Check in for your flight here
- Save time at the airport and check in for your flight at ba.com
- Choose the best available seat from our interactive seating plan
- Print your boarding pass before you’ve even packed your suitcase
Check-in is available:
- from 24 hours before the scheduled departure time
- from 23 hours before the scheduled departure time when travelling from the US
- on all British Airways flights, including those booked through a travel agent
Please note that we cannot offer this service to:
- passengers travelling on other carriers, such as our oneworld alliance partners
- children travelling alone
- additional needs passengers
Additionally, the following passengers cannot check-in online, but can use a check-in kiosk at the airport:
- passengers travelling with children or infants
- groups with more than six people on the same booking
If you have additional needs or cannot use check-in at ba.com or a check-in kiosk, there are still check-in desks available at the airport.
- are available on over 180 routes and growing
- replace traditional boarding passes issued at the airport
- are printed on plain A4/letter paper
- have a unique bar code, which allows you to proceed directly to security at airport Departures
- enable you to avoid the check-in desk queues
If you are not able to print a boarding pass, you can collect it at a check-in kiosk.
Passport or ID check
Your passport or ID will be checked at the airport, before you board your flight.
Baggage to check in
If you have baggage, you can go to a dedicated bag drop, where your baggage will be tagged by a customer service agent and sent to the aircraft.
Customers travelling from the USA
In order to comply with security regulations, all customers (including those travelling with hand-baggage only) holding a boarding pass printed online or at a kiosk, are required to see a British Airways agent prior to passing through the security checkpoint. Please visit the British Airways Fast Bag Drop or any British Airways check-in desk to complete these formalities.