Explore where your Avios can take you with our interactive map.
We appreciate you taking the time to help us.
Our credit card is welcomed in more places than any other. And because you collect Avios whenever you make a purchase, you’ll soon be welcomed in more places too. You could earn up to 9,000 bonus Avios on your first purchases, that’s already enough for a return flight from Johannesburg to Durban or even Victoria Falls.*Apply now
One lucky winner will enjoy return Club World flights for two, all the way to London and back, complete with 20,000 Avios and Avis point 2 point airport transfers. What’s more, there’s an additional twenty prizes of 20,000 Avios up for grabs too.
Receive an entry each time you use your card: from point of sale purchase to cross border and online shopping. You’ll even get an entry when you rent a car with Avis.
If you don’t have the British Airways Credit Card apply now.
Throughout the year we’ll continuously reward you with more benefits to use when use when flying domestic and regional flights with British Airways (operated by Comair):
Your companion voucher entitles you to bring someone special along on your next domestic or regional reward flight with British Airways (operated by Comair), in the same flight and cabin, so that you can share your adventure.
If you're not an Executive Club Member already, we’ll automatically enrol you into the Club when you receive your British Airways Credit Card. You’ll then be able to collect even more Avios on British Airways flights, hotels, shopping and car rental with us or our many partners.
*Subject to availability. Taxes, fees and carrier charges apply.
**When you book international return travel tickets using your British Airways Credit Card.
1. All people entering this promotional competition (the entrants) agree that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of this competition rules is available at www.bacard.co.za.
2. The Organiser of this promotional competition is Absa Bank Limited (registered number 1986/004794/06), all subsidiaries and associates of Absa Bank Limited and the ultimate holding company of Barclays Africa Group Limited, its subsidiaries and associates (“Absa”).
Rules of the competition
3. This promotional competition starts at on 1st of July 2016 and ends at 23.59 on 30th of September 2016 (dates inclusive). This will be the promotional period.
4. In order to be eligible for entry:
• the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa
• have a valid British Airways Credit Card that is in good standing
• all qualifying transactions to be performed with the entrant’s British Airways Credit Card
Method of entry (applicable during period 1 July 2016 and 30 September 2016)
• 1 entry for taking up the British Airways Credit Card (Existing BA cardholders are automatically entered)
• 1 entry for every Point-of-Sale purchase
• 1 entry for every Cross-border purchase
• 1 entry for every online purchase
• 1 entry for every Avis car rental
6. Absa, AGL (Avios Group Limited), British Airways (“BA”) and Avis, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
7. 21 entrants will randomly be selected during the promotion draw with each being awarded one of 21 prizes:: The first winner drawn will be awarded:
• Two return business class tickets to London, UK travelling with British Airways from Johannesburg or Cape Town
• Avis Point 2 Point inner city transfer, subject to condition no 8 below
• 20 000 Avios The next 20 winners drawn will each be awarded:
• 20 000 Avios
8. Avis Point 2 Point inner city transfers are available in Durban, Cape Town and Gauteng only, and are subject to availability in specific areas. The Point 2 Point transfer may only be redeemed in conjunction with the flight prize and not on its own. The prize is for 2 (two) transfers to and from the relevant airport in Durban, Cape Town or Gauteng in a sedan vehicle (e.g. BMW 3 Series or similar subject to availability). The prize is valid for 12 (twelve) months of receipt of the prize letter specifying the details for redeeming the prize. The prize is subject to all Avis Point 2 Point’s standard terms and conditions.
9. Avios will be credited to the British Airways Executive Club account of the winner within 28 days from the date on which the winner provides their Executive Club number. Neither Absa nor British Airways will be liable for Avios being credited to the wrong account and British Airways will not be responsible to re-credit these Avios to the correct account if incorrect Executive Club numbers are supplied.
10. Avios are issued and redeemed according to the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Avios will not expire if Members collect or spend a minimum of one Avios every 3 years.
