpful guide to taking a screenshot.
If the date or time are not shown in the bottom right hand corner of your screen please expand your task bar. This can be achieved by hovering your mouse until the pointer changes to a 2 sided arrow, click and drag the task bar up until the date and time are both revealed.
On BA.com you can find this information once you have selected your flight. Some travel agent websites also provide this information; this is often found once a flight has been selected and before you input your name and passport details.
We will respond to your claim within 2 business days. However it can take up to 28 days for a refund to be processed following the verification of the claim.
When comparing fares, we always compare the total price. This includes any credit/debit card charges and booking fees made by the online travel agent website. If a credit card has been used to make the booking on ba.com then the associated charges with that type of card are used in the comparison with the travel agent website.
1. To be eligible for a Best price guarantee refund (BPGR) offer you must have booked and made full payment for a Qualifying Flight(s) at ba.com using a credit or debit card or PayPal (where available). Bookings made using any Avios part-payment arrangement are excluded from being eligible for a BPGR.
2. To be eligible for a BPGR you must supply sufficient evidence of the Lower Online Fare in the form of a print out or screen shot of the fare quote page containing as a minimum: (a) date and time; (b) full itinerary including flight numbers; (c) full breakdown of the individual fare for each passenger including credit/debit card charges and booking fees; (d) the fare; (d) website name and logo, all to British Airways’ reasonable satisfaction; and (e) the fare rules and conditions, and any associated conditions that are applicable to the booking. You must also provide the fare conditions applicable to the Lower Online Fare. You should retain your print out until you have heard from British Airways that this is no longer required as proof. Evidence must (1) show that the Lower Online Fare was found on the same day as the ba.com booking and (2) be the same specification in all regards as your British Airways Qualifying Flight. A credit will be given for each ticket within a booking that meets the Terms and Conditions of the Best Price Guarantee and the booking will be considered as one claim.
3. If all the conditions set out are satisfied, and the refundable amount per booking is £100 (one hundred pounds sterling) or under, a voucher to the value of the difference between the purchase cost on ba.com and the cost of the Lower Online Fare will be credited to the holder of the credit or debit card or PayPal account that was used to pay for the Qualifying Flight at ba.com, within 48 hours of BA receiving the Claim form. If the refundable amount is greater than £100 (one hundred pounds sterling), a voucher to the value of the difference between the purchase cost on ba.com and the cost of the Lower Online Fare will be credited to the to the holder of the credit or debit card or PayPal account that was used to pay for the Qualifying Flight at ba.com, within 28 days of the claim having been verified by British Airways. The amount of the voucher may be rounded to the nearest £5, at BA's discretion. No cash or credit alternatives are available for this offer. Vouchers will be valid for 1 year from date of issue and can be used in full or part payment of flight bookings on ba.com or through your local British Airways contact centre. Use of any voucher is subject to voucher terms and conditions available at https://www.britishairways.com/travel/evoucher/public/en_gb.
4. Members of the British Airways Executive Club ("Members") will be eligible for twice the refundable amount of non-members provided the British Airways Executive Club Member is the lead name on the booking. When claiming under this paragraph 4, the maximum amount available to Members will be £200 total per claim, including any bonus amount granted. This bonus will not apply to any claims for £200 or more. A claim is calculated for the total value of all people within a booking that meet the criteria of the Best Price Guarantee and will not be calculated based on each individual ticket.
For example, if all the conditions are met, where a Member submits a valid claim for £100, a voucher for £200 would be issued. Where a Member submits a valid claim for £120, a voucher for £200 would be issued. However, where a Member submits a valid claim for £240, this would not be eligible for any bonus amount and a voucher for £240 would be issued.
To be eligible, Members must satisfy all the conditions set out in these terms and conditions and all applicable Avios and British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, Members who join the British Airways Executive Club after the date the claim is made will not be eligible for any increase in the refundable amount detailed in this paragraph.
5. Limited to one claim per booking and paid for in full at ba.com - i.e. bookings covering multiple passengers must be submitted as one claim and not separate claims for each passenger.
1. A Qualifying Flight means:
a. a one-way or return point-to-point flight only booking departing from the UK and operated by British Airways (including BA Cityflyer and Comair and OpenSkies but not a flight which is operated by any of our partner airlines such as American Airlines Iberia, Finnair and any others, full list here), in any class; or
b. a connecting flight where you have transferred from and are transferring to a flight operated by British Airways (including BA Cityflyer) where your departure country is the UK, in any class where the stop-over period does not exceed 24 hours; or
c. a flight which is not operated by any of our partner airlines such as American Airlines, Iberia, Finnair and any others. See the full list of our partner airlines here.
d. You will not be eligible for the BPGR if travel has been booked on a fully flexible ticket even if the flight would otherwise be considered a Qualifying Flight.
