Skip to Navigation
Show allHide allshowhideexpandedcollapsed
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- This competition is only open to eligible participants ("Eligible Participants", or in the singular, an "Eligible Participant"). An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 years or over, lives in the UK and is not an employee of British Airways ("BA") or Cedar Communication ("Cedar") or their affiliates, or their family members. British Airways reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this competition, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the Terms and Conditions set out below ("Terms and Conditions").
- To be counted as an Eligible Participant, an entrant to the prize draw must: submit their entry on the form below ("Activity") between 06:00 GMT 18 December 2018 and 23:59 GMT 31 January 2019 ("Competition Period"), and provide contact details (in the form of an email address and/or telephone number) ("Contact Details"), also in the form below. This will automatically submit entry to the draw. No entries outside the Competition Period will be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
- No third party entries are permitted and only one entry per Eligible Participant is allowed.
- The following prize is available: One premium canvas and leather briefcase from Buckle and Seam, with a fabric lining of the winner’s choice. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. The prize must be confirmed by the prizewinner within two weeks of being notified of the win. (the "Prize").
- At the completion of the Competition Period a winner from those Eligible Participants will be selected at random under independent supervision in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Once the prizewinner has been chosen, the Contact Details will be used to contact each chosen winner via email or telephone call. The winner will then have 14 days by which to confirm their acceptance of the prize ("Claim Period"). If a winner is contacted via email, winners must confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing within the Claim Period by utilising the medium by which they were contacted. If the winner is contacted by telephone, they must confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing to Buckle and Seam giveaway, OnBusiness Newsletter, 85 Strand, London WC2R 0DW. If any winner does not claim the prize within the Claim Period, or the prize is declined by any winner, supplementary winners may be drawn from the remaining Eligible Participants' entries at Buckle and Seam’s discretion and these winners will be sent the relevant notification. In the event that Buckle and Seam cannot locate any potential winners, the prizes may go unawarded.
- Any other incidental expenses relating to the Prize are not included in the above Prize and must be paid for by each winner, where relevant, including delivery and insurance (if necessary).
- Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s), or special offer(s), by British Airways or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, awards or certificates.
- All British Airways and third party terms and conditions relating to the prize apply.
- Buckle and Seam accepts no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from the Eligible Participant's error, computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes.
- Buckle and Seam does not accept any responsibility in the event that any prize winner is unable to claim their Prize within the Claim Period.
- All Prizes are non-changeable and non-transferable.
- No cash or credit alternatives are offered for any Prize.
- Buckle and Seam reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of a similar value, should the specified Prize or any element thereof, become unavailable for any reasons beyond its control.
- Buckle and Seam is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to this competition misstates or omits any of the information or Terms and Conditions connected with the competition.
- Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition.
- Where imposing such condition is legal, participation in the competition constitutes the winner's (and companion's, if applicable) consent to British Airways' and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Buckle and Seam’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Buckle and Seam reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any Prize issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond Buckle and Seam’s control.
- Buckle and Seam reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or terminate any Prize won by any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition, or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or, in Buckle and Seam’s sole discretion, in an inappropriate, offensive or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Buckle and Seam reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Buckle and Seam’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Except as otherwise expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, Buckle and Seam and its affiliates shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of their respective obligations that are caused by events outside of their reasonable control. British Airways' total liability for all claims arising out of or in connection with the competition shall be limited to the value of the Prize won by the Eligible Participant. Buckle and Seam and its affiliates shall not be liable under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in relation to the event for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by an Eligible Participant (or, if applicable, their guest) in any way. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate to exclude or limit Buckle and Seam or its affiliates' liability for death or personal injury resulting from Buckle and Seam or its affiliates' negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to every Eligible Participant attending the event or entering the competition with no exceptions.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
- Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
- This competition is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The promoter Buckle and Seam, COMPANY ADDRESS HERE.