1.This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in the United Kingdom or Ireland, aged 18 years or over, who books and travels on a Qualifying Flight (see definition below). British Airways Plc (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the terms and conditions set out below.
2. A Qualifying Flight:
a) is a published fully or semi-flexible return fare in Club World on a BA mainline service or a selected BA marketed codeshare service (see clause 10), departing from the UK;
b) must comprise of one sector that is booked in either J, D, C or R class (on the following fare basis codes: J2UKUP1, J2UKUP2, C2UKUP3, C2UKUP4, D2UKUP5, D2UKUP6, J2LCUP1, J2LCUP2, C2LCUP3, C2LCUP4, D2LCUP5, D2LCUP6, J1UP1, J1UP2, C2UP1, C2UP2, D2UP1, D2UP2, R2UKUP7, R2UKUP8, R2LCUP7, R2LCUP8, R2UP1 or R2UP2), and another sector that is booked in A class (subject to availability) ;
c) if booked in R class, must not be on an excluded route (see clause 5 below); and
d) must be booked and travelled between the dates specified in clauses 3 and 4.
3. Times and dates within which Qualifying Flights must be booked:
a) For semi flexible C, D and R class: bookings must be made from 10:00 Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") on 29 April 2014 until 23:59 GMT on 23 May 2014;
b) For fully flexible J class: from 10:00 GMT on 29 April 2014 until 23:59 GMT on 25 July 2014; and
c) For A class: from 10:00 GMT on 29 April 2014 until 23:59 on 25 July 2014
4. Qualifying Flight travel dates (applicable to J, C, D, R and A classes):
a) Outbound from 29 April 2014 until 31 August 2014 inclusive; and
b) Inbound up to and including 7 September 2014.
5. The following R class routes are not included in this offer: flights departing from London Heathrow (LHR) and flying to Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), Denver (DEN), Nassau (NAS), Grand Cayman (GCM) , Providenciales (PLS), Bangkok (BKK), Singapore (SIN) and Sydney (SYD); and flights departing from London Gatwick (LGW) and flying to Barbados (BGI), Grenada (GND), St. Lucia (SLU), Port of Spain (POS), Antigua (ANU), St. Kitts (SKB), Tobago (TAB), Punta Cana (PUJ), Kingston (KIN), Orlando (ORL), Tampa (TPA), Cancun (CUN), Las Vegas (LAS), Male (MLE) and Mauritius (MRU). Customers should also note that the following routes are excluded from this offer in whole: flights departing from LHR to Phoenix (PHX) and flights departing from LHR to Tokyo (both Narita International Airport (NRT) and Haneda International Airport (HND)).
6. Eligible Participants who make a booking for a Qualifying Flight with one sector in C, D, or R class, between 10:00 GMT on 29 April 2014 and 23:59 GMT 23 May 2014, and another sector in A class, for travel on the booked Qualifying Flight departing UK between 29 April 2014 and 31 August 2014, and returning on a flight that arrives in the UK on or before 7 September 2014 (the “Promotional Period”), will, subject to the Eligible Participant having booked a flight with the appropriate fare basis code as detailed in Clause 2(b) above, be permitted to an upgrade either on the outbound or return part of the Qualifying Flight from Club World to First (booking class A). All upgrades are subject to availability at the time of booking. Eligible Participants who book a Qualifying Flight with one sector in J class between 10:00 GMT on 29 April 2014 and 23:59 GMT 25 July 2014, and another sector in A class, for travel during the Promotional Period, will, subject to the Eligible Participant having booked a flight with the appropriate fare basis code as detailed in Clause 2(b) above , be permitted, subject to availability at the time of booking, to an upgrade either on the outbound or return part of the Qualifying Flight from Club World to First (booking Class A).
7. Bookings must be made with a travel agent or by contacting BA on 0844 493 0787. This promotion does not apply to bookings made on ba.com. No pre-registration is required for the upgrade.
