What are the best things to do in Lanzarote?
1. Tour The Museo Atlántico, Europe’s only underwater gallery in the depths of Playa Blanca. Witness the incredible lifelike sculptures by Jason de Caires Taylor which resemble an underwater botanical garden and remind viewers to protect our oceans for future generations.
2. Immerse yourself in Lanzarote’s volcanic beauty at Timanfaya National Park, which is pockmarked by more than 100 Montañas de Fuego (mountains of fire). Chow down steaming meat and fish dishes cooked to perfection on a cast iron grill over a pit at El Diablo.
3. Sip traditional wines at La Geria, Lanzarote’s most recognised vineyard region. The vines within this protected area grow deep within volcanic pits, which protect them from the wind and provide a unique blend of nutrients. Why not enjoy a sparkling afternoon, sampling Lanzarote’s Malvasía wine – known for its aromatic, sweet honey notes.
4. Soak up the sun at Playa del Papagayo. This unspoilt Lanzarote beach is famous for its idyllic location – nestled in a natural park, framed by staggering cliffs and clear turquoise waters. Roll out your beach towels and unpack a picnic spread, while you enjoy splendid views of neighbouring island, Fuerteventura.
5. Dine at Jameos del Agua, designed by esteemed Spanish artist, César Manrique. This quaint restaurant is tucked inside the depths of a volcanic cave with a gleaming blue lake. The auditorium has impressive acoustics and hosts concerts, theatre productions and an annual film festival.
What are the best all-inclusive Lanzarote holidays?
Sandos Papagayo is the only 24-hour all-inclusive hotel on the island, with an assortment of activities to keep you entertained – from themed days at the kids’ club to sports for teens and archery for adults. Families will love Iberostar Selection Lanzarote Park for its exclusive kids’ areas – including a splash pool and mini disco. For added luxury, adults can upgrade to a Star Prestige room that allows access to the Star Prestige restaurant, chill-out zone and snack bar. Meanwhile, couples can indulge at H10 Lanzarote Princess with bespoke medicinal treatments at its exclusive Despacio Beauty Centre. The holistic all-inclusive Lanzarote package at the adult-only Sandos Atlantic Gardens can rejuvenate your body, mind and soul by spending time at the eco garden, where you can learn about sustainable farming and join culinary classes.
If you have an appetite for a variety of cuisines, Dreams Lanzarote Playa Dorada has five restaurants and eight bars that offer themed evenings. For an authentic dinner of paella accompanied with a chilled glass of Sangria, head to Sabor which celebrates seafood. Then, return to your deluxe room, which has a fully stocked minibar as part of your package holiday to Lanzarote.