Shareholder Discount 2011 Terms and Conditions
1. This discount is only available to private individual shareholders in British Airways Plc ('BA') at their registered addresses, who were registered as holding 200 or more ordinary shares in BA on the Record Date of 29 October 2010 and who registered to receive communications relating to their shares electronically (the ‘Member'). BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Members. By taking part in this promotion, the Member confirms that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
2. Subject to these terms and conditions, the Member is entitled, with up to eight additional travel companions on the same booking and paying at the same time, to a discount of 10 per cent on any BA published fare (excluding hand baggage only fares) for leisure travel only (the ‘Shareholder Discount’). This discount applies to flight only and cannot be used when combined with a package (e.g. hotel, car hire, excursion or car parking). The Member and any travelling companions on the booking must travel together on all flights throughout the journey and have the same booking reference i.e. booked on the same booking.
3. Taxes, fees, charges and any other applicable surcharges (‘surcharges’) payable do not qualify for the 10 per cent discount and the Member is responsible for paying these. E-tickets will be issued on all applicable bookings.
4. Subject to these terms and conditions, this Shareholder Discount applies only to BA mainline scheduled flights with a BA prefix flight number or to flights operated on behalf of BA by its franchisees. Participating franchisees are: Comair Pty Ltd., and Sun-Air of Scandinavia A/S. For the avoidance of doubt, the Shareholder Discount is not valid for bookings if they contain any Codeshare* or oneworld Alliance flights/sectors.
*Codeshare services are operated by an independent airline with whom BA has an agreement, although passengers book a BA flight with a BA flight number.
5. BA accepts no responsibility for errors, omissions or delays in registration, nor any responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete bookings arising from computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes.
6. This Shareholder Discount is not transferable. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered.
7. Bookings must be made directly with BA online at www.iagshareholders.com. Members must enter their Shareholder Reference and Discount Reference numbers, which have been supplied by e-mail, in order to receive the discount. This Shareholder Discount cannot be used through travel agents, over the phone and/or at a BA ticket desk.
8. Some journeys cannot be booked online, though the Member will be able to make such bookings over the telephone through contactBA. Please note, however, that the 10 per cent Shareholder Discount will not apply to these bookings and the Member must pay the full fare plus any applicable service fee and surcharges.
9. Retrospective discounts are not permitted under any circumstances. All flights are subject to availability and capacity control.
10. This Shareholder Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer(s) by BA or jointly with any other organisation(s), bonus, rewards or certificates. Whilst Avios can be collected by the Member who is also an Executive Club Member on flights which qualify for Avios, the Shareholder Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any Avios redemption booking, including Avios, Avios & Money, or Upgrades using Avios redemptions or any partner frequent flyer programme redemption booking on BA services.
11. BA reserves the right to discontinue this Shareholder Discount offer in relation to any Member at any time to prevent improper use. Where the ticket allows and where applicable, refunds will be issued only for the actual cash component of the purchase price and otherwise in accordance with BA's refunds policy. Where the ticket allows, if the booking is changed and this results in a higher fare, only the original discount may be carried over to the amended booking. Where the change results in a lower fare, only the difference in the fare will be refunded. Refunds and changes are not permitted on non-transferable, non-changeable tickets. The Member must comply with the rules, restrictions and tariff conditions associated with the type of fare purchased.
12. The Shareholder Discount does not affect any other requirement for travel, including any advance booking or purchase requirements.
13. The Member and any additional travelling companions are responsible for supplying all relevant advance passenger information, valid passports, visas and if necessary vaccinations and inoculations, together with documentation proving this. BA strongly recommends that all passengers arrange travel and medical insurance for the duration of travel.
14. All passengers are carried subject to BA's Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket and its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available on ba.com), and all other applicable terms and conditions on ba.com.
15. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Shareholder Discount offer and all or any tickets issued without notice in the event of a major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake, or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
16. This offer will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. BA reserves the right to terminate or vary the terms and conditions of this offer at any time.
18. The promoter for this offer is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth UB7 0GB. Registered Number 177777.