The tour starts in the capital of San Jose and ends in the tropical paradise of Guanacaste, for a total of 14 nights and 15 days of eco-adventure.
On arrival in Costa Rica, a CRT representative will provide the arrival transfer from Juan Santa Maria International Airport to your hotel in San Jose. No meals are included.
Enjoy a delicious breakfast and tour of the plantation at Doka Coffee Estate – learn the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce some of the best coffee in Costa Rica. Continue to Poas Volcano National Park to admire the impressive main crater and learn about the different ecosystems. Then move on to the La Paz Waterfall Garden for lunch and a tour – make sure you walk the trail, which leads to a spectacular waterfall in the middle of the rainforest. Then, spend the evening at leisure. Breakfast and lunch included.
After an early ground transfer to the dock, you will board a boat and travel through the canals to the breathtaking Tortuguero National Park (taking approx. two hours). Spend the afternoon at leisure – experience the local culture, visit some of the area's wonderful natural attractions, walk the nature trails or just relax in a hammock. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Spend the day enjoying the programmed activities at Tortuguero Jungle Lodge. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Take a boat transfer through one of Tortuguero’s many tributary rivers to Guápiles – followed by a shuttle transfer to Arenal, where the almighty Arenal Volcano dominates the rolling landscape. Spend the evening at leisure. Breakfast and lunch included.
Immerse yourself in the lush surroundings of the majestic Arenal Volcano on a half-day excursion to Arenal Volcano National Park. Then, spend the afternoon at leisure. Breakfast included.
Spend the day at leisure in the La Fortuna Area – optional excursions include a Visit to Thermal Hot Springs, CULTOUR Casona Rio Fortuna, Arenal Hanging Bridges, Chocolate Tour, La Fortuna Waterfall Nature Hike and Rio Celeste Excursion. Breakfast included.
A transfer will transport you from Arenal to Papagayo, on the North Pacific Coast – an area known for its pristine beaches and tropical landscape. Breakfast included.
Day 9 - 13:
Spend a few days at leisure to enjoy the hotel facilities and the beach. Breakfast included. Or, choose from the following North Pacific Coast optional excursions - Palo Verde National Park Boat Tour, Sunset Cruise, Buena Vista Adventure & Relaxing Combo, Beach Tour and Nicaragua Volcanos & Colonial City.
Pick up an afternoon transfer back to San Jose. Make farewell dinner reservations in San Jose - Actitud Buenos Aires Argentinean Restaurant, Café Mundo Restaurant and Mirador Tiquicia Traditional Restaurant come recommended. Breakfast included.
Spend the day in San Jose – optional half-day excursions include a San Jose City Tour and Irazu Volcano National Park. Breakfast included.
Tentaciones de Costa Rica S.A.
Trading as CRT Team, PAVAS
120.1 mi / 193.7 km from city centre
Room types and facilities
Sleeps 3, Bed Type: Double(s)
- Free airport shuttle
14 night Highlights of Costa Rica Tour including Guanacaste Beaches includes:
• Two nights in a Standard room at Holiday Inn San Jose Escazu Hotel or similar in San Jose
• Two nights in a Riverview Downstairs room at Tortuga Lodge or similar in Tortuguero
• Three nights in a Standard room at Lost Iguana Resort & Spa or similar in Arenal
• Six nights in a Bark or Nesto Suite room at El Mangroove Boutique Hotel by Autograph Collection or similar in Guanacaste
• One night in a Standard room at Holiday Inn San Jose Escazu Hotel or similar in San José
• Private arrival airport transfer from Airport to Hotel in San Jose (guided)
• Shared ground and boat transfer from San Jose to Tortuguero area
• Shared boat and ground transfer from Tortuguero to Arenal area
• Shuttle shared transfer from Arenal to North Pacific Coast area
• Shuttle shared transfer from North Pacific to San Jose
• Shared departure airport transfer from San Jose hotel to international airport
Seat in coach/shuttle transportation with several stops on route to pick up and drop off passengers.
• Departure Airport Taxes $29.00 per person - to be paid on departure at Juan Santamaría International Airport
• Meals or activities not specified on the itinerary
• Entrance fee to Tortuguero Town & Caribbean Conservation Corporation (USD2pp)
• Entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park (USD15pp) & Turtle Museum (USD2pp)
• Entrance fee for Tortuguero Canals Boat Tortuguero (USD15pp)
• Tips for guides and drivers
• Optional Turtle Nesting Tour (Seasonal – charges may apply locally)
• International flights.
• Reaching Tortuguero involves traveling by boat and therefore luggage is restricted to a maximum allotment of 25 pounds (12 Kg) per person.
• Additional luggage can be stored by the Tortuguero Hotel on route, and picked up two days after on the return.
# night(s) ---