8. Eligible Participants must request the upgrade, at the time of booking. All Qualifying Flights must start and finish in the UK and all tickets must be purchased and ticketed in the UK.
9. Please be advised that not all fare types will be eligible for this promotion. To be sure of purchasing an eligible ticket for this promotion when booking please request an eligible fare using the fare basis codes listed in Clause 2 of these terms and conditions.
10. Flights on BA’s franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld alliance members are excluded with the exception of American Airlines operated flights to the US & Mexico. For full details about BA’s franchisees, code share partners and oneworld alliance members please visit www.britishairways.com/travel/baalliance.
11. With the exception of flights from LHR to New York (where, subject to availability, the option to take an upgrade is available on the LHR to JFK or EWR sector, or the JFK or EWR to LHR sector of the Qualifying Flight) travel on routes that do not operate a First class cabin (“First”) will not be counted as forming “one sector" of the Qualifying Flight. As an example, passengers who wish to book a sector for travel from London to New York that would count as "one sector" towards a Qualifying Flight must choose to fly LHR to JFK and not LCY to JFK. Please check available routes when booking as (i) certain routes may be excluded from this promotion (ii) routes may be withdrawn from this promotion at any time and without notice.
12. Please be advised that BA may charge a non-refundable service fee per person per ticket at the time of booking where payment is made via credit card, PayPal or payment methods other than debit cards. Further details and conditions on service fees for tickets purchased through BA direct channels can be found on ba.com by entering “global service fees” in the search box. Bookings via a travel agent may also incur a booking fee. Please contact your travel agent for any other applicable service fees when purchasing a ticket directly from them.
13. Qualifying Flights and upgrades are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. In particular, the upgrade to First (A class) is subject to redemption capacity in the First cabin on your chosen flight. Seats available for this promotion on each flight are limited and may be fully booked during peak periods, particularly on routes to/from New York (JFK/EWR), Johannesburg (JNB), Cape Town (CPT) and Singapore (SIN), even though seats are still available in a different booking class in the same cabin. BA does not accept any liability in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight or if seats in First (A class) are not available on a given date within the Promotional Period.
14. There is no limit to the number of times an Eligible Participant can take advantage of the upgrade offer during the Promotional Period.
15. If the aircraft is substituted for one that does not have a First cabin for any logistical, operational, technical or other reason, Eligible Participants will be seated, subject to availability, in the long-haul Business cabin (BA Club World). No compensation will be offered in this event.
16. No upgrades are available on connecting flights, transfers or add-ons, or any other non-Qualifying Flights that the Eligible Participant may wish to take.
17. Upgrades are non-transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. The promotion has no cash value.
18. Eligible Participants who are also members of the BA Executive Club will be awarded Avios Points and Tier Points in accordance with points allottable for the cabin that they actually fly in. Avios Points and Tier Points are issued for use subject to the Executive Club's terms and conditions.
19. To earn Avios Points and Tier Points, Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking each Qualifying Flight and at check-in for each and every outbound and return journey.
20. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotional upgrade unless their revised travel arrangements also qualify under the terms and conditions of this promotion.
21. Refunds are subject to the fare rules of your ticket. Where a refund is available, the maximum refund will be the amount actually paid. If the upgrade is taken and travelled on the outbound part of the Qualifying Flight and the return part of the Qualifying Flight is cancelled by the Eligible Participant, any refund due will be calculated as the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the journey completed.
22. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal, including but without limitation to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discounted fares
(including agency, industry, and employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes; or (iii) bookings made with vouchers (e.g. shareholder’s discount vouchers).
23. For a limited number of destinations, a lower return fare in First may be available than the single fare offered under Upgrade to First. British Airways is in no way liable should customers not be offered this lower return fare at the time of booking. Return fares in First are subject to availability and fare terms and conditions.
24. All passengers are carried by BA in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available on ba.com) and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.
25. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion, without notice, in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
26. BA is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions of this promotion.
27. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
28. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
29. The Promoter is: British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.