Cabin Upgrade Voucher Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to Cabin Upgrade Vouchers issued to customers with a Barclays Premier Banking or Wealth account who are part of the Barclays Avios Rewards programme (“Barclays Avios Rewards”) with effect from February 2021 and customers with a Barclaycard Avios Card and Barclaycard Avios Plus Card ("Cards") with effect from February 2022.
Barclays Avios Rewards Customers
- To be eligible to earn the Cabin Upgrade Voucher, you must be both a Member of the British Airways Executive Club (a “Member”) and a customer of Barclays Avios Rewards. You must remain a Member in order to redeem your Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- Your Cabin Upgrade Voucher will be issued to the British Airways Executive Club account linked to your nominated account for Barclays Avios Rewards within five working days of your Barclays Avios Rewards anniversary which is defined as 12 monthly payments for Barclays Avios Rewards.
- You are entitled to earn a maximum of one (1) Cabin Upgrade Voucher per 12-month anniversary of Barclays Avios Rewards being linked to your nominated account.
Barclaycard Avios and Barclaycard Avios Plus Cardholders
- To be eligible to earn the Cabin Upgrade Voucher, you must be both a Member of the British Airways Executive Club (a “Member”) and be the main account holder (a “Cardholder”) within a Barclaycard Avios or Avios Plus Card account (“Card Account”). You must remain a Member in order to redeem your Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- Authorised users to the main Cardholder’s Barclaycard Avios or Avios Plus Card are not eligible to receive a Cabin Upgrade Voucher. Any amount spent by an authorised user will count towards the main Cardholders spend target.
- To be entitled to receive a Cabin Upgrade Voucher the Cardholder must have reached their required spend target within a 12 month period ending each year on the anniversary of their Card Account start date (e.g. if a Cardmember opens a Card Account on 1 September 2021 then they must have reached their spend target by 31 August 2022 so that they can begin earning towards their next Voucher on 1 September 2022). Anniversary date details can be on the Barclays or Barclaycard App. The spend target varies depending on which Card the Cardholder has:
Barclaycard Avios Card - £20,000
Barclaycard Avios Plus Card - £10,000
To view qualifying transactions, please refer to the Barclaycard Avios Reward Rules.
- Only one Cabin Upgrade Voucher can be earned in any 12-month period. If the Cardholder reaches their spend target within 12 months of their Card Account start date, then further spend will not accumulate towards another Cabin Upgrade Voucher. Cardholders can begin earning towards their next Cabin Upgrade Voucher after their 12-month Card Account anniversary date. When the Cardholder has reached their spend target an e-voucher will be added to their British Airways Executive Club account within five working days.
All Barclays Avios Rewards and Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus customers
- A Cabin Upgrade Voucher is an e-voucher that entitles you to a cabin upgrade for two passengers on a one-way journey or one passenger on a return or one-way trip, when you make a reward flight booking (“Cabin Upgrade Voucher”). Airline taxes, fees and carrier charges must be paid on all tickets booked. Outbound travel must have commenced before the expiry date on the Cabin Upgrade Voucher. You may redeem your Cabin Upgrade Voucher for journeys consisting of multiple sectors, however where an upgrade is not available for all sectors and you choose to redeem your Cabin Upgrade Voucher, you will not be entitled to reuse or partially use the Cabin Upgrade Voucher for future bookings.
- A Cabin Upgrade Voucher will be valid for 24 months from the date of issue which will be visible in the e-Voucher section of your British Airways Executive Club account. To use your Cabin Upgrade Voucher, your booking must be made, and travel must have commenced within 24 months following the date of issue, after which the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will expire and cannot be replaced or extended. When using your Cabin Upgrade Voucher on a multi-sector trip which includes a domestic connecting flight, the final leg of outbound travel must have commenced within 24 months following the date of issue.
- The Cabin Upgrade Voucher must be used at the point of booking a flight through the British Airways Executive Club account. It is not possible to amend an existing booking to utilise the Cabin Upgrade Voucher and nor can a Cabin Upgrade Voucher be redeemed at the airport.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers can only be used for British Airways flight-only itineraries with departures from the United Kingdom, and are available for British Airways mainline and British Airways CityFlyer franchise operated flights issued with a British Airways flight number only. Partner and code-share flights are excluded and will not be eligible for the Cabin Upgrade Voucher, including SUN-AIR and Comair.
