Government taxes and fees and carrier charges
Certain taxes, fees and carrier charges may be applied to your booking by British Airways, airport operators, governments or other authorities. Here you will find an explanation of those taxes, fees and carrier charges.
Government, authority and airport charges
These are included in the price of your ticket and are levied by airport operators, governments, or other authorities.
Some airports may levy local taxes, fees or charges against passengers upon arrival or departure. These are not included in the price of your ticket and should be paid locally.
Government and/or airport taxes are refundable, however some countries will apply a Value Added Tax, Sales Tax or equivalent, which will only be refunded on fully flexible tickets.
Carrier imposed charge
British Airways may impose a charge called a carrier imposed charge as part of the total price of the airline ticket, which you may see stated separately in certain displays during the booking process or on your final e-ticket receipt.
* A refund of the carrier imposed charge or fuel surcharge where applicable may be made on unused flights in your itinerary if permitted by the fare rules and conditions applicable to your booking.
Online booking fee
British Airways applies an online booking fee, from certain countries, for flight bookings made on ba.com.
- The online booking fee is not applicable to Executive Club redemption bookings made on ba.com (Avios only, Avios & Money and Gold Upgrade for Two).
- The online booking fee is non-refundable.
- If you use an eVoucher in full or part payment of your booking, we will waive the online booking fee. However, if you remove the eVoucher the fee will be reinstated.
- In case of involuntary flight cancellations your booking fee can be refunded. We regret that this service is currently not available online. Please contact your British Airways reservations office if you wish to receive a refund of your online booking fee.
|For tickets originating in||ba.com booking fee per person per ticket (or equivalent)|