The Boeing 787-9 is a mid-size, dual aisle, twin engine jet and Boeing’s most fuel efficient aircraft to date - 20% more fuel efficient than the similar sized commercial jets it is designed to replace. Composite materials make up 50% of the primary structure, including the fuselage and wings.
The windows are over 30% larger than those on most similarly sized aircraft and the brightness can be adjusted at the touch of a button. Serrated edges on the engine nacelles reduce the noise levels by up to 60% both in- and outside the cabin making the noise footprint of the 787 family aircraft around 60% quieter than the previous generation of aircraft. It also features raked wingtips to further improve fuel efficiency.
The Boeing 787-9 features an evolution of our First cabin, with just 8 seats compared to the usual 14, increased range and is 20 feet longer and four inches taller than the 787-8.
Making your journey that little bit smoother
- Choice of First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller
- Personal audio and video on demand
- Increased cabin comfort with large windows, higher humidity and lower pressurization
|Number in fleet||18|
|Passenger capacity||216 (4 class)|
|Length||62.8m (206 feet)|
|Wingspan||60m (197 feet)|
|Height||16.9m (55 feet 10 inches)|
|Engines||2× Rolls Royce Trent 1000|
|Maximum speed||954km/h (593mph, Mach 0.89)|
|Range||15,400km (9,550 miles)|
Did you know?
- The size of the 787 factory is approximately 380,000 square feet.
- The 787 flies at Mach 0.85, or about 650 miles per hour.