What are the best things to do in Malaga & Costa del Sol?
1. Wander around the vibrant, edgy and newly revitalised art district of Soho. This is home to MAUS, the Malaga street art project that sees the streets splashed with 25 metre high murals.
2. Experience the epitome of Andalusian cuisine at El Pimpi. Set in a charming 18th century former residence decorated with oak-stained barrels it offers a terrace affording fine views of the Alcazaba.
3. Delve deep underground into the Cueva de Nerja, an extraordinary complex of multi-coloured, five million year-old caverns unearthed only in the 1950s, featuring stalactites and stalagmites reminiscent of a giant cathedral.
4. Spot the glitterati while lounging around on a plush day-bed at Marbella’s exclusive beach club Nikki Beach. This prime open air venue is decorated lavishly with its signature all-white decor. Enjoy the foot tapping tunes, stunning views and relaxed vibe.
5. Scale the 200 steps of Malaga Cathedral for panoramic views of the city. Affectionately known by locals as ‘la manquita’ (or ‘one armed lady’) due to a lopsided appearance owing to its lack of a second tower, the building is rich with Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance influences.
Which holiday type in Malaga & Costa del Sol is right for me?
If you’re searching for a Fuengirola beach hotel we recommend the Higueron Hotel Malaga, Curio Collection by Hilton. This five-star, adults only hotel affords glorious Mediterranean views from its towering vantage point, along with a Michelin-starred restaurant and an exclusive rooftop bar that’s open year-round.
Perhaps the best Benalmadena hotel is the Hotel Las Arenas Affiliated by Meliá. Set in the heart of Benalmadena, it offers a great location if you want to get out and explore the area. Its rooftop bar is equally popular for its prime views of the surrounding landscape.
When it comes to cheap hotels in Malaga, you can’t go far wrong with the Sol Principe. This four-star, family hotel in Torremolinos has a huge pool area and is located directly across the coastal road from the beach.
Most Malaga hotels come with a pool. We recommend the Puente Romano Beach Resort. This member of the Leading Hotels of the World is styled to resemble a classic Andalusian village. It offers a Six Senses Spa and a choice of 14 restaurants.
When it comes to five-star hotels in Malaga check out the Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa. This offers close proximity to the famous Nikki Beach Club, extensive gardens and a kids’ club.
For all-inclusive Marbella holidays try the Iberostar Selection Marbella Coral Beach. Situated close to Puerto Banus, this hotel has an all-inclusive option and features sublime sea views.