Skip to Navigation
Collect 10,000 bonus Avios with the CIBC FirstCaribbean British Airways Visa Platinum Credit Card
Successfully apply for the CIBC FirstCaribbean British Airways Visa Platinum credit card and collect 10,000 bonus Avios, when you activate and make a first purchase on your card.
Collect Avios everyday
- Collect 10,000 welcome bonus Avios when you activate your card1
- Collect 2 Avios for every USD$1 spent on British Airways2
- Collect 1.25 Avios for every USD$1 spent on international purchases2
- Collect 1 Avios for every USD$1 spent on other purchases2
Additional travel benefits
New to the Executive Club?
If you're not an Executive Club Member already, we’ll automatically enrol you into the Club when you get your British Airways Visa Card. You’ll then be able to collect even more Avios on British Airways flights, holidays, selected car rentals and hotels as well as through other British Airways Executive Club partners.
Looking for a Business Card?
If you're looking for a credit card that will allow you and your employees to save on future flights then the CIBC FirstCaribbean British Airways Visa Business Credit Card may be for your business. All the benefits of the Visa Business card with the additional advantage of earning Avios.
Show allHide allshowhideexpandedcollapsed
Terms and Conditions
- 1This offer is available to ‘Eligible New Account holders’ only. Eligible New Account holders are those who: (1) did not previously hold any of CIBC FirstCaribbean’s Visa Rewards or British Airways products; or (2) previously held a CIBC FirstCaribbean Visa Rewards or British Airways product but the account was closed in excess of 6 months before the new application date.
- This offer is only available in the following territories: Antigua & Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Turks and Caicos Islands.
All eligible New Account holders will receive a one-time award of 10,000 bonus Avios to their British Airways Visa Platinum product when the new card is activated.
- All applications for credit cards are subject to full CIBC FirstCaribbean credit adjudication and approval policies. To the extent permitted by law, every person who participates in the Promotion has agreed to waive any right he/she may have against CIBC FirstCaribbean and its officers, servants, employees, representatives, and/or agents (including without limitation, any third party service providers that CIBC FirstCaribbean may engage for the purposes of the Promotion) in respect of any loss or damage howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the Promotion even if CIBC FirstCaribbean has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance.
- Avios will be applied to the accounts of each Eligible Account holder within eight (8) weeks of the Visa British Airways Platinum Product being activated by the Eligible New Account holder.
- To view bonus Avios, customers with British Airways Platinum credit cards should log on to ba.com.
- 2Earn 2 Avios per $1USD spent on British Airways and British Airways Holidays, 1.25 Avios per $1USD on Transactions, including online which occur outside of the country of card issued, and 1 Avios per $1USD spent on all other qualifying net purchases when you use your CIBC FirstCaribbean British Airways Visa Platinum credit card. Avios are earned on qualifying net purchases only; they are not earned on cash advances (including balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), government fees, payments, taxes, utilities or other fees charged to the Card account. If the Card Account is in a delinquent status Avios will not be earned with the Card although Avios earned through the Executive Club will still apply. Avios earned with the FirstCaribbean British Airways Visa Credit Card will not be credited toward Executive Club tier level progression or retention. If you receive a credit on the Card Account for a qualifying purchase that earned Avios, the Avios earned will be deducted from your BAEC membership account. If the deduction would result in a negative balance of Avios then no Avios will be applied to the your BAEC membership account until you have performed sufficient qualifying purchases to earn the number of Avios equal to the negative balance. Where applicable, Avios are awarded based on the USD dollar equivalent of foreign currency purchase transactions. Avios is not refundable, transferable, and has no cash value. Please allow up to 8 weeks after transactions are processed to your credit card account for the Avios to be posted to your British Airways Executive Club account.
- ^Valid only for new bookings made by residents of the Caribbean paying in USD using a valid British Airways Visa card issued by CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank for travel commencing from British Airways Caribbean gateways to London and beyond. Cardholder must travel to qualify for the applicable cabin discount. In order to take part in this promotion, eligible participants must log in at ba.com/cibcfcib using their Executive Club username and PIN and make a roundtrip booking between now and December 31, 2022. The US$50 discount in economy (World Traveller), US$100 discount in premium economy (World Traveller Plus), US$200 discount in business (Club World), or US$400 discount in First is valid on the roundtrip fare (excluding taxes, fees and carrier charges) on mainline flights operated by British Airways. Discount is valid for flights purchased by 31 December 2022 with outbound travel commencing from now through 31 December 2023. The applicable cabin discount will appear during the final payment page. Discount is not valid for flights on code share or franchise carriers. Open jaw bookings are eligible for only one discount. All rules of roundtrip fare purchased apply, including advance purchase, minimum stay, weekend-add-ons, and cancellation/refund rules. Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. Fares not purchased at ba.com/cibcfcib do not qualify for discount. The applicable discount applies for up to eight passengers booked on the same British Airways flight. Cardholder must travel to qualify for the applicable cabin discount. Refunds from previously purchased fare types not permitted. Discount not combinable with any other offer and is taken off valid, published fares only and subject to availability. Not all cabin classes are available at each gateway. Offer subject to British Airways fare rules and conditions of contract available on ba.com. Offer may be limited or withdrawn at any time without advance notice. Other significant restrictions may apply. Newly enrolled Executive Club Members, please allow 24 hours to use the promotion code. British Airways gateways from the Caribbean include: Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and Trinidad and Tobago. Discounted fare is reflected by the red "discount" shown above the price.
- &For full Terms and Conditions visit part-payment.
- **Avios Earned on flights: Avios earned via flight activity through British Airways Executive Club program are posted to your account within 24 hours after the flight. For the Avios awarded by British Airways, you will earn a minimum of 125 Avios every time you fly with British Airways or any of our oneworld® airline partners as a British Airways Executive Club Member on cash bookings on ba.com. The amount of Avios you collect depends on which airline you fly, how far you fly, the cabin you fly in, the type of ticket you hold and your Executive Club tier. The easiest way to work it out is to use our flight calculator. Full Terms and Conditions apply. For complete details related to earning and redeeming Avios, please see the Executive Club Terms and Conditions on British Airways.
The CIBC logo is a trademark of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, used by FirstCaribbean International Bank under license.