1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in the United Kingdom or Ireland, aged 18 years or over, who books and travels on a Qualifying Flight (see definition below). British Airways Plc (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the terms and conditions set out below.
2. A Qualifying Flight:
a) is a published fully or semi-flexible return fare in Club World on a selected BA mainline service or a selected BA marketed codeshare service (see clause 10), departing from the UK;
b) must comprise of one sector that is booked in either J, C, D or R class in the United Kingdom on the following fare basis codes: J2UKUP1, J2UKUP2, C2UKUP3, C2UKUP4, D2UKUP5, D2UKUP6, J2LCUP1, J2LCUP2, C2LCUP3, C2LCUP4, D2LCUP5, D2LCUP6, J1UP1, J1UP2, C2UP1, C2UP2, D2UP1, D2UP2, R2UKUP7, R2UKUP8, R2LCUP7, R2LCUP8, R2UP1 or R2UP2, and another sector that is booked in A class (subject to availability);
c) or, must comprise of one sector that is booked in either J, C, D or R class in Ireland on the following fare basis codes: J2EURUP5, J2EURUP6, C2EURUP1, C2EURUP2, R2JBUP11, R2JBUP4, D2JBUP10, D2JBUP3, C2JBUP1, C2JBUP2, J2JBUP5, J2JBUP6, D2EURUP3, D2EURUP4, R2EURUP7, R2EURUP8, and another sector that is booked in A class (subject to availability);
d) must not be on an excluded route or class (see clause 5 below); and
e) must be booked and travelled between the dates specified in clauses 3 and 4.
3. Times and dates within which Qualifying Flights must be booked:
a) For fully flexible J class and semi-flexible C and D class: bookings must be made from 10:00 Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") on 3 September 2015 until 23:59 GMT on 11 December 2015;
b) For semi-flexible R class: bookings must be made from 10:00 Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") on 3 September 2015 until 23:59 GMT on 30 September 2015; and
c) For A class: from 10:00 GMT on 3 September 2015 until 23:59 GMT on 11 December 2015.
4. Qualifying Flight travel dates (applicable to J, C, D, R and A classes):
a) Outbound from 3 September 2015 until 31 December 2015 inclusive; and
b) Inbound up to and including 6 January 2016.
5. The following long haul routes are not applicable to this campaign:
- London Gatwick to Bermuda
6. Eligible Participants who make a booking for a Qualifying Flight with one sector in J, C and D class, between 10:00 GMT on 3 September 2015 and 23:59 GMT on 11 December 2015, and another sector in A class, for travel on the booked Qualifying Flight departing UK or Ireland between 3 September 2015 and 31 December 2015, and returning on a flight that arrives in the UK or Ireland on or before 6 January 2016 (the “Promotional Period”), will, subject to the Eligible Participant having booked a flight on an eligible long haul route and in the appropriate class and with the appropriate fare basis code as detailed in clauses 5 and 2(b) or 2(c) above, be permitted to an upgrade either on the outbound or return part of the Qualifying Flight from Club World to First (booking class A). All upgrades are subject to availability at the time of booking.
7. Eligible Participants who make a booking for a Qualifying Flight with one sector in R class, between 10:00 GMT on 3 September 2015 and 23:59 GMT on 30 September 2015, and another sector in A class, for travel on the booked Qualifying Flight departing UK or Ireland between 3 September 2015 and 31 December 2015, and returning on a flight that arrives in the UK or Ireland on or before 6 January 2016 (the “Promotional Period”), will, subject to the Eligible Participant having booked a flight on an eligible long haul route and in the appropriate class and with the appropriate fare basis code as detailed in clauses 5 and 2(b) or 2(c) above, be permitted to an upgrade either on the outbound or return part of the Qualifying Flight from Club World to First (booking class A). All upgrades are subject to availability at the time of booking.
8. Bookings must be made with a travel agent or by contacting BA on 0844 493 0787 (calls cost 7ppm plus your phone company’s access charge) in the UK (or 1890 626747 for bookings made in Ireland). This promotion does not apply to bookings made on ba.com. No pre-registration is required for the upgrade.
