1. This offer is available to ‘Eligible New Account holders’ only. Eligible New Account holders are those who:(1) did not previously hold any of CIBC FirstCaribbean’s Visa Rewards or British Airways products; or (2) previously held a CIBC FirstCaribbean Visa Rewards or British Airways product but the account was closed in excess of 6 months before the new application date.
2. This offer is only available in the following territories: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Turks and Caicos Islands
3. All applications for credit cards are subject to full CIBC FirstCaribbean credit adjudication and approval policies. To the extent permitted by law, every person who participates in the Promotion has agreed to waive any right he/she may have against CIBC FirstCaribbean and its officers, servants, employees, representatives, and/or agents (including without limitation, any third party service providers that CIBC FirstCaribbean may engage for the purposes of the Promotion) in respect of any loss or damage howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the Promotion even if CIBC FirstCaribbean has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance.
4. All eligible New Account holders will receive a one-time award of 10,000 bonus Avios to their British Airways Visa Platinum product and the applicable joining fee will be waived. An additional 20,000 Avios will be awarded if the new card is activated and purchases totalling at least $2,000 USD is posted to the account within 90 days from the date the account was opened. Avios will be applied to the accounts of each Eligible Account holder within eight (8) weeks of the Visa British Airways Platinum Product being activated and spend totalling at least $2,000 USD or the local equivalent within 90 days from the date the account was opened by the Eligible New Account holder.
5. To view Avios, customers with British Airways Platinum credit cards should log on to ba.com and complete registration.
6. Earn 2 Avios per $1USD spent on British Airways and British Airways Holidays, 1.25 Avios per $1USD on Transactions, including online which occur outside of the country of card issued, and 1 Avios per $1USD spent on all other qualifying net purchases when you use your CIBC FirstCaribbean British Airways Visa Platinum credit card. Avios are earned on qualifying net purchases only; they are not earned on cash advances (including balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), government fees, payments, taxes, utilities or other fees charged to the Card account. If the Card Account is in a delinquent status Avios will not be earned with the Card although Avios earned through the Executive Club will still apply. Avios earned with the FirstCaribbean British Airways Visa Credit Card will not be credited toward Executive Club tier level progression or retention. If you receive a credit on the Card Account for a qualifying purchase that earned Avios, the Avios earned will be deducted from your BAEC membership account. If the deduction would result in a negative balance of Avios then no Avios will be applied to the your BAEC membership account until you have performed sufficient qualifying purchases to earn the number of Avios equal to the negative balance. Where applicable, Avios are awarded based on the USD dollar equivalent of foreign currency purchase transactions. Avios is not refundable, transferable, and has no cash value. Please allow up to 8 weeks after transactions are processed to your credit card account for the Avios to be posted to your British Airways Executive Club account.
7. Valid for new bookings only made by residents of the Caribbean paying in USD using a valid British Airways Visa card issued by CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank for travel commencing from British Airways Caribbean gateways to London and beyond. Cardholder must travel to qualify for the applicable cabin discount. In order to take part in this promotion, eligible participants must log in at ba.com/cibcfcib using their Executive Club username and PIN and make a roundtrip booking between now and 31 December 2018. A US$50 discount in World Traveller, US$100 discount in World Traveller Plus, US$200 discount in Club World, or US$400 discount in First class is valid on the roundtrip fare (excluding taxes, fees and carrier charges) on mainline flights operated by British Airways purchased between now and 31 December 2018 only. Outbound travel must commence by 31 December 2018. The applicable cabin discount will appear during the final payment page. Discount is not valid for flights on code share or franchise carriers. Open jaw bookings are eligible for only one discount. All rules of roundtrip fare purchased apply, including advance purchase, minimum stay, weekend-add-ons, and cancellation/refund rules. Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Fares not purchased at ba.com/cibcfcib do not qualify for discount. The applicable discount applies for up to eight passengers booked on the same British Airways flight. Cardholder must travel to qualify for the applicable cabin discount. Refunds from previously purchased fare types not permitted. Discount not combinable with any other offer and is taken off valid, published fares only and subject to availability. Not all cabin classes are available at each gateway. Offer subject to British Airways fare rules and conditions of contract available on ba.com. Offer may be limited or withdrawn at any time without advance notice. Other significant restrictions may apply. Newly enrolled Executive Club members, please allow 24 hours to use the promotion code. British Airways gateways from the Caribbean include: Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and Trinidad and Tobago. Discounted fare is reflected by the red "discount" shown above the price.
8. For full Terms and Conditions visit part-payment.
9. To qualify for the standard Avios award and all bonus Avios awards, rentals must include the British Airways Executive Club membership number of the first named driver (the “renter”). This Executive Club card number must be given at time of reservation and the card shown at time of rental. Qualifying rentals must either be pre-paid using a participating British Airways co-brand finance card (via ba.com, Avis, British Airways Call Centers or Avis Call Centers) or if a pay-later reservation has been made, the rental must be paid for at the rental location when the car is returned using a participating British Airways co-brand finance card. Only payment for rentals will qualify for the bonus. Separate payment for non-rental items such as ancillaries, damages, fines will not qualify for the Avios bonus. If the rental value is subsequently refunded by the British Airways co-brand finance card, the 250 bonus Avios will be debited from the Executive Club member’s account. The awarding of Avios may take up to 8 weeks from date of rental. All Avios issued are subject to Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. For full Terms and Conditions please visit Avis.
10. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) Member (membership Terms and Conditions apply). By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept these Terms and Conditions. To be eligible for this promotion, members must enrol with Kaligo.com at Kaligo using their email address, select British Airways Executive Club Avios as their earning preference when making the necessary reservation. All Kaligo.com Terms and Conditions apply. See full Terms and Conditions on Kaligo/terms. Offer available for all bookings made between March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2019 for stays from March 1, 2017 to August 31, 2019 inclusive (“Promotional Period”). All hotels and rates offered by Kaligo are eligible. 25% more Avios offer is applicable for stays booked and completed at all hotels at any rate as long as checkout is made with an eligible British Airways Visa Platinum Credit Card. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, i.e. from check-in to check-out irrespective of the length of stay. Offer may be applied to one standard guest room per stay, Eligible Participant, based on double occupancy during the Promotional Period. There is no maximum on the number of stays per Eligible Participant during the Promotional Period. Offer is subject to availability; Advanced reservation is required. BAEC membership number must be entered during checkout on Kaligo.com at the time of booking. Reservations can be made online at Kaligo. Bookings need to be guaranteed by advance payments. Bonus Avios is non-redeemable for cash. Bonus Avios is issued subject to BAEC Terms and Conditions. Bonus Avios will be credited to the Eligible Participant’s BAEC account within 4-6 weeks of the stay. Base Avios will be earned for each paid stay during the Promotional Period in addition to the 25% more Avios. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or Kaligo offer or promotion. The promoters reserve the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
11. The CIBC logo is a trademark of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, used by FirstCaribbean International Bank under license.