2. Return flights must originate and terminate in the same country. Point-to-point flights are those with the same BA flight number for the whole outbound or inbound journey. Flights on Sun-Air of Scandinavia, codeshare and alliance airlines, and any journey where the booking is made up of two or more carriers are not eligible for the BPGR. The operating airline is stated on the choose your flights page on ba.com, in the column labelled ‘Flight Operator’. Flights booked as holidays packages through British Airways Holidays are not eligible for the BPGR.
3. To be eligible for a BPGR you must have found a bona-fide fare on the same date that the Qualifying Flight was purchased on ba.com for a flight identical to the Qualifying Flight on a public point of sale travel website operated in the UK, other than at ba.com. A Qualifying Flight is purchased on the date that the full balance is paid.
4. The fare (including all taxes, fees and charges) plus any associated booking and card payment fees must be cheaper than the flight purchased through ba.com and must be for the same route, with each leg of the trip flown in the same order, for the same dates, for the same flight numbers, in the same class of travel, for the same type of ticket (including fare conditions such as whether tickets are/are not refundable or changeable and the cost of making such changes) and be sold over the internet in your country of departure, in the currency of the departure country, on the same calendar day (based on the local time of departure country) you purchased your ticket on ba.com (the “Lower Online Fare”). The website with the Lower Online Fare must provide capability to book that fare. Websites showing fares but not providing booking capability will not qualify for the BPGR. Comparisons will be made based on the same payment type as used on ba.com for payment. Where a payment method is not available on the website with the Lower Online Fare the comparison will be based on the nearest comparable payment method as determined by British Airways.
5. BPGR is only applicable to the first booking made; any subsequent changes to an itinerary or booking will not be eligible for a BPGR.
1. Best Price Guarantee does not apply where:
a. the flight booking is made as a part of a holidays booking provided by British Airways Holidays including hotels, car rental, sightseeing or experiences; or
b. the Lower Online Fare is offered under any promotion with a third party (including, but not limited to, promotions with newspapers, exhibitions or other special events); or
c. the Lower Online Fare makes use of fares that are not published and are not available to the general public. These include, but are not limited to: corporate discount fares, staff fares, consolidator fares, wholesaler fares, student fares, closed user group fares and fares where the carrier details are not known until after the purchase; or
d. the Lower Online Fare has been discounted by the online retailer by use of coupons, loyalty rewards, redemption of frequent flyer miles or similar and other offers or incentives to reduce the total cost; or
e. the Lower Online Fare is for a travel package with inclusive airfare; or
f. the difference in cost between the purchase on ba.com and the Lower Online Fare is the result of an error by the retailer of the Lower Online Fare; or
g. British Airways is unable to verify, using reasonable means, that the Lower Online Fare is available. This may be at any time within 2 business days of receiving your claim at the discretion of British Airways; or
h. you have exercised your right to a refund or have cancelled your booking before you apply for a BPGR. British Airways’ usual terms for cancellation and refunds apply.
1. Claims can only be accepted through the online form. No telephone BPGR claims will be accepted. Incomplete BPGR forms will be ineligible. Forms must be received by ba.com no later than midnight on the same day you purchased your flight(s) (based on local time of departure country). BA reserves the right to verify evidence of the Lower Online Fare available for purchase at the lower price. BA is not responsible for any BPGR forms which are not received or delayed in transmission.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure you have consent from all passengers within your party before you submit a BPGR claim.
3. To be eligible for a BPGR you must supply sufficient evidence of the Lower Online Fare in the form of a print out or screen shot of the fare quote page if required to British Airways’ reasonable satisfaction, along with the fare conditions applicable to the Lower Online Fare. You should retain your print out until you have heard from British Airways that this is no longer required as proof. Evidence must show that the Lower Online Fare was found on the same day as the ba.com booking. If the claim meets all the Terms and Conditions of Best Price Guarantee, a voucher to the value of the difference between the purchase cost on ba.com and the cost of the Lower Online Fare, will be credited to the holder of the credit or debit card that was used to pay for the booking at ba.com within 48 hours of the claim being received by British Airways where the claim is for £100 (one hundred pounds sterling) or less, and within 28 days of the claim having been verified by British Airways where the claim is for more than £100 (one hundred pounds sterling). Where a claim for more than £100 (one hundred pounds sterling) is verified, a confirmation email will be sent to the cardholder two days prior to the refund being made.
4. The voucher awarded for the difference between the purchase cost on ba.com and the total cost of the Lower Online Fare is the sole and exclusive compensation that will be made to qualified claimants who show that British Airways failed to meet the Best Price Guarantee. No cash or credit alternatives are available for this offer.
The information that you provide to us will only be used to provide you with your BPGR or to discuss your BPGR request with you. We will destroy this information within 6 months. British Airways will not share your personal information with third parties outside the British Airways Group of companies.
1. British Airways is the final authority on interpretation of these rules.
2. British Airways reserves the right to terminate or amend this offer at any time without notice.
For further questions, information or clarification, the Best Price Guarantee team will be in contact following the submission of your claim.