9. Eligible Participants must request the upgrade at the time of booking. All Qualifying Flights must start and finish in the UK and Ireland and all tickets must be purchased and ticketed in the UK and Ireland.
10. Please be advised that not all fare types will be eligible for this promotion. To be sure of purchasing an eligible ticket for this promotion when booking please request an eligible fare using the classes and fare basis codes listed in clause 2 and the routes listed in clause 5 of these terms and conditions.
11. Flights on BA’s franchisees, codeshare partners or oneworld alliance members are excluded with the exception of American Airlines operated flights to the US & Mexico. For full details about BA’s franchisees, code share partners and oneworld alliance members please visit www.britishairways.com/travel/baalliance.
12. Routes that do not operate with a First cabin cannot be used as one sector of the Qualifying Flight to receive the upgrade except on the LCY-JFK service. In this instance, the upgrade can only be taken on the Heathrow to New York (JFK or EWR) or New York (JFK or EWR) to Heathrow sector of the Qualifying Flight, subject to availability. Passengers can book the LCY-JFK service in Club World to qualify, but as there is no First cabin on the LCY- JFK service they must use the LHR-JFK/EWR in one direction to take advantage of the upgrade offer. Please check available routes when booking as (i) certain routes may be excluded from this promotion, ii) routes may be withdrawn from this promotion at any time and without notice.
13. Please be advised that BA may charge a non-refundable service fee per person per ticket at the time of booking where payment is made via credit card, PayPal or payment methods other than debit cards. Further details and conditions on service fees for tickets purchased through BA direct channels can be found on ba.com by entering “global service fees” in the search box. Bookings via a travel agent may also incur a booking fee. Please contact your travel agent for any other applicable service fees when purchasing a ticket directly from them.
14. Qualifying Flights and upgrades are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. In particular, the upgrade to First (A class) is subject to capacity in the First cabin on your chosen flight. Seats available for this promotion on each flight are limited and may be fully booked during peak periods, even though seats are still available in a different booking class in the same cabin. BA does not accept any liability in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight or if seats in First (A class) are not available on a given date within the Promotional Period.
15. There is no limit to the number of times an Eligible Participant can take advantage of the upgrade offer during the Promotional Period.
16. If the aircraft is substituted for one that does not have a First cabin for any logistical, operational, technical or other reason, Eligible Participants will be seated, subject to availability, in the long haul Business cabin (BA Club World). No compensation will be offered in this event.
17. No upgrades are available on connecting flights, transfers or add-ons, or any other non-Qualifying Flights that the Eligible Participant may wish to take.
18. Upgrades are non-transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. The promotion has no cash value.
19. Eligible Participants who are also members of the BA Executive Club will be awarded Avios Points and Tier Points in accordance with points allottable for the cabin that they actually fly in. Avios Points and Tier Points are issued for use subject to the Executive Club's terms and conditions.
20. To earn Avios Points and Tier Points, Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking each Qualifying Flight and at check-in for each and every outbound and return journey.
21. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for the promotional upgrade unless their revised travel arrangements also qualify under the terms and conditions of this promotion.
22. Refunds are subject to the fare rules of your ticket. Where a refund is available, the maximum refund will be the amount actually paid. If the upgrade is taken and travelled on the outbound part of the Qualifying Flight and the return part of the Qualifying Flight is cancelled by the Eligible Participant, any refund due will be calculated as the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the journey completed.
23. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal, including but without limitation to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discounted fares
(including agency, industry, and employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes; or (iii) bookings made with vouchers (e.g. shareholder’s discount vouchers).
24. For a limited number of destinations, a lower return fare in First may be available than the single fare offered under Upgrade to First. British Airways is in no way liable should customers not be offered this lower return fare at the time of booking. Return fares in First are subject to availability and fare terms and conditions.
25. All passengers are carried by BA in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available on ba.com) and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided. Passengers travelling on flights operated by another carrier will be subject to the conditions of carriage of that carrier.
26. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion, without notice, in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
27. BA is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via any third party website or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions of this promotion.
28. This promotion will be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
29. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
30. The Promoter is: British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.