Phoenix fly-drives from
Urlaub in Phoenix
Find the time to get to Phoenix
With more than 300 sunny days a year, a clutch of fascinating museums and some of the finest Mexican food found anywhere, the capital of Arizona is packed full of reasons to visit. Outdoor adventurers will find no shortage of hiking, biking and climbing diversions, while city slickers will delight in the street art and cultural finds this thriving desert oasis in the Valley of the Sun offers.
Immerse yourself in Native American culture at the Heard Museum, then sample some authentic Mexican fare at Barrio Cafe before touring Frank Lloyd Wright’s winter home and desert laboratory, the UNESCO-listed Taliesin West. Savour an indulgent meal at Kai – its diverse menu gives a nod to local indigenous cuisine.
Explore South Mountain Park – at 16,000 acres it's one of the largest municipal parks in the country, with three mountain ranges and 50 miles of trails to hike, bike or ride. Climb the 2,330-foot-high Dobbins Lookout, the park’s highest accessible point, for sunset views of the city, along with the McDowell Mountains, Piestewa Peak, Camelback Mountain and the Superstitions. Book your flights to Phoenix today and start your adventure.
Carefully selected Phoenix hotels
Best hotels in Phoenix for all types of traveller
We present a fantastic selection of hotels in Phoenix. The Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort is set in 39 acres of gardens at the foot of the Phoenix Mountains Preserve, and boasts Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired architecture.
The all-suite Hilton Phoenix Resort at the Peak offers spacious accommodations complete with separate living area, plus a water park and mini-golf. The Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town serves a complimentary breakfast with hot and cold options. In Scottsdale, The Phoenician provides a three-storey spa with a rooftop pool for adults and runs a superb kids programme. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Scottsdale Resort has a fun Splash Canyon water feature and four heated pools to enjoy.
The Westin Kierland Resort & SpaScottsdale,4.5SternHotelTripAdvisor Bewertung
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and SpaScottsdale,5SternHotelTripAdvisor Bewertung4493 Bewertungen
Arizona Biltmore A Waldorf Astoria ResortPhoenix,5SternHotelTripAdvisor Bewertung3376 Bewertungen
Hilton Phoenix Resort at the PeakPhoenix,4SternHotelTripAdvisor Bewertung4477 Bewertungen
The Westin Kierland Resort & SpaScottsdale,4.5SternHotelAug 2023
Flüge + 7 Tage Mietwagen
Flüge + 7 Tage Mietwagen
Flüge + 7 Tage Mietwagen
Phoenix holiday FAQs
Make the most of your Phoenix holiday
Cruise the Apache Trail for incredible scenery, including giant cacti, or go further on a trip to the Grand Canyon. Take a break from the heat to cool off in a glistening pool at one of our hotels in Phoenix or feel your stress fade away in a luxury spa.
What are the best things to do in Phoenix?
1. If you’re looking for a challenging hike, then try Camelback Mountain for size. Two difficult trails climb more than 1,250 feet to a summit that resembles a kneeling camel’s humped back, from where there are spectacular panoramic views of the city. Look out for flora and fauna such as mesquite trees, prickly pear cacti, cottontail rabbits, desert tortoises and Chuckwalla lizards.
2. Discover Old Town Scottsdale. Combining urban chic with Old West charm in its nine walkable neighbourhoods, it offers a raft of unique shops, restaurants, nightclubs, museums, public art and historic sights harking back to the town’s origins in the 1880s.
3. Explore Papago Park. This hilly desert park minutes from downtown is known for its distinctive red sandstone rock formations. Its gentle inclines make it popular with runners and mountain bikers. Check out the amazing Hole-in-the-Rock landmark, the Hunt Family Tomb, the fishing lagoon, the golf course and the Hall of Flame Museum.
4. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden. Get a full appreciation of the Sonoran Desert at these beautiful gardens through following four distinct trails covering over 50,000 species of foliage – one of the world’s largest collections of desert flora. Come during springtime to witness the wildflowers in full bloom and its 32,000-square-foot butterfly area.
5. Play a tune at the Musical Instruments Museum. Take a musical tour of the world and hear some of the museum’s 16,500-strong collection of instruments. Listen to Roberta Flack’s piano and Johnny Cash’s guitar, and try your hand at playing everything from a Peruvian harp to a Native American drum.
Where are the best places to visit in Phoenix?
Mesa is known as the culinary gateway to the city, with an abundance of agritourism attractions combining to create the Fresh Foodie Trail. Watch Chicago Cubs baseball players train at Sloan Park in spring, immerse yourself in culture at the Mesa Arts Center, gawp at vintage warplanes in the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum or explore the great outdoors at the Usery Mountain Regional Park.
Scottsdale is home to upmarket shopping, fine dining and luxury resorts. There are over 100 galleries to enjoy in the Scottsdale Arts District, which hosts a weekly free ArtWalk. You can play a round of golf at one of the city’s 200 courses, hike your way through trails in the Sonoran Desert or enjoy major annual events, such as the Barrett-Jackson automotive auction.
Chandler is the place to go for family fun, prime shopping and dining. There are over 60 city parks to enjoy, a pleasant, shady downtown packed with tempting eateries occupying historic buildings, seven excellent golf courses and a host of expansive luxury resorts to indulge in.
Other holiday destinations you might be interested in
Book your ideal holiday with us
Discover the best deals and save, when you combine your flight, hotel and car hire. We have more than 12,000 hotels to choose from. Plus, earn bonus Avios when you book your holiday with us.
Buchen Sie frühzeitig und sichern Sie sich Ihren Traumurlaub mit einer geringen Online-Anzahlung.
Bei Fragen oder Problemen steht rund um die Uhr ein engagiertes Team zur Verfügung.
Sorgfältig ausgesuchte Hotels
Wir haben über 12.000 Hotels in beliebten Reisezielen rund um die Welt im Angebot.