Changes to your Tier Point Collection period
We're constantly improving the British Airways Executive Club for our Members, which is why we're changing your Tier Point collection period to make things a little simpler.
Travel as you've always imagined it. You spend a lot of time travelling, and we know your time is precious. So, as a Gold Member, we’ll help you make the most of every second, with exclusive benefits that ensure you can savour some moments of tranquillity and comfort on your journey.
More rewards, sooner
As a Gold Member, you’ll collect nine Avios per qualifying pound (GBP) spent whenever you fly with British Airways or American Airlines, and eight Avios per qualifying euro (EUR) with Iberia.
On other oneworld® airlines it depends on how far you fly, your choice of cabin and which airline you fly with.
Making it easier to spend your Avios
Spending your Avios is one of the most rewarding parts of the Club, and we understand the importance of being able to spend them on the flight you want, when you want.
As a Gold Member you'll get access to additional reward seats in economy at the standard price.
If there's no availability in your chosen cabin or on the flight, with the Gold Priority Reward you have the option of using double the regular Avios to secure a seat of your choice on the flight, providing you book 30 days or more in advance. All you have to do is call us to make the arrangements.
Our First lounges await you and a guest
Gold Members are invited to enjoy the comfort of our luxurious First lounges, specifically designed around your travel needs.
Should you want to unwind and recharge, or do some work before your flight, we think you’ll find our lounges the perfect place to do so away from the hustle and bustle of airport life.
As a Gold Member, you can also access the Arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5 when travelling on long-haul flights.
Putting you in control
Your Gold membership opens up access to worldwide first class check-in desks and priority boarding — whatever cabin you're flying in, giving you more time to relax before your flight.
You'll see a group number on your boarding pass which will automatically reflect your priority. As your group will be one of the first to board, you’ll be able to settle in and relax before take-off. If you arrive after your priority group has been called, you can use the priority lane to board at your leisure.
We'll also work to ensure your plans aren't disrupted when flights get busy through Reservation Assurance and priority waitlisting.
A tailored service
We've included a few thoughtful details to take some of the hassle out of travel for our Gold Members:
- Free seat selection from the time of booking for your whole party on British Airways flights – even friends and family on other bookings, as long as they’re in the same travel class and on the same flight* plus exclusive access to 1A and 1K when travelling in First for the Gold Member only
- An additional free checked bag in any travel class for everyone on your booking, except on hand-baggage-only (Basic) fares*
- A weight allowance of 32kg (71lb) per checked bag in any travel class for everyone on your booking*
- No booking or service fees for Priority Reward bookings
- A direct line to our dedicated team of customer support staff for when you need to speak with us
*You must be travelling on the booking (or in the case of free seat selection, one of the bookings) for the benefit to apply. Not available on group rate bookings.
Keep your Executive Club status while on maternity/paternity/adoption leave
You can apply to keep your British Airways Gold status if you're planning to take maternity/paternity/adoption leave, even though you'll be taking fewer flights during this time. Also, if you enrol your child as part of your household account we'll welcome them with a gift of 1,000 Avios.
To extend the validity of your card for an additional period, all you need to do is send your documentation to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we've verified your documents, we'll send you an email confirming the renewal of your status and walk you through how to enrol your child into the Executive Club as part of a household account.
Sharing your Avios
As a Member, you can share your Avios for free with other Members who are on your Family and Friends list, so they can enjoy a reward flight sooner.
Transfer Avios for free
You can also create a Household Account for free so that you can pool your Avios with up to six people who live with you, including children.
An upgraded experience
Even with the exceptional rewards of Gold membership, we often find that Members still like something to aim for.
That's why we've reserved some of the most exceptional rewards for Gold Members who earn even more Tier Points*:
- Upgrade vouchers
- A card to the luxurious Concorde Room lounges
- Three Executive Club Partner Cards
* Tier Point values based on accrual in one year.
How to earn these rewards
This part of the Club is a very small club indeed. Care to join it?
- At 2,500 Tier Points, we'll award you a voucher that you and a companion can use towards an upgrade to the next cabin of your choice. If you earn 3,500 Tier Points we'll award you 2 Gold Upgrade for one vouchers which you can use for yourself or travel with a companion. Upgrades are now available on mixed carrier bookings and are subject to reward availability in the higher cabin.
- At 5,000 Tier Points (and from 3,000 Tier Points each year thereafter), you'll receive access to the Concorde Room, our most luxurious and well-appointed lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5, as well as our exclusive Chelsea lounge at New York JFK Terminal 8**, the perfect setting for both relaxation and business.
- At 5,000 Tier Points, you'll also receive two Executive Club Silver Partner Cards and one Gold Partner Card, so that you can share your benefits with those who matter to you most.
**Eligible Members have access to our Chelsea lounge at New York JFK Terminal 8 when travelling in First on a scheduled long-haul flight with British Airways, or a long-haul, transcontinental or international short-haul flight with American Airlines. Members with an onward connection to, or from, a long-haul, transcontinental or international short-haul flights are also invited to use the Chelsea Lounge.
You’ll be the first to hear our news and take advantage of our Member-only offers.
We'll bring you regular, exclusive deals on luxury holidays and hotels, offers on car rental and experiences, and lots of great new ways to boost your Avios.
Gold membership for life
Imagine a Gold membership that didn't expire, no matter how many times you flew or how many Tier Points you earned.
That's exactly what awaits you when you reach 35,000 Lifetime Tier Points
We'll award you lifetime Gold membership status and automatically renew your membership every year, so all you have to do is keep on enjoying your benefits and privileges.