The Xara Palace, a family run, exclusive boutique hotel is a popular celebrity retreat due to its peaceful surroundings. Offering spectacular panoramic views over the island and out to sea, it is a landmark in Mdina and the only hotel within its walls.
This historic building still retains the time-honoured character for which it is famed both locally and abroad. You will feel part of an intimate and secluded yet eclectic atmosphere. Explore the hotels own art gallery and arrange workshops with local artists.
The individually designed rooms, each with splendid romantic decor, are decorated with original paintings by Maltese and international artists, as well as antique tapestries and furnishings.
The hotels staff endeavour to honour their commitment to meet and exceed your expectations, allowing The Xara Palace to remain peerless in its field as Malta's most exclusive, boutique hotel.
The signature restaurant de Mondion has been voted the top castle restaurant and offers stunning views during a fine dining experience in both the summer and winter.
Misrah Il- Kunsill
Normal Check-in: 15:00
Normal Check-out: 12:00
Room types and facilities
Total Number of Rooms - 17
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) and double(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Bathtub/shower combination, Private bathroom, Trouser/Pant press, Satellite television, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Refrigerator, Television
DELUXE WITH PANORAMIC VIEW
Sleeps 2, Bed Type: King(s) and double(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Private bathroom, Trouser/Pant press, Satellite television, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Refrigerator, Television
DELUXE SUITE WITH TERRACE JACUZZI
Sleeps 4, Bed Type: King(s) and double(s) Balcony/Lanai/Terrace, In Room Movies, Bathtub/shower combination, Private bathroom, Trouser/Pant press, Ceiling fan, Satellite television, Separate Shower, Air conditioning, Separate Bath, Minibar, Refrigerator, Television
Sleeps 3, Bed Type:
Sleeps 3, Bed Type:
- 1 Pool
- Massage services
- Pool Bar
- Exercise gym
- Non-smoking rooms (generic)
- Internet services
- Off-Site parking
- Hair dryer
- Outdoor pool
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Complimentary in-room coffee or tea
- Concierge desk
- Ironing board
- Laundry/Valet service
- Room service
- Currency exchange
- 1 Lounges/bars
- 2 Restaurant
• The pool is situated at an alternative property thats is part of The Xara Properties, The Xara Lodge, which is situated on the outskirts of Rabat just five minutes away by car. Transfers are provided with compliments of the hotel at your convenience. Pool towels and deckchairs are available at the pool at no additional cost. A pool bar is also available that has a light menu
• A sauna is available, pre-booking is advised
• Spa Treatments in the privacy of the room at an additional charge
• Scuba Diving, cycling, golf, sailing and other activities are available externally
• Playground is available 100 metres away from the hotel, just before the entrance of Mdina.
• de Mondion Restaurant - award-winning fine dining is taken to a new level by Executive Chef Kevin Bonello. Only the freshest and highest quality ingredients are sourced, complimented by the panoramic views of the island from the restaurant's bastion terraces
• The Trattoria AD 1530 - situated in one of the old squares of Mdina, the Trattoria's idyllic location is simply perfect for al fresco dining. An equally charming ambience is available for indoor dining. The menu provides a wide selection of salads, pasta dishes, pizzas, fish and meat main courses, sandwiches, traditional platters and mouth-watering desserts and ice creams. A good selection of wines and trendy cocktails are also available.
• The Medina Restaurant – showcasing local produce, the restaurant is located just off Mdina’s main Cathedral square. Marvel at the original Norman residence, with a pretty internal courtyard and classic style garden.
# night(s) ---