This iconic hotel has been open for over a century and now boasts a Michelin star restaurant, William Restaurant. Set in botanical gardens and with traditional British decor, this property is a luxurious old world hotel. It has played host to famous past guests including Winston Churchill and allows you to absorb Funchal Bay views, while sipping a famous afternoon tea.
Enjoy personal touches from the moment you check in, with the receptionist accompanying you to your room to show you around. The traditional British style of Belmond Reid's Palace gives an old feel to this luxurious resort and it is known for its Afternoon Tea, perfect to enjoy while taking in the bay views.
Relax in your cosy room and make use of the modern facilities such as free WiFi to stay in touch with loved ones at home. Relax in your bathrobe and slippers, while enjoying a free soft drink from the replenished minibar. Upgrade to a deluxe room for more space, and being set in a better location they offer views over the botanical gardens or out to the ocean.
Start your day with breakfast with a view in the Garden Room, then enjoy drinks and snacks through the day at Pool Terrace. A choice of dining restaurants provide a mix of local and Italian cuisine. Theme nights, from Champagne gala dinners to dinner dances are available for those classy nights. Try a daily special, such as scrambled eggs or enjoy a fresh hot item made to order.
The Afternoon Tea is one of the highlights of this property. A popular choice with guests, you need to book in advance to take advantage of this selection of freshly baked pastries, complimented by a selection of teas. Accompany this with a glass of Champagne and take in the views of the hotel and gardens from your terrace location.
Wander down the steps from the pool area and enjoy the lido, with comfortable sun loungers to enjoy the weather and top up the tan. A small kids pool and kids club are ideal distractions for the younger guests while you relax and soak up the sun.
The more modern feeling spa provides pampering treatments and sea views. Try one of the day or week programmes with brands including La Prairie and Ytsara. Relax for each treatment on your own private terrace with sea views, creating the perfect environment to unwind.
Another great way to relax and enjoy this resort is exploring the botanical gardens that surround it. Take in the beauty of nature and enjoy the sunshine, with views over Funchal. Or take a walk in to the town and experience a bit of local food and shopping.
Estrada Monumental, 139
Normal Check-in: 14:00
Normal Check-out: 12:00
0.9 mi / 1.4 km from city centre
Room types and facilities
Total Number of Rooms - 163
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) and queen(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Bathtub/shower combination, Private bathroom, Satellite television, Air conditioning, Minibar, Television
Sleeps 3, Bed Type: King(s) and queen(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Bathtub/shower combination, Private bathroom, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Minibar, Television
Sleeps 3, Bed Type: King(s) and queen(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Bathtub/shower combination, Private bathroom, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) and queen(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Bathtub/shower combination, Private bathroom, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Television
- 3 Pool
- Health club
- Massage services
- Pool Bar
- Game room
- Aerobics instruction
- Exercise gym
- Non-smoking rooms (generic)
- 1 Children's pool
- Internet services
- Off-Site parking
- Tennis court
- Hair dryer
- Kids Club
- On-Site parking
- Outdoor pool
- Baby sitting
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Business center
- Concierge desk
- Beauty shop/salon
- Laundry/Valet service
- Room service
- Currency exchange
- 2 Lounges/bars
- Onsite laundry
- 6 Restaurant
• THE DINING ROOM - treat yourself to an unforgettable culinary journey. This chic restaurant reflects the history and glamour of Belmond Reid's Palace. Magnificent pillars and crystal chandeliers create a dazzling elegant decor. On Tuesday evenings there is a weekly dinner dance and on Saturdays you can indulge in a sparkling feast at the Champagne Gala Buffet
• THE WILLIAM RESTAURANT - a Michelin star restaurant offering a creative approach on modern European food, where contemporary cuisine meets Madeiran products to create seasonal food of the highest quality. Led by Luis Pestana, Executive Chef of Belmond Reid's Palace and supervised by the Michelin Star Chef Joachim Koerper
• RISTORANTE VILLA CIPRIANI - offering a slice of Italian life on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. This famed restaurant features an open-air terrace and stunning sea-views from the hotel's hill-top location. Named as one of the top ten best restaurants in Portugal
• COCKTAIL BAR - sip a mouth-watering Mojito or sample the local Madeira wine. The perfect place for a stylish aperitif, or simply wind down and plan your next adventure
• BRISA DO MAR - for the true romantic, choose the wonderful starlit dining experience at Brisa Do Mar. The menu bristles with regional specialities and incredible views will be the talking point. Open from June to September
• LES FAUNES - one of the signature restaurants, it offers an extensive gourmet menu served against a backdrop of spectacular panoramic views. Open from October to May
• POOL TERRACE - swap a sun lounger for a deckchair and enjoy a light lunch or thirst quenching refreshment. An extensive hot and cold buffet lunch with delicious daily specials is served, with light snacks and drinks available throughout the day. Hours vary depending on season
• GARDEN ROOM - Champagne breakfast daily
• TEA TERRACE - afternoon tea daily.