11. Prize flights are valid for travel for twelve (12) months from the date of issue when the winner claims their prizes and are subject to availability at the time of booking and must be booked at least 56 days in advance. BA reserves the right to limit the number of prize travel seats available on any flight. It is possible that there will be no prize travel seats allocated on a particular service or the flight may be fully booked for prize travel seats, even though other seats are still available in the same cabin. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that the winner is unable to book their preferred flight(s).
12. The winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and obtaining inoculations that may be required to visit their destination. The promoter recommends that all passengers consider travel and medical insurance prior to commencing any flight.
13. Both tickets must be redeemed at the same time and cannot be split. Tickets must be used on the same journey, on the same day and the same flights. The travel companion must be aged 18 or over. These terms and conditions apply to both the Winner and the companion.
14. Where available, all prize flights will be issued as e-tickets. All airline taxes, fees and carrier charges are included. Tickets cannot be upgraded, transferred, sold or exchanged.
15. Winner/s may only chose from BA operated-flights. Travel on BA franchise, code-share and alliance airlines, domestic connections, transfers and other add-ons are not included. Once booked, no changes can be made to tickets.
16. All travel on BA flights is subject to BA's General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket and itinerary.
17. Any other incidental expenses are not included in the above prize and must be paid for by the Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the promoters and BA will have no liability in relation to costs associated with travelling, accommodation and incidental expenses. In addition, the winner is responsible for any income or use tax assessed in connection with the prize.
18. Prize flights are non-changeable and non-transferable. This prize may not be used in conjunction with any other British Airways Executive Club and/or Avios special offers.
19. The winner will be randomly chosen from all qualifying entrants by the British Airways Credit Card Product Manager and monitored by, an independent supervisor, being a chartered accountant, registered auditor, admitted attorney, commissioner of oaths or advocate and by means of a draw to take place at the premises of Barclays Pretoria Campus, situated at Barclays Pretoria Campus, 270 Maggs Street, Waltloo, Pretoria, on Friday, 17 October 2016.
20. The prize-winners will be contacted telephonically on Friday, 17 October 2016. If the selected winners do not answer their landline and/or mobile phone, Absa will leave a message on the prize-winner’s landline or mobile phone (if possible). Absa undertakes to try at least three (3) times on three (3) consecutive days to notify the prize-winners. If Absa cannot get hold of the prize-winners telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Absa will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant. The prize-winners will have 2 (two) weeks in which to claim their prize from date of notice to the contact details specified (i.e via sms, e-mail or post). In the event that a prize-winner does not claim their prize within two weeks from the date of notice in accordance with this clause a replacement winner may be selected from the remaining entries at Absa’s discretion.
21. Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the competition without liability to Absa, BA or such third parties.
22. Absa would appreciate the right to identify the winners by taking their photograph (at no fee) and publishing this in the relevant media as decided by Absa. Absa does however acknowledge the prize-winners right to choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photograph taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
23. If the prize-winners have given written consent, Absa has the right to publish the winners’ names and photographs (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material. The nature of these publications will be determined at the sole discretion of Absa, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of the lucky draw.
24. Unless Absa has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Absa, AGL and BA are not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or prize winner’s participation in the promotional competition.
25. If Absa cannot continue with the promotional competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law to do so, Absa may end or alter the terms of the promotional competition on condition that– • the prize winners have not been determined; and • reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
26. If the promotional competition is ended as set out in 24 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Absa, unless Absa has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
27. Once the prizes have been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the promotion are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.
28. Amendments to the Terms and Conditions:
• Absa is entitled to amend the terms and conditions thereof in so far as same is deemed necessary and such amendments may relate to any aspect of such competition;
• the amendments may include the addition and or deletion of any exiting and or proposed terms and conditions of the competition, which amendments may also affect the identified prize money of such competition;
• the proposed amendments may be effected prior to the starting date of the competition and during the campaign period, which amendments may result in the campaign period being reduced and or extended as deemed necessary.
29. The promoters are in no way liable for the reproduction of or indirect access to this promotion or these terms and conditions via third party web sites or home page access where any reproduction of the information relating to this promotion misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
30. Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the promoter's control.