This sophisticated hotel, notable for its famous clocktower, is set close to the Old Town, New Town, Princes Street and Waverley Station in Edinburgh. The Balmoral has a Michelin star restaurant, lavish afternoon teas and a superb spa.
The building is a city landmark – an old Victorian railway hotel updated for the modern age, with a tea room and deluxe services: laundry, valet parking and room service. Luxurious guest rooms have modern amenities, including Nespresso coffee makers, Scottish tea, dressing gowns and slippers. Upgrade to an executive or deluxe room to enjoy city views, or the superior deluxe with garden and castle views. If you upgrade to a suite you can enjoy a magnificent fire place.
Families are especially welcome here, with a range of kids’ facilities, such as babysitting, special meals, books, films and games. The hotel also caters for little ones with baby meals, kids’ linens and child-sized robes and slippers. While the children are busy, adults can enjoy the award-winning spa, with Rocco Forte Rituals and ESPA treatments, in addition to the 15-metre lap pool, sauna, steam room and gym.
For a true British experience, try an afternoon tea at Palm Court or indulge in a local tipple at the Scotch Bar, which serves up to 400 whiskeys. You can also dine in style at the Michelin star restaurant or try French delicacies in the brasserie.
1 Princes St
Normal Check-in: 15:00
Normal Check-out: 12:00
0.2 mi / 0.3 km from city centre
- 1 Pool
- Health club
- Massage services
- Coffee shop
- Exercise gym
- Internet services
- Off-Site parking
- Baby sitting
- Indoor pool
- Safe deposit box
- Concierge desk
- Ironing board
- Room service
- Currency exchange
- 3 Lounges/bars
- Onsite laundry
- 3 Restaurant
• Two complimentary bottles of Mineral Water per day
• Complimentary use of The Balmoral Spa with pool, fitness centre, Finnish Sauna and Turkish Steam room
• Daily newspaper.
• Number One - Michelin-starred for 16 consecutive years. Modern Scottish cuisine with works from the Royal College of Art. Open for dinner only
• Brasserie Prince by Alain Roux - an informal, lively brasserie with views of Arthur's Seat. Seasonal Scottish favourites, classic dishes, pre-theatre and children's menus
• Palm Court - award-winning afternoon tea, cakes and Champagne, accompanied by live harp music. Open all day
• Brasserie Prince Bar - Edinburgh's finest cocktail bar serves classics with a twist, light meals, bar snacks as well as a popular Seasonal Cocktail Tasting Menu
• The Gallery - a perfect space to enjoy a quiet drink, a sweet treat or a warming cup of Balmoral blended tea
• Scotch Whisky Bar - let our Whisky Ambassadors guide you through over 400 Whisky varieties, including our own 10 year old single malt, each accompanied by a specially selected snack.
# night(s) ---