1.This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in the United Kingdom and/or Ireland aged 18 years or over who books and travels on a Qualifying Flight. British Airways Plc (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
2. A Qualifying Flight:
a) is a published fully or semi flexible return fare in Club World on a BA mainline service or a selected BA marketed codeshare service (see clause 11), departing from the UK;
b) must comprise of one sector that is booked in A class and another sector that is booked in either R, C, D or J class on the fare basis codes J2UKUP1, J2UKUP2, C2UKUP3, C2UKUP4, D2UKUP5, D2UKUP6, J2LCUP1, J2LCUP2, C2LCUP3, C2LCUP4, D2LCUP5, D2LCUP6, J1UP1, J1UP2, C2UP1, C2UP2, D2UP1, D2UP2, R2UKUP7, R2UKUP8, R2LCUP7, R2LCUP8, R2UP1 or R2UP2;
c) if booked in R class, must not be on an excluded route (see clause 5 below); and
d) must be booked and travelled between the dates specified in clauses 3 and 4.
3. Qualifying Flight booking dates:
a) In semi flexible C, D and R class, from 8 January 2014 until 23:59 on 27 January 2014
b) In fully flexible J class, from 8 January 2014 until 23:59 on 21 March 2014
4. Qualifying Flight travel dates (applicable to J, C, D and R classes):
a) Outbound from 8 January 2014 until 21 March 2014
b) Inbound up to and including 11 April 2014
5. The following R class routes are not included in this offer: London Heathrow (LHR) to Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), Phoenix (PHX), Denver (DEN), Nassau (NAS), Grand Cayman (GCM) and Providenciales (PLS), Bangkok (BKK), Singapore (SIN) and Sydney (SYD) and London Gatwick (LGW) to Barbados (BGI), Grenada (GND), St. Lucia (SLU), Port of Spain (POS), Antigua (ANU), St.Kitts (SKB), Tobago (TAB), Punta Cana (PUJ), Kingston (KIN), Orlando (ORL), Tampa (TPA), Cancun (CUN), Las Vegas (LAS), Male (MLE) and Mauritius (MRU).
6. Eligible Participants who book a Qualifying Flight with one sector in C, D or R class from 8 January until 27 January 2014 and travel on the booked Qualifying Flight departing from 8 January until 21 March 2014 and returning on or before 11 April 2014 (the “Promotional Period”) will be permitted to a free upgrade either on the outbound or return part of the Qualifying Flight from Club World (from certain C, D or R fare basis codes as detailed above) to First (in booking class A), subject to availability at the time of booking.
7. Eligible Participants who book a Qualifying Flight with one sector in J class from 8 January until 21 March 2014 and travel on the booked Qualifying Flight departing from 8 January until 21 March 2014 and returning on or before 11 April 2014 (the “Promotional Period”) will be permitted to a free upgrade either on the outbound or return part of the Qualifying Flight from Club World (from certain J class fare basis codes as detailed above) to First (in booking class A), subject to availability at the time of booking.
8. Bookings must be made with a travel agent or by contacting BA on 0844 493 0787. This promotion does not apply to bookings made on ba.com. No pre-registration is required for the upgrade.
9. Eligible Participants must request the upgrade, which is specific to this promotion, at the time of booking. All Qualifying Flights must start and finish in the UK and all tickets must be purchased and ticketed in the UK&I.
10. Please be advised that not all fare types will be eligible for this promotion. To be sure of purchasing an eligible ticket for this promotion when booking please request an eligible fare using the fare basis codes listed in clause 2 of these terms and conditions.
11. Flights on BA’s franchisees, code share partners or oneworld alliance members are excluded with the exception of American Airlines operated flights to the US & Mexico. For full details about BA’s franchisees, code share partners and oneworld alliance members please visit www.britishairways.com/travel/baalliance.
12. Routes that do not operate with a First cabin cannot be used as one sector of the Qualifying Flight to receive the upgrade, except to New York. In this instance, the upgrade can only be taken on the Heathrow to New York (JFK or EWR) or New York (JFK or EWR) to Heathrow sector of the Qualifying Flight, subject to availability. Passengers can book the LCY-JFK service in Club World to qualify, but as there is no First cabin on the LCY- JFK service they must use the LHR-JFK/EWR in one direction to take advantage of the upgrade offer. Please check available routes when booking as (i) certain routes may be excluded from this promotion, (ii) routes may be withdrawn from this promotion at any time and without notice.
13. Please be advised that BA may charge a non-refundable service fee per person per ticket at the time of booking where payment is made via credit card, PayPal or payment methods other than debit cards. Further details and conditions on service fees for tickets purchased through BA direct channels can be found on ba.com by entering “global service fees” in the search box. Bookings via a travel agent may also incur a booking fee. Please contact your travel agent for any other applicable service fees when purchasing a ticket from them.
14. Qualifying Flights and upgrades are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. In particular, the upgrade to First (A class) is subject to redemption capacity in the First cabin on your chosen flight. Seats available for this promotion on each flight are limited and may be fully booked during peak periods, particularly on routes to/from New York (JFK/EWR), Johannesburg (JNB), Cape Town (CPT) and Singapore (SIN), even though seats are still available in a different booking class in the same cabin. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight or if seats in First (A class) are not available on a given date within the Promotional Period.
15. There is no limit to the number of times an Eligible Participant can take advantage of the upgrade offer during the Promotional Period.
16. If the aircraft is substituted for one that does not have a First cabin for any logistical, operational, technical or other reason, Eligible Participants will be seated, subject to availability, in the long-haul Business cabin (BA Club World). No compensation will be offered in this event.
17. No upgrades are available on connecting flights, transfers or add-ons, or any other non-Qualifying Flights that the Eligible Participant may wish to take.
18. Upgrades are non-transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. The promotion has no cash value.
19. Eligible Participants who are also members of the BA Executive Club will be awarded Avios Points and Tier Points for the cabin that they actually fly in. Avios Points and Tier Points are issued for use subject to the usual terms and conditions of the Executive Club.
20. To earn Avios Points and Tier Points, Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking each Qualifying Flight and at check-in for each and every outbound and return journey.
21. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotional upgrade unless their revised travel arrangements also qualify under the terms and conditions of this promotion.
22. Refunds are subject to the fare rules of your ticket. Where a refund is available, the maximum refund will be the amount actually paid. If the upgrade is taken and travelled on the outbound part of the Qualifying Flight and the return part of the Qualifying Flight is cancelled by the Eligible Participant, any refund due will be calculated as the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the journey completed.
23. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal, including but without limitation to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discounted fares (including agency, industry, and employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes; or (iii) bookings made with vouchers (e.g. shareholder's discount vouchers).
24. For a limited number of destinations, a lower return fare in First may be available than the single fare offered under Upgrade to First. British Airways is in no way liable should customers not be offered this lower return fare at the time of booking. Return fares in First are subject to availability and fare terms and conditions.
25. All passengers are carried by BA in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available on ba.com, at “Legal” – “General Conditions of Carriage”) and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.
26. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion, without notice, in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
27. BA is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions of this promotion.
28. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
29. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
30. The Promoter is: British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.