- A Cabin Upgrade Voucher enables you to upgrade your booking by one cabin class (where available). For example:
a. From economy (Euro Traveller) to business (Club Europe)
b. From economy (World Traveller) to premium economy (World Traveller Plus); or
c. From premium economy (World Traveller Plus) to business (Club World)
- Bookings cannot be upgraded to a First Cabin using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- In order to be eligible for an upgrade using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher, bookings must be reward flight bookings, paid for using full Avios redemption where you pay with your Avios plus a cash amount for taxes, fees and carrier charges. There must be availability in the cabin class you want to upgrade to for such reward flight booking. Members must pay for the base cabin in Avios. Bookings paid for using ‘Avios and Money’, ‘Pay with Avios’ and full cash bookings are excluded and will not be eligible for an upgrade using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- Airline taxes, fees and charges, or Reward Flight Saver (“RFS”) cost if applicable, must be paid on all tickets booked at the time of booking. The member will be personally responsible for any tax payable for them as a result of this offer. Members who upgrade their journey using the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will have to pay airline taxes, fees and charges or RFS costs applicable to the cabin class that the Member upgrades to. For more information on RFS visit ba.com.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers can be used on both short haul and long haul Reward Flights.
- The Barclays Avios Rewards customer or Cardholder to whom the Cabin Upgrade Voucher was awarded must be the person to make the booking using a Cabin Upgrade Voucher. The Member does not have to be the person to travel to use the Cabin Upgrade Voucher.
- A Member can use up to two (2) Cabin Upgrade Vouchers issued under their Barclays Avios Rewards or Card for any one booking.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be pooled across British Airways Executive Club Household Accounts and must be redeemed personally by the Member who earned the Cabin Upgrade Voucher. Household Account members who earn a Cabin Upgrade Voucher are subject to the applicable Household Account redemption rules detailed in the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Please visit ba.com for more information.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any offer, nor can they be exchanged for cash or credit and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be used in combination with any other vouchers a Member may hold that haven’t been earned with Barclays.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers cannot be used on British Airways Holidays bookings where the flights are included within the holiday package.
- Rules of the ticket are governed by the original fare paid. In the case of Reward tickets, standard redemption rules apply. Please visit ba.com for more information.
- If you cancel a booking made using a Cabin Upgrade Voucher, the rules of the original ticket apply. If a cancellation is made more than 24 hours before departure, the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will be re-issued to the Member’s British Airways Executive Club account for the remainder of its original validity which is 24 months from the date of issue. If travel using a Cabin Upgrade Voucher is cancelled within 24 hours of travel, the Cabin Upgrade Voucher will not be re-issued to the Member’s British Airways Executive Club account.
- If an upgraded booking contains an infant travelling on an infant fare, the infant will automatically be upgraded with the adult on the booking. Child fares will be subject to the same rules as adult fares.
- Use of the Cabin Upgrade Voucher and/or Avios is made in accordance with the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Please visit ba.com for more information.
- Cabin Upgrade Vouchers are not an entitlement to travel and are subject to reward flight availability which is not guaranteed.
- To view your Cabin Upgrade Voucher/s, please visit ‘Manage my Executive Club’ on ba.com and view ‘My eVouchers’.
- Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. British Airways and Barclays reserve the right to refuse to issue or honour any Cabin Upgrade Voucher in the event that the customer is in breach of the terms of Barclays Avios Rewards, Card account and/or British Airways Executive Club membership.
- All bookings under this promotion will be covered by the fare rules of the original fare. This includes any applicable refund and change fees. All refunds are subject to the fare rules for the class of ticket booked. Fare rules and conditions appear in your booking details when you access your booking on ba.com through the ‘Manage my booking’ functionality.
- All Passengers are carried by British Airways in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided.
- British Airways and Avios Group (AGL) Limited is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party website or homepage access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions of this promotion.
- British Airways and Avios Group (AGL) Limited’s failure to enforce any clause of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that promotion.
- These Terms and Conditions of the Cabin Upgrade Voucher may be changed by British Airways and Avios Group (AGL) Limited at any time.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
- Promotional materials form a part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotion materials.
- This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.