About Tier Points and eligible flights
Changes to your Tier Point Collection period
We're constantly improving the British Airways Executive Club for our Members, which is why we're changing your Tier Point collection period to make things a little simpler.
As well as Avios, you’ll collect Tier Points when you fly with us and our oneworld® partners. Avios unlock your rewards, Tier Points unlock your Club benefits.
Here’s what you need to know about Tier Points:
- There are four Executive Club tiers: Blue, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Your Executive Club membership begins at the Blue tier and Tier Points help you climb the tiers.
- You collect Tier Points when you fly. The amount you earn depends on your ticket type and fare class.
- The more Tier Points you collect, the more benefits you'll receive as you move through the tiers.
- Unlike Avios, Tier Points can't be spent on rewards and they reset back to zero every year.
Check your Tier Points
Log in to check how many Tier Points you need to move to the next Tier.
You’ll earn Tier Points when you fly with us, our oneworld airline partners and subsidiaries.
To find out which airlines award Tier Points, and at what rates, go to:
- Simply fly with us at least twice and earn 300 Tier Points, or
- Take a total of 25 British Airways flights.
- Fly with us at least four times and earn 600 Tier Points, or
- Take a total of 50 British Airways flights.
- Fly with us at least four times and earn 1,500 Tier Points.
You’ll be awarded that status straight away (it can take up to 48 hours to show on your account). It lasts for the rest of your membership year and the full following membership year, unless you reach the next tier in the meantime.
- If you start your Membership year as a Blue Member and earn 300 Tier Points, you’ll become a Bronze Member.
- You’ll continue to earn Tier Points and if you reach 600 within the same year, you’ll become a Silver Member.
- Your Tier Points reset to zero at the end of your Membership year but you’ll continue to be a Silver Member for the next Membership year.
Yes, your Tier Points expire at the end of each membership year – the anniversary of when you joined the Club.
But they'll be added to your Lifetime Tier Points, the total Tier Points you’ve ever earned with the Club.
Your membership year-end date and Lifetime Tier Points are on your account page:
You must add your Club membership number every time you book a flight. Tier Points for British Airways flights are usually credited soon after you fly. Tier Points for other carriers may take up to four weeks to be processed.
You can claim any missing Tier Points or Avios within six months of your flights using your ticket number.
New Members can claim for British Airways flights taken up to three months before joining.
Can’t find your ticket number? Contact us or your local Service Centre for help.
Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.
- 'Marketed' means the flight will have a BA flight number (in your itinerary or on your ticket).
- 'Operated' means the aircraft that you travel on is a British Airways aircraft (including franchises and BA CityFlyer).
- 'Marketed and operated by Iberia' means the flight will have an IB flight number and the aircraft you travel on is an Iberia aircraft (including franchises).
Reward bookings and agency or industry-discounted bookings are not eligible.